osu! Fantasy VII v1.27

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Xiao_old
machol30
Another best skin ever! :)
YoshiKart
Ew. This thing isn't as good as your paint skin.

So, keep it up.

=P JK, great job on this one.
xerxes_oli
its better then i spected !!!!!!!!!!!!

LuigiHann
In a nutshell:

*I really love how smooth and clean this is. It looks great.

*I'm a bit put off by the juxtaposition of high-res art and retro pixel stuff, but I don't have the nostalgia for FF7 that some do so maybe that's why. The chocobo sliderball in particular looks very out of place to me.

*The mod icon text is very hard to read.
Topic Starter
Xiao_old
You mean all the mod buttons in general, or just selection-mods button?

I'm also planning on changing the hit50 etc. completely - they look gaudy IMHO.
xerxes_oli
actually i love the chocobo and the pixelated goodness but heres some of my suggestions
*is it possible to make the chocobo run correctly instead of backwards and upside down
*in the slider beats, can it be something more final fantalsy-sh than AP?
*can the beat circles be something else besides the materia?(maybe make the materia the slider beats)
*the ranks do look like balloons ( i barely notice that lolz)
but nonetheless its a great skin!!
:)
YoshiKart

xerxes_oli wrote:

actually i love the chocobo and the pixelated goodness but heres some of my suggestions
*is it possible to make the chocobo run correctly instead of backwards and upside down
*in the slider beats, can it be something more final fantalsy-sh than AP?
*can the beat circles be something else besides the materia?(maybe make the materia the slider beats)
*the ranks do look like balloons ( i barely notice that lolz)
but nonetheless its a great skin!!
:)

Backwards is a bug by osu!. It's already set to flip horizontally when it reaches a reverse arrow. Upside down is inevitable.

I just tried your skin now. Chocobo looks fantastic (the thing that stands out for me), and the all the graphics are smooth. I feel like I'm playing the EBO skin. =P
Great job. When did you start this project? Almost two weeks ago?
awp
To be perfectly honest, I think it'd look better without the x font. AP Gained: 123x doesn't feel appropriate to me. The chocobo going upside down is fine imo, but you'd almost have to get a model viewer to extract a top-down view of chocobo racing to really get the right feel. The pixel chocobo does stand out a bit.

wtf firefox chocobo is not a spelling error
Topic Starter
Xiao_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
awp

Xiaounlimited wrote:

(snowboard mini-game)
Roller Coaster Minigame too >=|
xerxes_oli
oh ok im sorry the balloons just threw me off
Topic Starter
Xiao_old
Snowboard > roller coaster game
awp

Xiaounlimited wrote:

Snowboard > roller coaster game
Yeah the roller coaster game was ehhhhhhhhh

Snowboard game was a bit too fast paced to predict things and plan shit
peppy
I hate to be picky but the japanese is "incorrect"

ファンタジー is the kana conversion of fantasy, not ファンタシー
Topic Starter
Xiao_old
Thanks for the heads up, peppy. I didn't notice those two strokes (I can't read Japanese, I just mimicked the logo as best as I could :P). I'll fix that up along with other revisions upon next version.
fdtoonsman
Sweetawesomecool skin! It's now being used by me.
Topic Starter
Xiao_old
osu! Fantasy VII v1.13, August 19, 2008
- Changed all hit explosions; they are now cleaner a la Xi-Style, and hopefully less distracting.
- Made a minor fix to playfield.jpg - the kana previously read "fantashi", but accurately it is "fantaji". It has been corrected (thanks peppy).
- Followpoint has been changed to a desaturated cut of star2.png.
- Replaced score-x with a transparent 1x1 image. It was out of place with the theme, especially with the results screen (thanks awp).

Grab it here: http://up.ppy.sh/files/osufantasyviiv1.13.zip
xerxes_oli
thx Xi the is really great keep the awpsome skins coming!
Topic Starter
Xiao_old
osu! Fantasy VII v1.21, August 29, 2008
- Added button-left, button-middle and button-right.png.
- Added sliderpoint-10 and sliderpoint-30.png.
- Added buttons for flashlight mod and autoplay.
- Added pretty badass Cloud comboburst.png.

Grab it here: http://up.ppy.sh/files/osufantasyviiv1.21.zip
Shirotora_old
Don't forget editing your sig.
Topic Starter
Xiao_old
osu! Fantasy VII v1.27, September 1, 2008
- Sliderpoint10 and 30 renamed; there was a hyphen in there that shouldn't have been.
- Enlarged sliderpoint10 and 30.
- Added selection-selectoptions and selection-selectoptions-over.

Grab it here:[/b] http://up.ppy.sh/files/osufantasyviiv1.27.rar
peppy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Xiao_old
I'm content with it as it is and I don't really have anything I plan to fix in the near future, so I would say yes.
bhc_old
Hyperworm
I have a couple picky issues with the font, which I'm going to mention even if they don't get corrected:

1. I think the "1" used for default-1.png (hitcircles) is an "I", it's different from the "1" used everywhere else in the skin which seems to be in the same font. A bit weird

2. Unless I'm very much mistaken, playfield says ファンタジ一 (fantaji ichi) instead of ファンタジー (fantajii). It |ooks as weird as using a vertica| bar instead of an L >_>

Otherwise great :)
awp

Hyperworm wrote:

playfield says ファンタジ一 (fantaji ichi) instead of ファンタジー (fantajii).
Am I the only one who sees absolutely no difference in the two kana terms above?
Slain087

awp wrote:

Hyperworm wrote:

playfield says ファンタジ一 (fantaji ichi) instead of ファンタジー (fantajii).
Am I the only one who sees absolutely no difference in the two kana terms above?
The last stroke is a bit different, but many kanji look the same anyway.
anonymous_old
i really like this one, However XiStyle is better.
DeeNinjaa
Yes. Friggen yes. It's beautiful. ;-;
Behon

DeeNinjaa wrote:

Yes. Friggen yes. It's beautiful. ;-;
Why do we always get people who pointlessly bump skin topics just to say "THIS IS SO GOOD"? And why do so many of them have anime avatars?
show more