forum

osu!'s Got Talent Season 1

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ash Ketchum

Discord

osu!'s Got Talent Season 1!

Hello! Welcome to the first (un)official season of osu!'s Got Talent! The gamemode for osu!'s Got Talent is osu!std. This is not your regular tournament, no, this is based off the Got Talent television series aired at most places around the world. As you may know, the Got Talent format is somewhat different then a regular knockout tournament format. I'll get to the format later, anyway, this will be a 32 player tournament to start with, let's see if we can get that many participants.

Signups will be done in pm on the osu! website. PM me if you're in the appropriate rank range(which is 50k-100k) and you want to join.

Format
Format

If you have seen the Got Talent series then you may know that there are auditions, and there will be exactly that in this "tournament."
Basically, 32 players sign up. Then the so called "judges" (which I'll get to later) spectate the first player, as he picks a map from the mappool to play.
That player then plays the picked map and once he's done, the judges give him a score using a rubric without telling him the score.
The 16 players with the highest score then move onto the second round and after every round the participant amount is halved.
Then once there are 2 players left, the one who wins that round is the winner of the tournament. The auditions will take around 4 days to complete or less depending on how long it will take.

Rules
Rules

You get 3 tries during your performance.
You can use all mods, but 3 out of 9 maps in the mappool will be DT specific.
If you're offline 15 minutes after your performance was supposed to start, you will be disqualified.
Be on 30 minutes before the match and let the judges know you're there.

REGISTERED PLAYERS:

moltaar
Mr_Pruggles
llSkyBluell
KawaiiNeko
nickyp21312
Keex
squirmey
Illinon
Scarlet Evans
mcgen
Victor_733

Judges:

Tioners
BeatingHeart
YoshiLover456
Tierra Azur
Elysia

If you want to be a judge, just pm me on the osu! website as well saying you want to be a judge.

Start date: 27th of January 2017

PM me on the osu! website if you want to become a staff member. (Streamer, Commentator, Map Pool Selector)

Staff
Staff:

Tournament Organizer/Judge: Tioners
Judge: BeatingHeart YoshiLover456 Tierra Azur Elysia
Streamer: None so far.
Commentator: None so far.
Map Pool Selector: CharmCaster Joezapy
llSkyBluell
How do i Sing up in the tournament?
An1m3
Interesting concept, as good as it sounds this will take a ton of effort to make this successful. I might decide to pitch in and help.

Good Luck! :)
m0rsumbra
I better grind to get to 100k lol. Really excited to see how this plays out.
Topic Starter
Ash Ketchum
Updated player list. Added discord server as well.
squirmey
sounds like an interesting concept for osu! sign me up :)
what time will it start at?

also do we get style points for cursor dancing?
gc PanDoRa
Hooo nice. Maybe I am going to join 8-)
napie09
I'm joining if possible :D
Chulo0
Sign me in
Pruggles
This is going to be fun :D
Chordsy
I'm in
Topic Starter
Ash Ketchum
11 players signed up so far, if not enough players sign up before the deadline, I'm afraid this is gonna have to be cancelled.
Topic Starter
Ash Ketchum
Judge spots filled!
Kira Kira

llSkyBluell wrote:

How do i Sing up in the tournament?

You pm the host
Kira Kira
Why is there a 24k in a tournament for 100-50k players?
Angelina
This does not actually sound like it would feel like an AGT audition as the participants do not pick their own "acts" or maps in this case, however , it still sounds interesting.
ReBOOting_ExE
I WANT TO SIGN UP
(i know i am not within 100k but i can play extremely well for people in my rankrange, which is higher 4*to lower 5*)
diamondturtle01
I wanna join, rank 80k (I pm'd you)
Monstah
Sign me up sounds fun
Deivedux
I'm just gonna do you guys a favor and drag this thread back to the top of tournaments subforum. No need to thank me ;)
Scarlet Evans
Not that I am impatient or something, but it's written that start date is 27th of January 2017, which is in 3 days, but we still have no new info and mappool is still to be announced.

Anyone knows something more?
Deivedux

Scarlet Evans wrote:

Not that I am impatient or something, but it's written that start date is 27th of January 2017, which is in 3 days, but we still have no new info and mappool is still to be announced.

Anyone knows something more?
I would say join their Discord server. They might have all the info there than just announcing it here ;)
show more