forum

Is score too combo-dependent?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
bejewelled
IMO it seems like it is.
Playing a map and I had 100k score less because my highest combo was 10 less than my previous highest combo (it was basically an FC so the other combos didn't matter.)

Also you can do MASSIVELY better in accuracy and still not even come halfway to beating your score, and it doesn't count.

Score needs a bigger accuracy component.
B1rd
No.
7ambda
scorev2
Runiel
It's ok in my opinion
chainpullz
Idk, my 98.5% 1580x shit miss on villain beat out my 82% 1726x fc on it. Seems to be working just fine.
Wishy
Score is irrelevant and it's time for ranks to show pp instead of score.
Illustrious

chainpullz wrote:

Idk, my 98.5% 1580x shit miss on villain beat out my 82% 1726x fc on it. Seems to be working just fine.
However the more frequent scenario will be: some 99% 1580x shit miss gets beaten by 94% 1726x fc :)
chainpullz

CoZero wrote:

chainpullz wrote:

However the more frequent scenario will be: some 99% 1580x shit miss gets beaten by 94% 1726x fc :)
No, for me that scenario is almost non-existant. I wouldn't bother playing the map again if I had a 94% fc except maybe with hdhr for a top 50 in which case I wouldn't care about anything short of an fc.
Endie-
a shitmiss is still a miss no matter how shit it is
I think its fine how it is.
Jukkii
it is fine as it is.
[Haku]
Of course the way score is calculated is stupid. The impact of miss on score and pp is way to dependent of where you did miss.
Illustrious

chainpullz wrote:

CoZero wrote:

No, for me that scenario is almost non-existant. I wouldn't bother playing the map again if I had a 94% fc except maybe with hdhr for a top 50 in which case I wouldn't care about anything short of an fc.
Well for myself on some maps I can't really do well with, occasionally I get a 92/93 acc fc. When I tried to re-write my score with better acc (e.g, 96/97acc), I got beaten by shit misses near the end tens of times (even with the shit misses, that's still quality plays and worth a lot more pps than the noob-acc fc). That's really frustrating :(
7ambda
ayy lmao

Edgar_Figaro
I personally am of the mindset that missing should definitely hurt your score and PP but in a way that makes where you miss less important than how many misses. The thing that gets me is if a song is 700 combo long and you get a 500X combo but miss 10x in the last 200 notes the score will still be worth more than a play where you miss just 1x but at 350x Combo.

Out of the 4 game modes I'd say Taiko PP calculation is the closest to being right even if the score calculation is a bit off. Taiko PP calculation goes based on Accuracy and NUMBER of Misses instead of Combo. So regardless if your miss is at the beggining end or middle of the map it will be an equivalent detriment to your PP.

Score adds in the element of hurting you less if you miss a couple notes in a row to get back on the rythmn vs missing a few notes spread throughout the map as once you are at 100x combo your score increase has capped out. The main problem with the score element is that it makes where you miss become important again as if you miss in the first 100 notes or last 100 notes it hurts your score less. Also the number of Big notes in the section you miss and also whether it's a Kiai time or not affects how much detriment the miss has to the score which I think is a flaw.

CTB scoring and PP is same as standard where combo is the most important thing

Mania on the other hand is too lenient on misses as it only resets the bonus point meter. The issue with this is the miss really only hurts if you are at a high acc play and even then once you get past 800,000 points on a map the PP increase above that starts becoming trivial making a few misses in the song not matter as much as 500,000 of the score comes from raw point value anyways and it only takes 100 points of bonus to get up the max anyways so getting that 300,000 from bonus isn't all that hard.
I Give Up
Is score too combo-dependent?
Yes it is. That is why scorev2 was implemented. Though personally I still think the whole thing is outdated.
-Makishima S-
It's perfectly fine like it is now.

Except highest pp score should be prioritized over points score.
Eg. 99% nomod score worth 100pp vs 95% HDDT worth 300pp
Nomod in this case have more points.....
[Lethal]
Honestly, I don't see the issue with it..