forum

Almost 4kpp, can't fc 4*

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Florrow
Yup..
I have more information here t/528456
Also keep in mind that I AM PLAYING MORE AND IT AIN'T WORKING FAM.

So basically i can't fc anything, neither 5.4* nor 4* so please end me.....................
Please avoid play more even if that's the "essence"..i would like something more in depth.
I play long marathons and songs around that star rating, i also play different maps and i also play streams

EDIT: I can't even pass a score that i did 5 months ago and that ain't an fc.

P.S: Im truly sorry if i keep complaining on the forums about my HUGE skill gap but it really beats me down seeing my performance and i dont wanna leave the game
DeathHydra
Stop complaining and don't think about those kind of things. Play the game, don't think about anything, and maybe (just maybe) that will help.

And I'm sure it's not that you can't FC 4*. You just happened to not FC some 4* maps and you already complain. The problem is your mentality I think (sorry if this sounds too harsh)
Topic Starter
Florrow
well how am i supposed to change that when im LITERALLY playing like 1kpp man...believe me i've been through these kind of mentalities while playing osu and as soon as i noticed improvement i changed my mentality but this one...this is hard af.. i have same setup, same settings, just another mouse (a better sensor than the last one) and im worse GG
mulraf
has top scores with fc'ed near 6*. some just a few days old. -> complains about not being able to fc 4*. wut?
N0thingSpecial
Play stuff you rarely play and expand your overall skill ceiling
Endaris
Some 4* are just different from what you're good at.
So

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Play stuff you rarely play and expand your overall skill ceiling
Topic Starter
Florrow
but i cant fc anything else aswell ;_;
Endaris
You're overdramatising this.
Choking is the rule in osu!. FCing is the exception to that rule. This has nothing to do with Star Rating. You can easily tell by seeing osu!'s top players choking on maps of the OWC Group Stage pool.
Fxjlk

Florrow wrote:

I AM PLAYING MORE
No you are not
Topic Starter
Florrow
7ambda
You aren't playing more the right way.
Fxjlk

Florrow wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/6721236

pls
thats just a screen of one 4 hour play session how does that prove anything?

F1r3tar wrote:

You aren't playing more the right way.
^
AncuL
don't let FC be an indicator of how good you are. just keep playing
Klockster
dung eater
focus on actually clicking on each circle at the right time

live in the present
N0thingSpecial

Florrow wrote:

but i cant fc anything else aswell ;_;
Bruh I said play more not FC more ffs
spacepop
this happend to me as well 46k playcount and 700+hours not a single 5* FC lol

https://puu.sh/sDIcJ/f5ca06601d.png
Soo bin
You're just tilted right now. People are saying to play more but I think you should just take a break to refresh your mental state.
mulraf
ah. you really aren't fc'ing much i see. just checked your profile and compared it to what tillerino would give at that accuarcy for fcs. that must be really sad. i see that you have come rather far but just stopped not to long before you fc it, eh?
well - one thing that suggests to me is that you get really nervous when you reach a point that you have failed at before and you might start shaking and miss because of that? might that be a fitting conclusion :?
anyways. another thing i'm seeing is that you havn't really retried your maps that often.

yours

mine

maybe playing the same map more often would give you better results?

how do you play your maps? do you play the full length or do you stop right away when you miss something and retry it? i'll make myself really unpopular in this forum saying this, but if the general opinion doesn't fit for you - try the opposite. so if you stop right when you miss something then try switching to what seemingly the biggest part of the community suggests - play it until it ends. if you already do that - play how i do it, if you miss before you've gotten past the point you missed at before then instantly quit and retry the map, no matter how far you've gone. maybe it'll condition you into not wanting to miss. idk. i usually fc most things but have bad acc and i play this way. yet i have lots more played hours than you and am behind in terms of ranks.

but i think this really is a rule that you can apply in general. if what you are being told doesn't fit, maybe the opposite is the thing fitting for you. if playing more doesn't help, take a break. if taking a break doesn't help, play more. if both don't work: ignore how often you play and focus on other things.
DeletedUser_7520443

skaiys wrote:

People are saying to play more but I think you should just take a break to refresh your mental state.
honestly, i agree. a while back i had this same problem of suddenly playing really badly at the game and i decided to take a few weeks off and when i came back i was playing better again. of course i'm not saying this is guaranteed to fix your problem but it seemed effective for me... just a suggestion
Topic Starter
Florrow

mulraf wrote:

ah. you really aren't fc'ing much i see. just checked your profile and compared it to what tillerino would give at that accuarcy for fcs. that must be really sad. i see that you have come rather far but just stopped not to long before you fc it, eh?
well - one thing that suggests to me is that you get really nervous when you reach a point that you have failed at before and you might start shaking and miss because of that? might that be a fitting conclusion :?
anyways. another thing i'm seeing is that you havn't really retried your maps that often.

yours

mine

maybe playing the same map more often would give you better results?

how do you play your maps? do you play the full length or do you stop right away when you miss something and retry it? i'll make myself really unpopular in this forum saying this, but if the general opinion doesn't fit for you - try the opposite. so if you stop right when you miss something then try switching to what seemingly the biggest part of the community suggests - play it until it ends. if you already do that - play how i do it, if you miss before you've gotten past the point you missed at before then instantly quit and retry the map, no matter how far you've gone. maybe it'll condition you into not wanting to miss. idk. i usually fc most things but have bad acc and i play this way. yet i have lots more played hours than you and am behind in terms of ranks.

but i think this really is a rule that you can apply in general. if what you are being told doesn't fit, maybe the opposite is the thing fitting for you. if playing more doesn't help, take a break. if taking a break doesn't help, play more. if both don't work: ignore how often you play and focus on other things.
Yeah, im not that big of a "retrier", so to say, my gameplay is mostly based on playing consistency related maps (long maps, even if missing i'll keep on playing). Don't get me wrong, i still play some of those TV size maps, i kinda play everything, 7* maps, HRHD, HD, DT, TV Size, Marathons, streams. One month ago i used to play really well and for example if i played a map and i got a few misses, but knew that i could get the fc, i would try it a few times and i would actually get the fc. Right now im struggling a bit with choking, as if i get a 200 combo i instantly start choking and it all goes down the rain...also, i bumped my sensitivity up by 0.1 and it feels A LOT better, i now am a bit better than my previous sensitivity, thing which i thought would be part of my problem since i could feel that my mouse movements weren't as fast as i am used to.
sorrensen_DELETED
People still don't understand that 'Play more' means 'Play more maps' and mot 'Play the same map more times'
Try playing a lot of different maps (new, old, slow, fast, short, long, low AR, high AR) and you will become infinitely better in no time
Topic Starter
Florrow
Endaris
7ambda

Endaris wrote:

like what are you gonna do if u don't have a user page hahahahahahaha
Topic Starter
Florrow
back to point 0. still bad.
i believe that was a lucky fc
Endaris
Please stop to wallow in self-pity. You got a lot of advice and all you seem to do is ignoring it and crying more. If you don't have anything valuable to post, just don't post.