forum

I love feeling new again.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mystletaynn
Hi everyone! I really should have joined this community a long time ago, to be honest. I'm Mystletaynn, although I'm pretty sure none of you know me already unless you play competitive Pokemon, but that aside...

I've actually been into rhythm games for about 8.5 years now... or in that sense, rhythm game, no plural. I've had a lot of fun with Flash Flash Revolution, which is basically along the lines of Stepmania and osu!mania, and gotten pretty good at it, although nowhere as near as good as my brother (who's actually top 200).

Many of my friends in several various Discord servers I'm in play osu and for some reason, I've never downloaded it for myself. I just realized there wasn't anything stopping me, so here I am. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As a person I'm heavily involved with Pokemon (I've topped rank #1 on multiple Pokemon Showdown ladders...), but I also really enjoy anime, Fire Emblem, Monster Hunter, Smash, reading, creative writing, wildlife, and Italian food. I'm also a senior in college, studying Emerging Media. Big hi to everyone!
Daichi Shinku
Welcome to the osu! forum!

We have alot of fun guys around here! and lotsa cancerous too
Well anywho, if ya needed some avatar pic editing, let me know! I'll do it for ya!
- Jade -
Welcome to the forums (and the community itself)! I hope you enjoy your time here!
Jellyblob
x
Topic Starter
Mystletaynn
Nothing much, probably picked a really bad time to start a new game though lol, seeing as the last two-three weeks of the semester are gonna kill me, but hey, whatever happens.

Thanks for the welcomes everyone. ^-^
DLEnta258

Mystletaynn wrote:

Nothing much, probably picked a really bad time to start a new game though lol, seeing as the last two-three weeks of the semester are gonna kill me, but hey, whatever happens.

Thanks for the welcomes everyone. ^-^
Welcome to the community! If semesters aren't gonna kill ya, the four star maps will :P
Topic Starter
Mystletaynn
Well I made it about halfway through a 5.43 so I'll be fine, I hope. https://osu.ppy.sh/s/503687

Also, is there any kind of training mode where you can either a. not die on empty bar, or b. play specific sections of songs? Would help with learning patterns.
Jellyblob
x
Topic Starter
Mystletaynn
Ah, I see, thank you!

I did go through the beginner tutorial map pack but breezed through that easily, so I found the top 100 songs map pack and am enjoying that right now.
DLEnta258
You seem to have got most of the basics down, but do take a quick read through this osu!wiki link
Figured it may help you out a little, also there are extra guides if you need them
(Ignore the first two, maybe three sections. I'm pretty sure you know that)
vizzy
Welcome to the forums!
Meah
yahallo! :D
Topic Starter
Mystletaynn
Hi and thank you! ^-^
Chaos
Hello and welcome! Pretty cool to hear you're very successful at Showdown. Hope you enjoy osu! and all that it has to offer.

My personal advice is to never look at tread carefully in the #osu chat channel should you ever find yourself in it.
Adorn

Chaos wrote:

Hello and welcome! Pretty cool to hear you're very successful at Showdown. Hope you enjoy osu! and all that it has to offer.

My personal advice is to never look at tread carefully in the #osu chat channel should you ever find yourself in it.
Don't listen to Chaos, he's a dork.
All jokes aside, welcome to the osu! Forums! Hope you enjoy your time here and stick around.
FlyingNeko
Pokemon is the best.
-Annie