forum

The volume of my song is too quiet [Resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Muffin Turtle
I don't know how this happened, but the song for my beatmap is really low volume, so much that I had to turn the beats down to 30% volume so it would sound right. Is there some way I can raise the volume of the song without changing the volume of the whole game? Thanks, your help is appreciated ^^
James2250
You can use a program like Audacity to raise the volume of the mp3 without changing anything else in the game. First get your mp3 from the folder, download Audacity, then drag the mp3 into it once it is installed and you can increase the volume of the mp3 on the left hand side. Finally go to file - export and your mp3 will be louder~ (You might need to download another file you can find on google to export the mp3)

If you don't want to go through all that then will be just need to find a new louder mp3
Topic Starter
Muffin Turtle

James2250 wrote:

You can use a program like Audacity to raise the volume of the mp3 without changing anything else in the game. First get your mp3 from the folder, download Audacity, then drag the mp3 into it once it is installed and you can increase the volume of the mp3 on the left hand side. Finally go to file - export and your mp3 will be louder~ (You might need to download another file you can find on google to export the mp3)

If you don't want to go through all that then will be just need to find a new louder mp3
I hadn't thought of that... Thanks ^^
Jarby

James2250 wrote:

you can increase the volume of the mp3 on the left hand side
No, don't do that as it's likely going to cause problems due to clipping since you would just be guessing the peak level. Use the amplify function instead which is listed under the effects menu. So, to start, select the entire wavelength (ctrl+a or just click and drag across the whole blue thing) and go to amplify. A box will come up with an amplification number listed. Don't enter in a different number as it will automatically be at the highest value before clipping. Click ok and the wavelength should be visibly bigger. If you encountered a problem regarding that, then you probably just didn't select it.

When that's all done, export as mp3 making sure that you set the bitrate correctly: For osu!, 192kbps is the maximum and 128kbps is the minimum, but if the original mp3 was something like 64kbps, raising it to 192kbps here will just make the file size larger and not increase the quality. You can check the bitrate of an mp3 in any worthwhile media player.
James2250
(My mistake, I haven't really used audacity for raising volume too much)
mm201
Please don't use Audacity at all to raise volume. It will leave you with lower quality since the song gets encoded a second time.

Use this tool instead. It works in compression-domain to avoid the additional loss.
Jarby

MetalMario201 wrote:

Please don't use Audacity at all to raise volume. It will leave you with lower quality since the song gets encoded a second time.

Use this tool instead. It works in compression-domain to avoid the additional loss.
Oh, I probably should have mentioned that, but I was going under the assumption that the bitrate needed to be lowered as well since that's what I use Audacity for when I'm preparing a beatmap. Honestly, I just didn't like mp3DirectCut's interface after spending 5 minutes with it and ended up forgetting about it, but for what it's worth, Audacity is fine for compression and basic editing from a lossless source.
Revinorebi
My osu beatmap is too quiet too,someone help.I want to make it louder without downloading some stupid audio editors,can i fix it while i am on osu? :roll:
litify

Revinorebi wrote:

My osu beatmap is too quiet too,someone help.I want to make it louder without downloading some stupid audio editors,can i fix it while i am on osu? :roll:
did you ever get it resolved? i need help aswell.
Dntm8kmeeatu

litify wrote:

Revinorebi wrote:

did you ever get it resolved? i need help aswell.

Make a new post, this thread is 7 years old.