forum

[resolved] [confirmed] Issue with Single Diff Loved maps Leaderboars

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
7ambda
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/766190

Although the leaderboard doesn't display on the website, there's a leaderboard for every difficulty when you look at the map in-game. I'm requesting that the normal diff have its in-game leaderboard removed, because it's just a complete shitfest that only encourages relax and autoclick cheaters. There's nothing about the diff that's even HUMANLY PLAYABLE (impossible to pass).

In case you don't know what the map looks like, here's what it actually is. Everything is just pure jump bursts mapped to 1/16 snap at 200 bpm (800 bpm). This is what the entire map contains, there's no other patterns or sliders except these. It's impossible to revive your hp bar, even for a split second. Why should this difficulty have a leaderboard when it's not humanly possible to pass? Literally, the only thing it accomplishes is attracting cheaters.

Just look at the leaderboard; almost every score in the top 50 is cheated. There's no way you could get those double digit accuracies legit, even with EZ and HT. Even high-ranked players like ExGon and Elysion got less than 5.00% acc with HT at best.
AzureDoctor
???

The map isn't ranked???
Topic Starter
7ambda
Did you even look at the last screenshot? lol

It only displays a leaderboard in-game.
Starrodkirby86
I feel like this is more of an oversight or issue that needs to be dealt with than, say, a Feature Request. xD

Either way, you're totally right --- that leaderboard is a joke and is a hotbed of cheated scores. I think the more interesting part that should be considered as a bug to fix is the fact that there's no leaderboard online while there is one in-game.
Topic Starter
7ambda

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

I feel like this is more of an oversight or issue that needs to be dealt with than, say, a Feature Request. xD

Either way, you're totally right --- that leaderboard is a joke and is a hotbed of cheated scores. I think the more interesting part that should be considered as a bug to fix is the fact that there's no leaderboard online while there is one in-game.
Only AVALON diff was supposed to be loved, but for some reason, all the other diffs got a leaderboard too (well, partially).
Starrodkirby86
Yeah, that partial leaderboard on the other difficulties really should be taken care of.
Caput Mortuum
I think it's meant for ctb, my friend said some ctb things about it. I'm not really sure though, I haven't even downloaded the map.
Topic Starter
7ambda

Eraser wrote:

I think it's meant for ctb, my friend said some ctb things about it. I'm not really sure though, I haven't even downloaded the map.
Yeah, but as you can see, it has a Standard icon, so you can play it in Standard.
abraker
I will never get why even bother cheating on these kind of things. The only legit score in the top 50 I recognize is Exgon's
Stefan
That leaderboards looks like an accident to move Centipede into Loved.

Anyways, this is definitely a bug, not a real request. Moving this to Help Forum.
Kao
If this was a bug, then maybe change the thread title to a more appropriate one
Scarlet Evans
Well, I think that some of the other difficulties, which are often nice, perfectly playable and already got leaderboards by accident too, could keep these leaderboards.

However, the one in question, with cheated scores, should definitely be gone from loved. :cry:
Sleepteiner
The dev team already addressed this issue 25 days ago. The in-game leaderboards have been removed. However, the difficulties in question still act in a strange way. Instead of "Global Ranking" acting like it would in an unranked map, it says "No records set!" like it would in a ranked/qualified/loved map. If you actually try to set a score a message pops up in the bottom right of the screen saying "ERROR: This beatmap is not available for online ranking. Its ranked status may have been changed."

While this issue has been in a different state for the last 25 days, it is still an issue that should be looked at.

Thank you for reading my post.
Sleepteiner
Can my previous post be addressed by someone? There is no reason for this thread, in its current form, to continue taking up space in the Help Forum because the issue that F1r3tar described was resolved months ago.
Ryantjee
Can someone help my osu wont start? It says there has been a problem with my system and now it doesnt work good anymore..
Dntm8kmeeatu

trying2try wrote:

Can someone help my osu wont start? It says there has been a problem with my system and now it doesnt work good anymore..
Make a new thread instead of bumping a completely irrelevant marked one. ;-;