forum

How do people drag?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Asop
Whenever I try to drag my pen on my CTL-480, the nib scratches and gets caught a little bit and then skids across faster for a second and then repeats. It isn't smooth at all. Am I supposed to remove the nib or something?

Thanks for answers.
[Haku]
Don't drag then '-'
Topic Starter
Asop

[Haku] wrote:

Don't drag then '-'
I don't. I want to try it and it shouldn't be doing that.
[Haku]
I don't know why your tablet react this way I don't have this problem when I try with me ctl 471 (neither with my huion 420).But if you're fine with hover it's not really a problem.
winber1
the tablet surface should be smooth to begin with. either your tablet/nib is extremely dirty and getting caught on something or your nib is really sharp and actually somehow digging into the tablet surface (i guess your tablet surface could also just be really weak for some reason). but all of those cases should be true. in general, when you drag you aren't pressing down like your trying to write a 45 page essay in a 1 hour test period. i mean some people probably do that, but i assume most people more or less just let it rest on the surface. had my tablet for years and it's smooth as ever, but the clicks are a little glitchy now.
Topic Starter
Asop

winber1 wrote:

the tablet surface should be smooth to begin with. either your tablet/nib is extremely dirty and getting caught on something or your nib is really sharp and actually somehow digging into the tablet surface (i guess your tablet surface could also just be really weak for some reason). but all of those cases should be true. in general, when you drag you aren't pressing down like your trying to write a 45 page essay in a 1 hour test period. i mean some people probably do that, but i assume most people more or less just let it rest on the surface. had my tablet for years and it's smooth as ever, but the clicks are a little glitchy now.
My tablet nib is a bit worn down and sharp now. When you drag, do you try and keep the pen oriented a certain way? Because the pen nip is angled and not flat?
winber1

_Asop wrote:

winber1 wrote:

My tablet nib is a bit worn down and sharp now. When you drag, do you try and keep the pen oriented a certain way? Because the pen nip is angled and not flat?
not really, usually the flat/eroded part of the nib is touching the tablet, but using the sharp end doesn't really affect my tablet either.
Did
Its your tablet telling you to hover.