show more
_handholding
By involved I meant

1) mapped a GD
2) made an SB
3) were part of a collab
Wafu

Igor Sprite wrote:

as kisses said tags is for help search and if you write lopkyy, you will find 5 maps that lopkyy helped me and writing igor sprite you will find many others without lopkyy in tags
As I said "Giving you a general advice (essentially a mod) doesn't mean what Kisses said". It's hard to believe that they made something of the 3 things Kisses mentioned, there's no evidence on that.

@Kisses: Also would probably consider full complex hitsounds to be kinda tag-worthy, but yeah, nothing else probably belongs here, the rest is just regular modding.
Topic Starter
igorsprite

Kisses wrote:

3) were part of a collab
i don't know if is required put collab when a mapper that helped you making a diff does not want
if yes, please show me and i will remove lopkyy from tags
Wafu

Igor Sprite wrote:

i don't know if is required put collab when a mapper that helped you making a diff does not want

Ranking Criteria wrote:

The information of multiple mapset contributors must be provided in the mapset, if there is any guest mapper. This might be in the creator's words, via a storyboard or via naming the guest difficulties appropriately. You only need to provide information of guest mapper and corresponding guest part. Guest mappers must be added to the tags of a mapset. This helps others to know if the map uploader is the main contributor of the mapset and who else contributed to the given mapset.
If guest mapper (collab mappers are also guests) doesn't give a consent to put their name in tags, then agreeing with making the collab from their side would make no sense, if RC clearly says they must be credited.

Also, gave the map a quick glance. Looks relatively okay, could use some improvement, but the only thing I really want to mention is 01:35:950 (308) - in Muzukashii not having a finish here. It's inconsistent with the exact same part, and with other difficulties.

Additionally, the background image doesn't seem related to the song or band in any way. The standards are changing, you can't just copy everything from the older map and hope it's correct. It would be nice if you would find some Silent Siren related image instead. The mp3 could be better too, I don't understand why to go for the lowest quality allowed (if you want help with that without having to change the offset, PM me on forums)
Topic Starter
igorsprite

Wafu wrote:

Igor Sprite wrote:

Ranking Criteria wrote:

The information of multiple mapset contributors must be provided in the mapset, if there is any guest mapper. This might be in the creator's words, via a storyboard or via naming the guest difficulties appropriately. You only need to provide information of guest mapper and corresponding guest part. Guest mappers must be added to the tags of a mapset. This helps others to know if the map uploader is the main contributor of the mapset and who else contributed to the given mapset.
i will give his correct credit just wait
Also, gave the map a quick glance. Looks relatively okay, could use some improvement, but the only thing I really want to mention is 01:35:950 (308) - in Muzukashii not having a finish here. It's inconsistent with the exact same part, and with other difficulties. fixed

Additionally, the background image doesn't seem related to the song or band in any way. The standards are changing, you can't just copy everything from the older map and hope it's correct. It would be nice if you would find some Silent Siren related image instead. The mp3 could be better too, I don't understand why to go for the lowest quality allowed (if you want help with that without having to change the offset, PM me on forums let's map a eletronic song, ANIME GIRL.jpg. see this map she ins't waking up D: .oh another "nonsense" BG
davidminh0111

Wafu wrote:

Additionally, the background image doesn't seem related to the song or band in any way. The standards are changing, you can't just copy everything from the older map and hope it's correct. It would be nice if you would find some Silent Siren related image instead. The mp3 could be better too, I don't understand why to go for the lowest quality allowed (if you want help with that without having to change the offset, PM me on forums)
@Wafu I think the BG has taken from https://osu.ppy.sh/s/122444 and I think it's good to go, no need to fix anything else

Bubbled~

LOL
Wafu

Igor Sprite wrote:

let's map a eletronic song, ANIME GIRL.jpg. see this map she ins't waking up D: .oh another "nonsense" BG
You've just proven how insensible that is. Other maps that passed qualified section don't allow you to do something. They just didn't check it or their threshold is pretty low. The second map is even a year old. Please, address the issue properly instead of using older maps as an argument.
Surono
wow its time to stop put memes in the serious thing such ranking map, its for offical content for this game right ? lol

1 thing for oni, 01:42:661 - change this sv to 0.90x to avoid 01:42:266 - this note 01:42:661 - blocked in the right screen, yeah just to make it neat the slowdown of sv alteration. yeah just minor

I dont find something wrong with BG, it fits well with the atmosphere of the song and yeah the song just tell about love and https://puu.sh/yO8Bz/409b90208a.png from the mapper told me, well
Topic Starter
igorsprite

Surono wrote:

wow its time to stop put memes in the serious thing such ranking map, its for offical content for this game right ? lol

1 thing for oni, 01:42:661 - change this sv to 0.90x to avoid 01:42:266 - this note 01:42:661 - blocked in the right screen, yeah just to make it neat the slowdown of sv alteration. yeah just minor

I dont find something wrong with BG, it fits well with the atmosphere of the song and yeah the song just tell about love and https://puu.sh/yO8Bz/409b90208a.png from the mapper told me, well
fixed
Xinnoh
bg is fine, tags are not
davidminh0111

Sinnoh wrote:

bg is fine, tags are not
But it looks fine now. If not, can you raise the concern that you tell Igor?
Surono
Rebubbled

Sinnoh wrote:

bg is fine, tags are not
idk but up to you guys
<Surono> " lopkyy " do you really want it on tags?
<Igor_Sprite> yes
<Igor_Sprite> it's very very important to me
<Surono> did he mapped at least 50% of your map?
<Surono> or just some?
<Surono> if yes, change muzukashii as collab muzukashii and you can keep that name on tags
<Surono> if no, yeah just delete.. or those people will, yeah in the description is enough. on tags zz idk
<Igor_Sprite> yes, he helped me since the begin of my ranking process
<Surono> hmm
<Surono> just muzukashii right?
<Igor_Sprite> but it's right with ranking criteria
<Igor_Sprite> muzukashii and oni
<Surono> "collab" on diffnaming or just standard diffnaming doesnt matter if you already put statment in the descreption.
<Igor_Sprite> but i already fixed according the ranking criteria
<Surono> nice
<Igor_Sprite> mapper name in tags and informations in descripition
Wafu
Elaborate how the background is fine, using "atmosphere" as "it fits" doesn't seem very competent. Even just by looking at the music video doesn't show any similarity or relevance. Girls singing a song does not make a background fit because there's a girl. I don't see how even the lyrics of the song show any relevance. This is just straight up taken from the previous map without further thought. I don't see how it can be a problem to replace a background to something relevant. I really hope this is not your threshold, because it's too low.
Nao Tomori
Oh please, this is moronic. Will you go and pop every random map with an anime background? A background is nothing more than something to identify the map by and something the mapper thinks fits. Yes obvious this guy is rather lazy, not even bothering to write his own tags. Regardless, popping the map because he uses a background you don't find suitable is ludicrous.
Topic Starter
igorsprite
wtf is happening with my map? ;-;
Wafu

Naotoshi wrote:

Oh please, this is moronic. Will you go and pop every random map with an anime background? A background is nothing more than something to identify the map by and something the mapper thinks fits. Yes obvious this guy is rather lazy, not even bothering to write his own tags. Regardless, popping the map because he uses a background you don't find suitable is ludicrous.
If it is moronic to pop a map over an issue that I brought up and is fully sensible, given all the arguments I've given (hence it's not just me thinking it doesn't fit, I'm explaining why it doesn't), then how is it not moronic to just say "it's fine" and bubble it without addressing it? No matter whether it fits or not, the issue was not addressed and it shouldn't have been rebubbled. Everything in the set contributes to mapset's quality, if I think it's not good enough because of any single part, I'm free to pop it.
davidminh0111

Igor Sprite wrote:

wtf is happening with my map? ;-;
I think I have started this ;w;
Nao Tomori
Fundamentally the issue you are popping over (mp3 quality aside), is that you believe the background is not related enough to the song. To which the simple response is, this isn't some album cover or something that is integral to representing the song perfectly, the background does not need to match perfectly in your standards. You can't just say "this is a bad bg, choose another one" when it is one that the mapper clearly found suitable enough for the map. Drawing arbitrary lines in the sand of how related a background is to the song is pedantic and useless, it misses entirely the point of allowing people to choose their own backgrounds for a map and not being forced to use some album cover or whatever. Next we will say "oh you have to use selfies taken by the artist to properly represent their group" and so on. Using "unrelated" background for a map is perfectly alright as long as it is not inappropriate for this game.
Surono
I dont know but let other people giving more opinions about this and to determine it. as I thought, so it should be using artist, the album cover, or screenshot of the video clip from this song as bg? whats happening really
Ataraxia
Vo aproveita pra da um tiro de estrela ae vlww

ow igor se vc precisar de ajuda com BG etc eu posso conseguir achar uma bom base na letra da musica etc qlqr coisa tamo na luta

--

Wafu wrote:

Elaborate how the background is fine, using "atmosphere" as "it fits" doesn't seem very competent.
So, say why don't competent, i see all the text but i just found some vague assumptions and random words, u are sayng that are a problem here, but u don't ever show any example of how mapper can fix that, u just pop and "go find other"

If you see the lyrics, how BG u think that fits with the song, any example ?, if u just wanted to "say", u just pop because u want, not because there's a real problem in BG
Surono
as long as the content is for all ages even its related or not, theres no problem about it. unrelated bg is fine if its decent, but if its something like nonsense thats the problem.
Net0
Using something relevant for BG discussion. Wafu in all honesty the only guidelines and rules we have about the background content in terms of rankability is about NSFW. If you think that from now on we should have a serious discussion about what content should be used for backgrounds I think that's a good idea, but not here with this map, without any rules that currently back you up here is just non-sense and arbitrary, since we all know that background unrelated content to the song is just something that's been done always in this game.

People use anime themed backgrounds for eletronic songs that are western, sometimes people just use random paitings or landscape images for pop/punk rock songs, etc. I can see what you're aiming for with this discussion, but you're doing it in the wrong place. I'm sure that since you're a BN you can suggest things to be changed according to guidelines and rules, so please, do that there for future use. I repeat, right now, is entirelly a pure subjective perspective of yours that this bg choice is worst compared to any other possible anime girl background that could be picked and ranked by any other person. You said the map he gave was one 1 year old and it was not a good line of argument. How about a map from a QAT that was ranked on 23/12/17? Do you also showed up to question why he used a landscape for a eletronic song?
_handholding
You know it's a bit controversial to say the least to go around and bubble a map when a BN has a problem with the tags for an objective reason. In a way I feel like supporting the veto as well. I think adding unnecessary tags to maps such as "rsi" or that "aaaa eee iii Oo" thing monstrata added to his brain power map, but I guess people don't care that much in the end in those cases. But this includes another mapper and would further break what people would deem is acceptable down the line( "it was done in this map so why can't I do it in mine?" Kind of thing).

Honestly before bubbleing this set without loppky being removed I suggest you having a QAT come in and give you the go ahead first
Wafu

Surono wrote:

I dont know but let other people giving more opinions about this and to determine it. as I thought, so it should be using artist, the album cover, or screenshot of the video clip from this song as bg? whats happening really
I would say, something with at least a bit of relevance. I'm not at all saying it can't be "an anime girl". It can be any wallpaper of the band, or just a nice photo of them, but it can also be a completely random anime/vn/whatever art that is irrelevant, but has a relevant theme at least (to the title or lyrics).

Ataraxia wrote:

So, say why don't competent, i see all the text but i just found some vague assumptions and random words, u are sayng that are a problem here, but u don't ever show any example of how mapper can fix that, u just pop and "go find other"

If you see the lyrics, how BG u think that fits with the song, any example ?, if u just wanted to "say", u just pop because u want, not because there's a real problem in BG
Saying that a background is not relevant to the song or the band nor the theme is not "random words and vague assumptions". It's objectively true. Surono's view is rather subjective because "atmosphere" of a song is different for everyone. Artist, lyrics and song is same for everyone, that's why I'm talking about these subjects when explaining the issue. I think that it's not my obligation to list the mapper all the possible backgrounds. If they asked, I'd be willing to help them search for some, but they may have a different taste for the concrete backgrounds. I'm not popping it only because the background is irrelevant, but also because discussion about it was skipped.

@Net0: Ranking criteria is the first, but not the only requirement that a map has to pass to be rankable. What was ranked is not my problem, I was not called to check it and it's not my job to do so. You should never follow ranked maps to justify errors in qualified or pending maps.

Only text bellow is really important

From now on, I would like if this discussion could continue by addressing only the issues brought up. My concern again is:
  1. Background is not relevant to the band
  2. Background is not relevant to the song
  3. Background is not relevant to the lyrics or the theme of the song
Suggested solutions (sorted by priority):
  1. (1) Use a background directly related to the song
  2. (2) If none good exists, use a background that is related to the band
  3. (3) If none good exists, use an image from random source that is thematically relevant
  4. (4) Last resort, if none of above exist, choose a completely random background because that means any relevance can't be satisfied (usually will apply only to non-thematic instrumentals)
1# Examples: None seem to be very good, skipping
2# Examples: Example 1 Example 2 Example 3

If you don't like them then search for more, if that doesn't work, go for #3 and search for something let's say about love, a couple or whatever if you considered only the title. For 4#, I don't think you should get here with the amount of available images.

We should also get more input on the tags too, I think it was bubbled mid-discussion (not blaming Surono).
Ideal
there have been countless cases of unrelated bgs going through and nobody has ever had a problem with it, why create a big deal about it now and let everything else slide by just fine? lol

in this case lets dq every single electronic map that uses an anime girl bg as net0 said because they're unrelated to the song and doesn't fit the song's atmosphere! this whole deal is just ridiculous.

i do kinda agree with the tag thing though, imo tags should be only used when a mapper directly helped on the mapset by making gds and such.
Net0
"You should never follow ranked maps to justify errors in qualified or pending maps." Errors should be justified by rules. Errors cannot be justified by an uneven treatmeant of mapsets. I'm talking about isonomy. If there's no such rule about BG content (beyond of what I said), therefore, many people used and still use the background image as they want, there's ZERO legitimacy for you or anyone else to treat this mapset any different. Again, all this rules you're stablishing doesn't fit here, they fit on the BNG/QAT discussion on changes of the ranking criteria.
_handholding
ok to add a bit more on the subject of the tags I will add this

Surono wrote:

Rebubbled

Sinnoh wrote:

bg is fine, tags are not
idk but up to you guys
<Surono> " lopkyy " do you really want it on tags?
<Igor_Sprite> yes
<Igor_Sprite> it's very very important to me
<Surono> did he mapped at least 50% of your map?
<Surono> or just some?
<Surono> if yes, change muzukashii as collab muzukashii and you can keep that name on tags
<Surono> if no, yeah just delete.. or those people will, yeah in the description is enough. on tags zz idk
<Igor_Sprite> yes, he helped me since the begin of my ranking process
<Surono> hmm
<Surono> just muzukashii right?
<Igor_Sprite> but it's right with ranking criteria
<Igor_Sprite> muzukashii and oni
<Surono> "collab" on diffnaming or just standard diffnaming doesnt matter if you already put statment in the descreption.
<Igor_Sprite> but i already fixed according the ranking criteria
<Surono> nice
<Igor_Sprite> mapper name in tags and informations in descripition
You cannot use "yes, he helped me since the begin of my ranking process" as a means of justification. Just saying they helped you isn't enough, this basis would allow people to add so many unrelated mappers to their own sets. If they were involved with making so many changes then set sooo much that you deem it as a collab and/or GD then you must follow the other rules that apply, ie adding "Muzu by Loppky/Muzu collab with Loppky" or add "collab muzu" etc. You can't break this formality or it would aid in people trying to break other things as well

Net0 wrote:

"You should never follow ranked maps to justify errors in qualified or pending maps." Errors should be justified by rules. Errors cannot be justified by an uneven treatmeant of mapsets.
Can you just stop. PLEASE!
Nardoxyribonucleic
Well, it is time to step in as the discussion is going nowhere as it seems.

About the current BG choice, I think it somewhat fits the song. Relevance of BGs is in fact a relative concept. As we all know in the common practice, certain degree of freedom is allowed in choosing background images for a map to show some connections with the song, be it the lyrics, theme or overall atmosphere. Unless it goes completely unrelated to the song (in this case, say an image of a skull for example), limiting BG choices for songs that are sung by a band with reality images is just too strict and out of the scope of current mapping context.

In this case, we should go back to address the cause of disqualification i.e. removal of irrelevant tags and fixing metadata issue. If Lopkyy is just a modder that helped the mapset, it would be better not to include their name in tags.
Topic Starter
igorsprite

Nardoxyribonucleic wrote:

In this case, we should go back to address the cause of disqualification i.e. removal of irrelevant tags and fixing metadata issue. If Lopkyy is just a modder that helped the mapset, it would be better not to include their name in tags.
already fixed the metadata and i will keep the lopkyy because he helped me to map some diffs
Net0

Kisses wrote:

Net0 wrote:

"You should never follow ranked maps to justify errors in qualified or pending maps." Errors should be justified by rules. Errors cannot be justified by an uneven treatmeant of mapsets.
Can you just stop. PLEASE!
Stop with what? Are you out of your mind? I'm seriouslly discussing an issue brought up on the background. I'm not memeing or insulting anyone like a certain person does in all my map threads.

About tags I also agree with Nardo. "You only need to provide information of guest mapper and corresponding guest part." that's why people who make hitsounds on mapsets are not supposed to go on tags, since that is reserved for people who actually take part on mapping something of their own.
Topic Starter
igorsprite
now this can end?
Irreversible

Wafu wrote:

Only text bellow is really important

From now on, I would like if this discussion could continue by addressing only the issues brought up. My concern again is:
  1. Background is not relevant to the band Agree.
  2. Background is not relevant to the song Disagree. Even though you've said "using "atmosphere" as "it fits" doesn't seem very competent", I couldn't agree less. I think this is a very important aspect of choosing a background, no matter what - because the song is the main actor in a map.
  3. Background is not relevant to the lyrics or the theme of the song Can't judge at this point.
Wafu, I believe that you got a bit too heated up into believing that this background is not suitable because of whatever reason. Vetoing it with such a drive against it doesn't seem very logical at this point, even less because the background does fit to the song's mood and atmosphere.

EDIT: didn't see nardo posted smth, but yeah my verdict would be as well that it fits the map and it can proceed further.
Wafu

Nardoxyribonucleic wrote:

Well, it is time to step in as the discussion is going nowhere as it seems.

About the current BG choice, I think it somewhat fits the song. Relevance of BGs is in fact a relative concept. As we all know in the common practice, certain degree of freedom is allowed in choosing background images for a map to show some connections with the song, be it the lyrics, theme or overall atmosphere. Unless it goes completely unrelated to the song (in this case, say an image of a skull for example), limiting BG choices for songs that are sung by a band with reality images is just too strict and out of the scope of current mapping context.

The "atmosphere" reasoning is imo way too subjective, because that kind of goes against the "image of a skull" example (and yes, kissing a skull would still be more relevant than this, even though the song is probably rather happy). Because if the song gives someone a bit darker feeling than to others, that means it would be suitable. I was talking about relevance that you cannot doubt about and can describe (or that a mapper could also explain other than by saying they feel it).

I suggested this and I think that it still gives A LOT of freedom.
  1. (1) Use a background directly related to the song You can choose any frame of the clip, you can use any image featuring the song
  2. (2) If none good exists, use a background that is related to the band You can use any image relevant to the band
  3. (3) If none good exists, use an image from random source that is thematically relevant You can use any image that has one (yes, even just one) major feature in common
So I don't think I'm requiring that much. And I'm not even talking about the fact that the background's resolution is pretty low (and at that, it looks pretty distorted, so the replacement would make sense regardless of the relevance, here, you can directly connect it with the beatmap's quality regardless of agreeing with the relevance stuff or not, so if it would be changed, why not to something relevant?)

Anyway, that's all I'm willing to say about the background. But @Igor Sprite could say a word to it too, I don't feel like I deserve being ignored completely on this one by the mapper themselves.

Regarding the lopkyy in tags, I don't want to underestimate anyone, but I highly doubt that someone with no mods, no maps and 12 minutes played on taiko could help any further than with metadata. This seems more like just tagging your friend.

@Irreversible, the veto was not only because of the background. The discussion about tags was not finished and my suggestion about the background was entirely ignored. It must had been addressed by the mapper in order to be eligible for a bubble in the first place. I admit I should've stated all the reasons for a veto, I thought it was pretty obvious that the discussion was still happening. My apologies.
Topic Starter
igorsprite

Wafu wrote:

Anyway, that's all I'm willing to say about the background. But @Igor Sprite could say a word to it too, I don't feel like I deserve being ignored completely on this one by the mapper themselves.
it's my first map to rank i don't know nothing D:
Lumenite-

Wafu wrote:

@Irreversible, the veto was not only because of the background. The discussion about tags was not finished and my suggestion about the background was entirely ignored. It must had been addressed by the mapper in order to be eligible for a bubble in the first place. I admit I should've stated all the reasons for a veto, I thought it was pretty obvious that the discussion was still happening. My apologies.
well, you didn't make that clear at all in the veto post, if you had i'm 90% sure none of this would've happened... poor igor
Okoratu
Dude wafu wtf - the amount of braincells we waste arguing about this.

something fitting the song's mood is so relative and majority seems to be against making a huge deal about this, i'm more concerned about Surono trying to end any discussion by just nominating the goddamn map right in the middle of it.

Case in point: For most people seems suitable enough, especially since it is original artwork without relation to anything else so here have the bg in a not shit-resolution (yay):

https://puu.sh/yOjzt/e7a6240d6e.jpg
Nifty
I don't know about the title/artist, but it sounds to me like igor needs to just remove lopkyy from the tags or add him to the diff names.

In the description it says "but didn't changed these name diffs as your request" which is the downfall of language barriers, and I would like igor to try to rephrase this to make some sort of sense.

The way I read it, it sounds like someone told you to not put lopkyy's name in the difficulties he helped map, which is just incorrect, but I didn't find one person in this thread who's told you that. This leads me to assume that lopkyy themselves told you to not put their name on the diffs (perhaps to not take credit or whatever), and that's also wrong and kind of breaking the rules, since you have to put whoever is involved with mapping the diff in the name.
Topic Starter
igorsprite

Okoratu wrote:

Dude wafu wtf - the amount of braincells we waste arguing about this.

something fitting the song's mood is so relative and majority seems to be against making a huge deal about this, i'm more concerned about Surono trying to end any discussion by just nominating the goddamn map right in the middle of it.

Case in point: For most people seems suitable enough, especially since it is original artwork without relation to anything else so here have the bg in a not shit-resolution (yay):

https://puu.sh/yOjzt/e7a6240d6e.jpg
thanks, already fixed

Nifty wrote:

I don't know about the title/artist, but it sounds to me like igor needs to just remove lopkyy from the tags or add him to the diff names.

In the description it says "but didn't changed these name diffs as your request" which is the downfall of language barriers, and I would like igor to try to rephrase this to make some sort of sense.

The way I read it, it sounds like someone told you to not put lopkyy's name in the difficulties he helped map, which is just incorrect, but I didn't find one person in this thread who's told you that. This leads me to assume that lopkyy themselves told you to not put their name on the diffs (perhaps to not take credit or whatever), and that's also wrong and kind of breaking the rules, since you have to put whoever is involved with mapping the diff in the name.

Ranking Criteria wrote:

"The information of multiple mapset contributors must be provided in the mapset" "This might be in the creator's words, via a storyboard or via naming the guest difficulties appropriately." "Guest mappers must be added to the tags of a mapset." so... ?
_handholding
Well your words turned from him helping you with some patterns to flat out collabing with you lol
Topic Starter
igorsprite

Kisses wrote:

Well your words turned from him helping you with some patterns to flat out collabing with you lol
sorry net0 ins't here now say "he put notes in editor and sent me a file with .osu format" have relation with "he did a GD diff for me" no?
show more