forum

Elmo and Cookie Monster - Cookie-Butter-Choco-Cookie [Osu|Ca

posted
Total Posts
show more
IamKwaN
what i think is PIKOTARO composes the song, that's the reason why he should be in the artist, no matter who does the vocal part

and why is it and instead of to in the romanised artist
Topic Starter
Monstrata
Okay discussed some stuff with KwaN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMjdkEA9jM8 is a video, not the song. Therefore there is no "official" song metadata. The video contains 3 and a half minutes of Pikotaro teaching Elmo and Cookie Monster how to dance, so it wouldn't be fair to say video = song metadata unless you think the song metadata should include the 3.5 minutes of speech.

There are two versions of the song, one that begins at the start, and another that begins on https://youtu.be/DMjdkEA9jM8?t=3m41s

The first version is just Elmo and Cookie Monster (hence the title), and the second version is Pikotaro + Elmo and Cookie Monster. I mapped the first one.

For romanized artist/title I used "and" because the rest of the artist/title is in English. "Elmo to Cookie Monster" sounds like it is english too, I don't think people will read the "to" and think it's a Japanese particle given the context of the song title + artist so thats why I went with "and" instead. (People will read this as "Elmo two Cookie Monster" instead of "Elmo toh Cookie Monster" unless they know the Japanese context). "to" and "and" are interchangeable in Japanese transliteration when the rest of the title is translated to English, so I picked the second instead.

[]

In any case, currently, we are quoting wikipedia for reference on "modified hepburn romanization" methods. However wikipedia is not a good source to begin with, nor is the wikipedia article helpful in what the issue is here (English transliteration). From what I know about modified hepburn, studying the actual system, (a summary can be found on: https://www.loc.gov/catdir/cpso/japanes ... 111215.pdf though the full system is in book form) the romanization system is actually meant as a phonetic transcription method.

For example, if you didn't know the Japanese katakana/hiragana alphabet, then there is absolutely no way you can read"エルモとクッキーモンスタ". Romanization is actually supposed to tell you how to pronounce it so even if you can't read Japanese, you can still speak it. Therefore one of the correct modified hepburn romanizations is: "Erumo to Kukkii Monsta" (There are multiple ways to write クッキー too, Kuki, Kuuki, Kuukii,

Admittedly, because there are different romanization systems, this ends up being "one" of the methods for romanization. The other being English transliteration or "translation" which we use for a lot of maps too (https://osu.ppy.sh/s/53857) Remote Control instead of Remo Con. With this method, what is important is language consistency. エルモとクッキーモンスタ is fully Japanese, "Elmo and Cookie Monster" is fully English. "Elmo to Cookie Monster" is English and Japanese so part of the system is romanized and part of it is transliterated. Whichever method you investigate, both would ultimately say that this romanization result is incorrect (Unless there is an official source / preferred romanization.)
riffy
To be fair, I'd support Monstrata in this case. PIKOTARO might be the composer, but the actual performers are Elmo and Cookie Monster. As long as PIKOTARO is in the tags, we are all cool.

Not that my opinion matters much, but I thought I should post it anyway.
Ascendance

Bakari wrote:

To be fair, I'd support Monstrata in this case. PIKOTARO might be the composer, but the actual performers are Elmo and Cookie Monster. As long as PIKOTARO is in the tags, we are all cool.

Not that my opinion matters much, but I thought I should post it anyway.
I care about you, Bakari :)
Arrival
I care about you too, Bakari
IamKwaN
alacat found out Elmo and Cookie Monster being in the video description, so i guess metadata issue of this map is settled
napie09
1st: holy shit what a shit show
2nd: defenitly one of your worst maps, it is pretty boring to play. I get the feeling this was just mapped for the pp (not that I would complain tho)
Shii
:cry:

napie09 wrote:

1st: holy shit what a shit show
2nd: defenitly one of your worst maps, it is pretty boring to play. I get the feeling this was just mapped for the pp (not that I would complain tho)
Nah, it was mapped for the dead meme. Just like there are many remakes of PPAP out there, there are many gd's in this spread - like, you only need 4/5 in a spread, not bloody 19 :/
Kyouren
Actually, that should be CCBC (Cookie-Butter-Choco-Cookie) like in youtube title of Sesame Street Japan channel?
Topic Starter
Monstrata
No
Naren
Why did you do this :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

pd: Thank mr Monstrata
Arrival
:shock: :shock:
Swerro
Hey,

please prevent this map from getting into the ranked section.
top diff jump spacing is out of the ordinary. this is the most simple song and on only 136 bpm
why the fuck do I see so many braindead cross-screen jumps in this map
what actually went through your head when you were placing those notes.
I get it that you might want that sweet pp-->popularity, but this goes far beyond the borders
some songs aren't meant to be 4.5+*, they simply can't.
disqualify this piece of trash and try to get actual quality maps that make sense ranked instead of filth.
DDMythical

Swerro wrote:

Hey,

top diff jump spacing is out of the ordinary. this is the most simple song and on only 136 bpm
I get it that you might want that sweet pp-->popularity, but this goes far beyond the borders
disqualify this piece of trash and try to get actual quality maps that make sense ranked instead of filth.
Hey,

delet this.
mindmaster107

Swerro wrote:

Hey,

Quality never mattered, especially since the QAT got nerfed.

Ranking criteria just says it needs to match the song, and be playable. If you meet these very low standards, you get ranked.
Monstrata is stretching the boundaries of what the players perceive as the "ranking criteria", and not actually being unrankable.

But monstrata why u haf 2 do this. Make gud maps pls.
AltMirrorBell
no
RockStyle
Cookie-Triangle-Spicy_Cookie

00:27:381 (6,6) - maybe make these 2 into a new combo so it sticks a bit more out that the new sound hits them
00:18:116 (5) - make this into the next combo so it fits to the music and not the vocals
allein
PLEASE STOP THERE'S A COUPLE HOURS DAY COUPLE HOURS BEFORE RANKED I WANT TO GET MY PP ALREADY

edit:done
Topic Starter
Monstrata
nty gls
cyprianz5
cute
ctrl
This map is proof quality doesn't matter. rank the empress please. and snow drive.
napie09
yeah right and while you are at it rank my shitmaps too please and while you are at it why not rank centipede and all those other maps too
-Makishima S-
Time to pick random death metal song, make it 100% 280 bpm deathstream map and rank.
It just need to fit the song, that is all I guess.
lth
>meets ranking criteria with map
>gets ranked
>bitch about the map instead of ranking criteria

lol okay :lol:
ctrl
> snow drive meets ranking criteria
jas

that play count :0
Solitaire
ffs monstrata

"oh hey
lemme rank a sesame street song"

ngl i love you for this
SilverCatalyst
everyone, i'd like to introduce to you: the haitai of 2017
except this time it sucks
Softwarm
...Why?
Serraionga
don't you understand guys

triangle memes are top-notch

pp mapping is good

stop killing mapper spirit
worst fl player

Serraionga wrote:

don't you understand guys

triangle memes are top-notch

pp mapping is good

stop killing mapper spirit
SUPER HYPER AYA
Is there a way to report a map, like getting it unranked ?
Nowaie

Ayato_k wrote:

Yes and you are IN LUCK since with your brave action as the regular urban osu! player who hates anything excessively related to farming we can unrank the maps that basically ruin the game. This process is literally easier than breathing, and yes you heard it right! Any recent ranked map can be unranked by finding an UNRANKABLE ISSUE SOMEWHERE IN THE MAPSET, GUARENTEED! You may be asking now "but random faggot on the boards, what are these unrankable issues? I want to get into this unranking business as soon as possible!" and i will say that NO WORRIES! You can find the ranking criteria with all of the unrankable issues listed so even anyone who does not do research could find them. Though it is two-parted By reading this Shitpost co. does not have to cover any medical expenses from such realizations and it can be found from HERE and it's continued HERE and if you feel brave today you might want to check THIS aswell. To file the initial report you need to contact the BIG AND SCARY HIGHER-UPS such as Lord_Farquaad himself or Peppy "Dean Herbert" Pepper. Other people include the god itself (not cookiezi), the other god (it's cookiezi this time), the special forces from the MP planet, and the famous QAT forces from which you should contact the two most active members hi-mei and eon fox. They all can be easily reached by sending a detailed e-mail to NotAnActualAdress@ppy.sh. Then comes the hard part, you need to decide what is unrankable in the mapset. Well even that is made as easy as possible with the power of technology so all maps from snapping issues to 3/16 rhythm can be unranked. How about you, why do you think THIS map should be unranked?

Did i hear Jumps? Gives a lot of pp?

Umm i can't really find that jumps would be forbidden nor that the map gives pp... heck i thought ranked maps are supposed to give pp

Well... i guess you have to live your life with just a bit more butter and choco cookies
Caput Mortuum
nic
SUPER HYPER AYA
I actually laughed so hard.
Thanks mate.
I wasn't thinking of doing it, but i was wondering if it was possible.
So yeah, thaks o/

DTM9 Nowa wrote:

Ayato_k wrote:

Yes and you are IN LUCK since with your brave action as the regular urban osu! player who hates anything excessively related to farming we can unrank the maps that basically ruin the game. This process is literally easier than breathing, and yes you heard it right! Any recent ranked map can be unranked by finding an UNRANKABLE ISSUE SOMEWHERE IN THE MAPSET, GUARENTEED! You may be asking now "but random faggot on the boards, what are these unrankable issues? I want to get into this unranking business as soon as possible!" and i will say that NO WORRIES! You can find the ranking criteria with all of the unrankable issues listed so even anyone who does not do research could find them. Though it is two-parted By reading this Shitpost co. does not have to cover any medical expenses from such realizations and it can be found from HERE and it's continued HERE and if you feel brave today you might want to check THIS aswell. To file the initial report you need to contact the BIG AND SCARY HIGHER-UPS such as Lord_Farquaad himself or Peppy "Dean Herbert" Pepper. Other people include the god itself (not cookiezi), the other god (it's cookiezi this time), the special forces from the MP planet, and the famous QAT forces from which you should contact the two most active members hi-mei and eon fox. They all can be easily reached by sending a detailed e-mail to NotAnActualAdress@ppy.sh. Then comes the hard part, you need to decide what is unrankable in the mapset. Well even that is made as easy as possible with the power of technology so all maps from snapping issues to 3/16 rhythm can be unranked. How about you, why do you think THIS map should be unranked?

Umm i can't really find that jumps would be forbidden nor that the map gives pp... heck i thought ranked maps are supposed to give pp

Well... i guess you have to live your life with just a bit more butter and choco cookies
Naren
NO MORE MEMES
chubbagubba
nico nico nii~
lth

DTM9 Nowa wrote:

Ayato_k wrote:

Holy shit I'm in tears thank you for making this
pessoa
i think the only thing that puzzles me about this map is the fact that it is very heavily weighted, even without DT. honestly, this map got me out of my bad slump and now i can do jumps again. it gave me 2000 some rank on a 4.2 star diff. i swear