forum

An osu! Mafia - TOWN WIN

posted
Total Posts
show more
iMuffin

0_o wrote:

I would appreciate it if iMuffin made more contributions to the game than prod responses and random/bandwagon votes.
and i would appreciate it if i did too
Mashley
Then why don't you contribute something now?
iMuffin
you mean other than the stuff that has already been said?
Claudia_old
Yeah, you could, y'know...play.

I mean, it's Day 3 and we have basically NOTHING to go on. About half the town is already dead, and we got one bad guy.

Abstaining from voting in the meantime, I think, we got nothin' but accusations. After all, look at where said accusations and baseless claims have led us.
pieguyn
roleclaim: Cop

Unfortunately, I haven't found any mafia yet. First night I checked Mashley and I couldn't complete my action, so perhaps we have a roleblocker in this game. Second night I checked E-Hooker and he's innocent.

Seeing as I'm almost dead, I practically have to do this. :cry:
Mashley
Strikes me as something of a mafia last resort sort of thing to roleclaim the exact role Wojjan wanted to be roleclaimed... but I'm not going to vote because then some silly person will hammer it like last night. Still, FOS on pieguy.
0_o
Any particular reason for investigating E-Hooker? If I were a cop I probably would have targetted someone more vocal like Wojjan.

But yeah, unless someone counterclaims I really don't think lynching pieguy is a good idea at the moment.
Wojjan
It seems odd that you claim cop, and suddenly have an innocent result on someone I suspected to be mafia. Nevertheless, you're pretty dang new if I remember correctly, and if you thought I knew what I was doing my fos could be worth a cop check.

Don't do that anymore. It's bad play, regardless of what side you're on.
Kitsunemimi

pieguy1372 wrote:

Unfortunately, I haven't found any mafia yet. First night I checked Mashley and I couldn't complete my action, so perhaps we have a roleblocker in this game. Second night I checked E-Hooker and he's innocent.

Well... that's interesting... :< But yeah, you probably should've went for someone who could be of more risk.

Still though, I think it might be a better idea if we pick someone else, because having a cop around could be really valuable, and I don't want us to lose another innocent because they were the only person who seemed suspicious at the very moment.

iMuffin made a weird response to faceman's comment up there, so I think he might be hiding something.
Vote: iMuffin
iMuffin
if anyone knew me they would know i make many weird comments
Claudia_old
I was probably investigated because at least two people believed/do believe/think that I am Mafia. I already said that's not the case, but pieguy seems to have checked up on me last night. Curiosity, perhaps?

Either way, i'm a townie, sorry Wojjie.
Mashley
iMuffiin, do you have any intention of actually playing this game?
Kokizi

pieguy1372 wrote:

this roleclaim only made me more suspicious :<
Topic Starter
NoHitter
VOTE COUNT
pieguy1372 (3) - BakaloidSky, dkun, Quaraezha
BakaloidSky (1) - pieguy1372
iMuffin (1) - Kitsunemimi

Not Voting (5) - 0_o, Mashley, iMuffin, Wojjan, E-Hooker

WITH 10 ALIVE, IT TAKES 6 TO HAMMER.

iMuffin
i'm voting and not voting at the same time apparently
Mashley
Upon further consideration I'm going to Vote iMuffin... he's just refusing to participate in the game at all.
Wojjan

E-Hooker wrote:

I was probably investigated because at least two people believed/do believe/think that I am Mafia. I already said that's not the case, but pieguy seems to have checked up on me last night. Curiosity, perhaps?

Either way, i'm a townie, sorry Wojjie.
Or you're providing a logical reason for pieguy to have checked you instead of pie himself, and he's not a cop.
I don't think that's the case, but it's a possibility.
Claudia_old
Meh.

I'm just kind of beginning to get pissed, some people are barely playing which isn't helpful at all.
don't sign up if you're not going to give a shit [there's a difference between being inactive and just passively lazing around].

Just sayin'.

Wojjie: I don't quite follow...do you still think i'm Mafia? I'm pretty sure you think pie isn't the cop, at least.
Wojjan
I doubt it.
Claudia_old
Ah, I see.

I'm not going to vote at all during this day unless I see something solid against somebody.
iMuffin

Mashley wrote:

Upon further consideration I'm going to Vote iMuffin... he's just refusing to participate in the game at all.
I'm not participating? k maybe instead i should throw together poorly worded excuses that make me seem more suspicious than the other way around. inb4 people claim this makes me suspicious.
Mashley
Are you going to participate now?
iMuffin

Mashley wrote:

Are you going to participate now?
I'll participate hard
Wojjan
I really just want to kill him.
0_o

Wojjan wrote:

You'll have all night for that.

Thing is I'm not sure how wise lynching someone based on inactivity is in a potential lylo situation..

At this point I'm more in favor of a no-lynch since there's an even number of players. An extra round of night actions may be useful.
iMuffin

0_o wrote:

Wojjan wrote:

You'll have all night for that.

Thing is I'm not sure how wise lynching someone based on inactivity is in a potential lylo situation..

At this point I'm more in favor of a no-lynch since there's an even number of players. An extra round of night actions may be useful.
if we lynched for inactivities i shouldn't really be the only one on the chopping block.
Mashley

0_o wrote:

It's not inactivity I'm voting on, it's the complete vagueness of his posts and his determination not to get into any discussion. If you go through the thread more or less all his posts are bandwagon votes or, most recently, vague responses to me.
Kitsunemimi

Mashley wrote:

0_o wrote:

It's not inactivity I'm voting on, it's the complete vagueness of his posts and his determination not to get into any discussion. If you go through the thread more or less all his posts are bandwagon votes or, most recently, vague responses to me.
I agree exactly.
0_o
Nonetheless, I still say no-lynch is the way to go. If there are 4 mafioso then we can't afford a mislynch today as that would leave us tied 4:4 tomorrow, thus we would lose. On the other hand, if we no-lynch today then the auxes would get another round of night actions, as well as increase the odds of lynching a mafioso. (Chance that a random lynchee is a mafia today = 4/10; chance tomorrow after a no-lynch = 4/9) We really have nothing to lose by postponing the lynch.

Vote no lynch
Kitsunemimi

0_o wrote:

Nonetheless, I still say no-lynch is the way to go. If there are 4 mafioso then we can't afford a mislynch today as that would leave us tied 4:4 tomorrow, thus we would lose. On the other hand, if we no-lynch today then the auxes would get another round of night actions, as well as increase the odds of lynching a mafioso. (Chance that a random lynchee is a mafia today = 4/10; chance tomorrow after a no-lynch = 4/9) We really have nothing to lose by postponing the lynch.

Vote no lynch
How are you so certain that there's 4 mafia? :<

If you're wrong, we'll certainly lose an innocent overnight, while there was originally still room for error. In my opinion, it's not too hard to nail the Mafia by taking educated votes, we can't just sit around and let some people get killed until the odds are greater.
dkun

Kitsunemimi wrote:

0_o wrote:

Vote no lynch
How are you so certain that there's 4 mafia? :<

If you're wrong, we'll certainly lose an innocent overnight, while there was originally still room for error. In my opinion, it's not too hard to nail the Mafia by taking educated votes, we can't just sit around and let some people get killed until the odds are greater.
It's a game of "Do I chicken out or do I keep on?"

Educated guesses seem the best at the moment, but in my standpoint, there's no one to vote for. I agree with faceman's approach, even if it's not the best way to go at it at the moment.

unvote
vote no lynch
0_o

Kitsunemimi wrote:

How are you so certain that there's 4 mafia? :< If you're wrong, we'll certainly lose an innocent overnight, while there was originally still room for error.
I'm actually leaning towards there being 3 mafia, but I'm preparing for the worst case scenario. The townies need an odd number of players, so even if there are 3 mafia a no-lynch would still be beneficial since we would have to do it at SOME point.
In my opinion, it's not too hard to nail the Mafia by taking educated votes
You mean like our last two lynches? Sure there is skill in spotting the mafia, but there definitely IS luck involved and no matter how you look at it we have a better chance picking a mafia member out of 9 people than 10
we can't just sit around and let some people get killed until the odds are greater.
An innocent is going be killed tomorrow whether we lynch someone or not. If there are 4 mafia then we only have one shot - a no lynch would only move us closer to the target before shooting.
Kokizi
unvote
vote no lynch
Quaraezha
unvote
vote no lynch

Good luck to those who has night actions
Wojjan
The biggest problem with educated guesses, Harris, is that half the players haven't even been playing, iMuffin even explicitly stated he wasn't really paying attention.

You can't expect an educated guess when we have nothing to educate ourselves with.

Vote: no one
Claudia_old
No need to explain.

Vote: no lynch
iMuffin
So band wagon vote? K

unvote
Vote no lynch
Mashley
No lynch has been hammered. (if that's possible) Waiting for NoHitter to respond...
Claudia_old
I think he mentioned he was away until the 30th, not sure.
Quaraezha
Yeah, he'll be back in May 30
show more