forum

'osu! has stopped working' error [Resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
anbuninjaz
Bleh, as if the my tablet not syncing with osu! wasn't troublesome enough...
To give you some background on before this happened, I will explain like so:

(Not sure if this is important, but I will put it here anyways...)Yesterday, I brought my laptop over to my friend's house and decided to hook up to one of her networks. We couldn't figure out her Network Security Key, so I randomly connected to one that wasn't secured. However, I soon discovered osu! was still playable without access to the internet and I was pleased, nonetheless.

I practically played osu the whole day yesterday without any problems, excluding the one with osu! not syncing to my tablet.

When I opened osu today, it gave me the dreaded "osu! stopped working" dialog window. I've already tried repairing, uninstalling, and reinstalling osu! several times and nothing has worked for me. When osu! tries to launch itself after a repair or installation, it goes unresponsive and I have to "force-kill" it and restart another. That just leads me to the dialog window again.
I'm stumped. :o
James2250
I am assuming you have tried restarting your laptop already

Based off of other problems I have seen like this you could try moving your osu!<username>.cfg out of the osu! folder temporary and see if that fixes anything
Topic Starter
anbuninjaz
I can't seem to find the right file, but I found one that says osu!.Joy.cgf (Joy is my name, but not my username).
Is that the file you are talking about?
James2250
Oh it might be set to the computer name not your osu! username, yeah try that
Topic Starter
anbuninjaz
OH!
It worked! And now my tablet pen clicks work too!
Thank you so much! :)
-sends love to you-
Ellachi
may i ask where did you found your file? It seems i cant find it :( :o
VeilStar

Ellachi wrote:

Please don't bump 4 year old threads like this.

To answer your question though, the file is located in the osu! installation folder. It contains your settings.

Whatever your issue is, deleting it will probably do you more harm than good. Create a new thread describing your issue instead.
zichis20

Ellachi wrote:

Right Click the Osu Game and open File location then delete all then re download it will re make the files
U can save the skins and musics with that trick too WORKED FOR ME
MKatherine
I tried to delete all and tried to search for the file of the username, but it didn't work and i didn't find the file. Osu keep crushing all the times I open it :(
Pawsu

MKatherine wrote:

I tried to delete all and tried to search for the file of the username, but it didn't work and i didn't find the file. Osu keep crushing all the times I open it :(

Don't bump this. Make a new thread for your problem. These are outdated solutions.
I'm assuming you have Plays.tv open. It's known to crash osu! so please disable that.
MeongMan99
then.. thats all wasnt working to me.. haha :|
Flanster

Pawsu wrote:

Don't bump this. Make a new thread for your problem.