forum

Silent Siren - LOVE no Shirushi [Taiko]

posted
Total Posts
show more
davidminh0111
Hello Igor, I have some concerns about the tags in the metadata.

>Metadata is from alacat but since alacat's map tag have iyasine but your map has iyasine either. Iyasine is the GD name of someone else.
> I don't know that Lopkyy Produções created this music but it seems that I can't find it. But in my opinion, this song's genre is J-Pop and I don't think that company is Japanese.

Conclusion: Imo I don't know if this one needs for disqualification but it seems like the metadata is wrong.
Topic Starter
igorsprite

davidminh0111 wrote:

Hello Igor, I have some concerns about the tags in the metadata.
hello ><

davidminh0111 wrote:

>Metadata is from alacat but since alacat's map tag have iyasine but your map has iyasine either. Iyasine is the GD name of someone else.
mappers put some "random" things in tags like rsi in this map, but yeah it's related indirectly, some players have rsi playing this map and if don't the metadata is wrong(?). iyasine helped alacat to rank your mapset and now is helping me indirectly since i got bpm, offset, bg, audio, artist and title why not all the tags?

davidminh0111 wrote:

> I don't know that Lopkyy Produções created this music but it seems that I can't find it. But in my opinion, this song's genre is J-Pop and I don't think that company is Japanese.
oh, here is lopkyy and he helps me a lot. it's only lopkyy produções as your request >///<

davidminh0111 wrote:

Conclusion: Imo I don't know if this one needs for disqualification but it seems like the metadata is wrong.
maybe :roll: , in my view is all okay now, but feel free to try dq my map
davidminh0111
I'm not really sure but I will try to request someone for a metadata check.

I know what you said but you put: 'iyasine' in tags in your map. Maybe no one helps you called 'iyasine' but 'lopkyy'
Wafu

Igor Sprite wrote:

mappers put some "random" things in tags like rsi in this map, but yeah it's related indirectly, some players have rsi playing this map and if don't the metadata is wrong(?). iyasine helped alacat to rank your mapset and now is helping me indirectly since i got bpm, offset, bg, audio, artist and title why not all the tags?
This is not the same scenario. Players don't get RSI playing one map, so the tag is not very clever either way. But there are tags like "marathon", which you should have in a marathon map, even though they conflict with player Marathon. That is however indirect and unintentional. However, tagging someone who hasn't even touched the map shoudn't put them into tags. Not only they don't have to agree, but this is not something you give credit for. Metadata, timing, finding background is all a part of modding process and shouldn't be mentioned in tags, regardless of how much the mod helped.

Igor Sprite wrote:

oh, here is lopkyy and he helps me a lot. it's only lopkyy produções as your request >///<
That's still probably not a good tag as they have probably given you advice, but there's no evidence that they directly participated on the map. If someone is looking for their map, they probably don't want to find yours via tags.

I think this needs to be disqualified for putting irrelevant people into metadata (and it seems like without consent).

Another issue is that you shouldn't take metadata from unofficial sources, publishers or old beatmaps. Silent Siren seems to majorly use just "Silent Siren". In past, they have used "サイレントサイレン" (e.g. http://silent-siren.com/disco/detail.php?disc=38) without a gap. Your title does have a gap between サイレント and サイレン. Japanese doesn't really use gaps between words, so it makes more sense like this, and when their website uses this name, it's never with a gap. Otherwise, you should provide an official proof that the gap is viable, because it doesn't seem to be any official. The title and romanised title is correct.
Topic Starter
igorsprite

Wafu wrote:

I think this needs to be disqualified for putting irrelevant people into metadata (and it seems like without consent).
"irrelevant people" uh, you really don't choose your words right?. fixed artist and bye iyasine. i will keep the lopkyy ;), he is relevant to me and my mapset
_handholding
*This post was written in black text*
Topic Starter
igorsprite

Kisses wrote:

*This post was written in black text*
wait...

wtf
Saileach
If you value other people and their ability to see, please do not use light green on the forums :D
_handholding

Igor Sprite wrote:

iyasine helped alacat to rank your mapset and now is helping me indirectly since i got bpm, offset, bg, audio, artist and title why not all the tags?
He wasn't involved in your set though. Doesn't make too much sense to search someone's name on a map only to find out they aren't involved in the set. If everyone did this then searching for things in your ingame library you would pull up a plethora of mapsets that many people wouldn't have any anything to do with. Tags aren't a way of showing gratitude/credit, but a way to help search for mappers that were involved in said mapsets (at least I'm 98% sure lol)
Topic Starter
igorsprite

Kisses wrote:

but a way to help search for mappers that were involved in said mapsets (at least I'm 98% sure lol)
this solve the problem with lopkyy in tags
Nardoxyribonucleic
Disqualified so you can remove any irrelevant tags. Wafu also pointed out issues regarding general metadata so you need to address them as well.
Topic Starter
igorsprite

Nardoxyribonucleic wrote:

Disqualified so you can remove any irrelevant tags. Wafu also pointed out issues regarding general metadata so you need to address them as well.
nardo *-*
Wafu

Igor Sprite wrote:

Wafu wrote:

"irrelevant people" uh, you really don't choose your words right?. fixed artist and bye iyasine. i will keep the lopkyy ;), he is relevant to me and my mapset
Sorry if that sounded too harsh, but "irrelevant" is actually the most accurate word to describe that. They are not relevant to this concrete mapset. Irrelevant is not an insult, I'm not using it as: "You're irrelevant, you have no right to say your opinion about this.", I'm using it as: "These people did not directly contribute to the mapset by mapping/making storyboard for it (i.e. they are not relevant to its content), so they shouldn't be credited for a contribution in the map." They may have affected how the metadata/map looks now, but that is in no way different from simple modding. Please, don't alter meanings of words to make it sound like I despise these people.

Absolutely agreed with Kisses. Tags are definitely not for showing gratitude.

Igor Sprite wrote:

Kisses wrote:

but a way to help search for mappers that were involved in said mapsets (at least I'm 98% sure lol)
What problem does it solve? Giving you a general advice (essentially a mod) doesn't mean what Kisses said.
davidminh0111
See? >√<.
1st time disqualifing a map
Topic Starter
igorsprite

davidminh0111 wrote:

See? >√<.
D:

i will not remove lopkyy from tags. that is all :)
davidminh0111
Well, idk, at least tell some helpful work of Lopkyy or put in description makes people understand.

But I don't think it will work
_handholding

Igor Sprite wrote:

davidminh0111 wrote:

See? >√<.
D:

i will not remove lopkyy from tags. that is all :)
well you won't be able to get it re-qualified then I'm afraid
davidminh0111
I agree with Kisses
Topic Starter
igorsprite

Kisses wrote:

well you won't be able to get it re-qualified then I'm afraid
removed produções from tags for be irrelevant

Igor Sprite wrote:

Kisses wrote:

Wafu wrote:

What problem does it solve? Giving you a general advice (essentially a mod) doesn't mean what Kisses said.
as kisses said tags is for help search and if you write lopkyy, you will find 5 maps that lopkyy helped me
and writing igor sprite you will find many others without lopkyy in tags
_handholding
By involved I meant

1) mapped a GD
2) made an SB
3) were part of a collab
Wafu

Igor Sprite wrote:

as kisses said tags is for help search and if you write lopkyy, you will find 5 maps that lopkyy helped me and writing igor sprite you will find many others without lopkyy in tags
As I said "Giving you a general advice (essentially a mod) doesn't mean what Kisses said". It's hard to believe that they made something of the 3 things Kisses mentioned, there's no evidence on that.

@Kisses: Also would probably consider full complex hitsounds to be kinda tag-worthy, but yeah, nothing else probably belongs here, the rest is just regular modding.
Topic Starter
igorsprite

Kisses wrote:

3) were part of a collab
i don't know if is required put collab when a mapper that helped you making a diff does not want
if yes, please show me and i will remove lopkyy from tags
Wafu

Igor Sprite wrote:

i don't know if is required put collab when a mapper that helped you making a diff does not want

Ranking Criteria wrote:

The information of multiple mapset contributors must be provided in the mapset, if there is any guest mapper. This might be in the creator's words, via a storyboard or via naming the guest difficulties appropriately. You only need to provide information of guest mapper and corresponding guest part. Guest mappers must be added to the tags of a mapset. This helps others to know if the map uploader is the main contributor of the mapset and who else contributed to the given mapset.
If guest mapper (collab mappers are also guests) doesn't give a consent to put their name in tags, then agreeing with making the collab from their side would make no sense, if RC clearly says they must be credited.

Also, gave the map a quick glance. Looks relatively okay, could use some improvement, but the only thing I really want to mention is 01:35:950 (308) - in Muzukashii not having a finish here. It's inconsistent with the exact same part, and with other difficulties.

Additionally, the background image doesn't seem related to the song or band in any way. The standards are changing, you can't just copy everything from the older map and hope it's correct. It would be nice if you would find some Silent Siren related image instead. The mp3 could be better too, I don't understand why to go for the lowest quality allowed (if you want help with that without having to change the offset, PM me on forums)
Topic Starter
igorsprite

Wafu wrote:

Igor Sprite wrote:

Ranking Criteria wrote:

The information of multiple mapset contributors must be provided in the mapset, if there is any guest mapper. This might be in the creator's words, via a storyboard or via naming the guest difficulties appropriately. You only need to provide information of guest mapper and corresponding guest part. Guest mappers must be added to the tags of a mapset. This helps others to know if the map uploader is the main contributor of the mapset and who else contributed to the given mapset.
i will give his correct credit just wait
Also, gave the map a quick glance. Looks relatively okay, could use some improvement, but the only thing I really want to mention is 01:35:950 (308) - in Muzukashii not having a finish here. It's inconsistent with the exact same part, and with other difficulties. fixed

Additionally, the background image doesn't seem related to the song or band in any way. The standards are changing, you can't just copy everything from the older map and hope it's correct. It would be nice if you would find some Silent Siren related image instead. The mp3 could be better too, I don't understand why to go for the lowest quality allowed (if you want help with that without having to change the offset, PM me on forums let's map a eletronic song, ANIME GIRL.jpg. see this map she ins't waking up D: .oh another "nonsense" BG
davidminh0111

Wafu wrote:

Additionally, the background image doesn't seem related to the song or band in any way. The standards are changing, you can't just copy everything from the older map and hope it's correct. It would be nice if you would find some Silent Siren related image instead. The mp3 could be better too, I don't understand why to go for the lowest quality allowed (if you want help with that without having to change the offset, PM me on forums)
@Wafu I think the BG has taken from https://osu.ppy.sh/s/122444 and I think it's good to go, no need to fix anything else

Bubbled~

LOL
Wafu

Igor Sprite wrote:

let's map a eletronic song, ANIME GIRL.jpg. see this map she ins't waking up D: .oh another "nonsense" BG
You've just proven how insensible that is. Other maps that passed qualified section don't allow you to do something. They just didn't check it or their threshold is pretty low. The second map is even a year old. Please, address the issue properly instead of using older maps as an argument.
Surono
wow its time to stop put memes in the serious thing such ranking map, its for offical content for this game right ? lol

1 thing for oni, 01:42:661 - change this sv to 0.90x to avoid 01:42:266 - this note 01:42:661 - blocked in the right screen, yeah just to make it neat the slowdown of sv alteration. yeah just minor

I dont find something wrong with BG, it fits well with the atmosphere of the song and yeah the song just tell about love and https://puu.sh/yO8Bz/409b90208a.png from the mapper told me, well
Topic Starter
igorsprite

Surono wrote:

wow its time to stop put memes in the serious thing such ranking map, its for offical content for this game right ? lol

1 thing for oni, 01:42:661 - change this sv to 0.90x to avoid 01:42:266 - this note 01:42:661 - blocked in the right screen, yeah just to make it neat the slowdown of sv alteration. yeah just minor

I dont find something wrong with BG, it fits well with the atmosphere of the song and yeah the song just tell about love and https://puu.sh/yO8Bz/409b90208a.png from the mapper told me, well
fixed
Xinnoh
bg is fine, tags are not
davidminh0111

Sinnoh wrote:

bg is fine, tags are not
But it looks fine now. If not, can you raise the concern that you tell Igor?
Surono
Rebubbled

Sinnoh wrote:

bg is fine, tags are not
idk but up to you guys
<Surono> " lopkyy " do you really want it on tags?
<Igor_Sprite> yes
<Igor_Sprite> it's very very important to me
<Surono> did he mapped at least 50% of your map?
<Surono> or just some?
<Surono> if yes, change muzukashii as collab muzukashii and you can keep that name on tags
<Surono> if no, yeah just delete.. or those people will, yeah in the description is enough. on tags zz idk
<Igor_Sprite> yes, he helped me since the begin of my ranking process
<Surono> hmm
<Surono> just muzukashii right?
<Igor_Sprite> but it's right with ranking criteria
<Igor_Sprite> muzukashii and oni
<Surono> "collab" on diffnaming or just standard diffnaming doesnt matter if you already put statment in the descreption.
<Igor_Sprite> but i already fixed according the ranking criteria
<Surono> nice
<Igor_Sprite> mapper name in tags and informations in descripition
Wafu
Elaborate how the background is fine, using "atmosphere" as "it fits" doesn't seem very competent. Even just by looking at the music video doesn't show any similarity or relevance. Girls singing a song does not make a background fit because there's a girl. I don't see how even the lyrics of the song show any relevance. This is just straight up taken from the previous map without further thought. I don't see how it can be a problem to replace a background to something relevant. I really hope this is not your threshold, because it's too low.
Nao Tomori
Oh please, this is moronic. Will you go and pop every random map with an anime background? A background is nothing more than something to identify the map by and something the mapper thinks fits. Yes obvious this guy is rather lazy, not even bothering to write his own tags. Regardless, popping the map because he uses a background you don't find suitable is ludicrous.
Topic Starter
igorsprite
wtf is happening with my map? ;-;
Wafu

Naotoshi wrote:

Oh please, this is moronic. Will you go and pop every random map with an anime background? A background is nothing more than something to identify the map by and something the mapper thinks fits. Yes obvious this guy is rather lazy, not even bothering to write his own tags. Regardless, popping the map because he uses a background you don't find suitable is ludicrous.
If it is moronic to pop a map over an issue that I brought up and is fully sensible, given all the arguments I've given (hence it's not just me thinking it doesn't fit, I'm explaining why it doesn't), then how is it not moronic to just say "it's fine" and bubble it without addressing it? No matter whether it fits or not, the issue was not addressed and it shouldn't have been rebubbled. Everything in the set contributes to mapset's quality, if I think it's not good enough because of any single part, I'm free to pop it.
davidminh0111

Igor Sprite wrote:

wtf is happening with my map? ;-;
I think I have started this ;w;
Nao Tomori
Fundamentally the issue you are popping over (mp3 quality aside), is that you believe the background is not related enough to the song. To which the simple response is, this isn't some album cover or something that is integral to representing the song perfectly, the background does not need to match perfectly in your standards. You can't just say "this is a bad bg, choose another one" when it is one that the mapper clearly found suitable enough for the map. Drawing arbitrary lines in the sand of how related a background is to the song is pedantic and useless, it misses entirely the point of allowing people to choose their own backgrounds for a map and not being forced to use some album cover or whatever. Next we will say "oh you have to use selfies taken by the artist to properly represent their group" and so on. Using "unrelated" background for a map is perfectly alright as long as it is not inappropriate for this game.
Surono
I dont know but let other people giving more opinions about this and to determine it. as I thought, so it should be using artist, the album cover, or screenshot of the video clip from this song as bg? whats happening really
Ataraxia
Vo aproveita pra da um tiro de estrela ae vlww

ow igor se vc precisar de ajuda com BG etc eu posso conseguir achar uma bom base na letra da musica etc qlqr coisa tamo na luta

--

Wafu wrote:

Elaborate how the background is fine, using "atmosphere" as "it fits" doesn't seem very competent.
So, say why don't competent, i see all the text but i just found some vague assumptions and random words, u are sayng that are a problem here, but u don't ever show any example of how mapper can fix that, u just pop and "go find other"

If you see the lyrics, how BG u think that fits with the song, any example ?, if u just wanted to "say", u just pop because u want, not because there's a real problem in BG
Surono
as long as the content is for all ages even its related or not, theres no problem about it. unrelated bg is fine if its decent, but if its something like nonsense thats the problem.
show more