forum

Yunosuke - Spiral

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SaltyLucario
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 12 grudnia 2016 at 19:57:59

Artist: Yunosuke
Title: Spiral
Tags: hatsune miku vocaloid edm
BPM: 128
Filesize: 4962kb
Play Time: 03:54
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1,38 stars, 146 notes)
  2. Hard (2,83 stars, 466 notes)
  3. Insane (3,75 stars, 691 notes)
  4. Normal (1,76 stars, 244 notes)
Download: Yunosuke - Spiral
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
gonna remap and rank it one day i swea4
TheKingHenry
Hello! Mod from my queue~
General
  1. Check AiMod. Tags conflict between different difficulties.
  2. These diffs are somewhat easier than what I usually play. Therefore how they feel to play for me and how they feel to play for the target group of players will differ.
  3. The rhythm in this song differs little from normal. Even though the time signature is 4/4, some 8/4 are divided to 3/4 and 5/4 parts and vice versa emphasis-wise. You have to take that into consideration when mapping, since especially on lower difficulties this can easily lead to confusion.
Easy
  1. 00:07:113 (2,3,1) - Blankets are cool, but if you are doing them it's worth doing them right. Fix this blanket
  2. 00:38:519 (1) - There is musically much stronger note one beat before this slider and at the current sliderend. I suggest you do this differently according to the rhythm.
  1. 00:39:926 (3,4) and 00:42:738 (1,2) - Just keep using the 1.0x spacing you have used so far. These different spacings aren't necessary here, and infact, cause unnecessary overlaps too such as 00:39:926 (3,4)
  2. 01:02:426 (2) - with slider as long as this you can do something visually more interesting, atleast make it somehow relate to the objects before/after/both with like blanketing or smth
  3. 01:04:769 (1,2) - fix this blanket
  4. 01:08:519 (1) - there were few sliders like this with nothing too important in the music on the reverse part (consider the overall amount of objects in the map and the things in music mapped with em). The effect on gameplay isn't too big tho so it's no big deal imo. If you want you can think alternative ways to map sliders like these tho.
    02:18:363 (1,2) - here the spacing is good, but the visual distance between the objects doesn't look that good, due the forms the sliders have. I presume you know what I'm talking about here.
  5. 02:23:519 (1,2) - fix blanket
  6. 03:10:394 (1,2) - Fix blanket
Normal
  1. 00:05:707 (4,1) - You could blanket patterns like this, same with 00:07:113 (2,3) and 00:08:519 (1,2)
  2. 00:46:957 (3,4) - fix blanket
  3. Looks like the spacing doesn't stay exactly constant here either. It's recommended to keep it somewhat stable in the easiest difficulties. Unlike in Easy in the part I mentioned about though, here the differences are relatively small and visually not easily recognizable so it's okay
  4. Lots of parts you could blanket (or had tried but not perfect). I'll say something in the end

Hard
  1. Check AiMod, object ends not snapped at 00:29:379 (9) - and 00:44:613 (6) -
  2. 00:03:363 (3,4,5,6,7) - In and of itself nothing wrong with these patterns, but they would play much better imo if you reversed the order of circles and the kickslider. Same holds true for all identical patterns in the map.
  3. As in other diffs too, the spacing doesn't stay exact. Imo you can already change it in Hards tho, just keep it reasonable. Don't do this kind of thing tho 00:11:332 (2,3) - even though the spacing doesn't change too much, due how you have placed it with the snapping it looks like it's clearly closer. (and due slider leniency also plays as if it was closer)
  4. Same here 00:40:863 (1,2,3) - though you can execute this pattern better both visually and gameplay-vise. What's good though is that you used this pattern somewhat constantly when comparing to the music.
  5. 00:48:832 (7,1) - blanket this
  6. 01:01:019 (1,2,3) - These kinds of overlaps are usually fine imo, since it's clearly intentional and it's constant for the duration of the pattern
  7. 01:02:426 (4,5) - On the other hand this kind of overlap is totally not necessary here
  8. 01:06:879 (7) - You can probably map this slider with something better
  9. 02:07:582 (3,5) - Fix blanket
  10. 03:49:066 (3,4) - ^
Insane
  1. Check AiMod. There's like 18 different places where object's end is not snapped and I'm not going to link 'em all here
  2. 00:00:551 (1,1) - Do not do this. There can't be multiple objects at the same time stamp, even if the other object is sliderend. It's not even rankable, just check the first general rule here.
  3. 00:01:488 (2,3,4,5,6) - Same what I said in the Hard. Would play better if you reversed the order. At the very least, however, lessen the spacing here, since now it's easily read as having break in-between.
  4. 00:14:261 (2,3,4) - I don't think this kind of pattern should be taking place in map of this difficulty. On the other hand, it's interesting atleast and the actualy way it plays isn't anything too special so I leave the judgment up to you.
  5. 01:47:660 (1,2) - blanket this
  1. How the maps played was mostly fine imo, but I think the Insane has too much patterns and rhythms that are more fit to little harder maps. Overall it had the most problems with playability. The other diffs were mostly pretty clean to play.
  2. As you can see from the mod tho, what I want you to improve most is the visual aspect. There are a lot of places I didn't mention that need work. In this mod I focused on the parts where - either coincidentally or intentionally - you tried to make visual patterns, but they fell short.
  3. What I liked visually was the Insane how you at parts used different slider shapes and blanketed them and constructed some kind of structure. On the other hand I think you used far too many different hazard slider shapes. Use them more sparsely and compare them to the music.
Good luck!
Topic Starter
SaltyLucario
Thank you for mod :)
SPOILER

TheKingHenry wrote:

Hello! Mod from my queue~
General
  1. Check AiMod. Tags conflict between different difficulties. Fixed!
  2. These diffs are somewhat easier than what I usually play. Therefore how they feel to play for me and how they feel to play for the target group of players will differ. I know that they're easier. I tried make them harder but I just simply can't :P
  3. The rhythm in this song differs little from normal. Even though the time signature is 4/4, some 8/4 are divided to 3/4 and 5/4 parts and vice versa emphasis-wise. You have to take that into consideration when mapping, since especially on lower difficulties this can easily lead to confusion. Thanks for info!
Easy
  1. 00:07:113 (2,3,1) - Blankets are cool, but if you are doing them it's worth doing them right. Fix this blanket Fixed!
  2. 00:38:519 (1) - There is musically much stronger note one beat before this slider and at the current sliderend. I suggest you do this differently according to the rhythm. Fixed!
  1. 00:39:926 (3,4) and 00:42:738 (1,2) - Just keep using the 1.0x spacing you have used so far. These different spacings aren't necessary here, and infact, cause unnecessary overlaps too such as 00:39:926 (3,4) I didn't see that, fixed!
  2. 01:02:426 (2) - with slider as long as this you can do something visually more interesting, atleast make it somehow relate to the objects before/after/both with like blanketing or smth Fixed as much as I can
  3. 01:04:769 (1,2) - fix this blanket Fixed!
  4. 01:08:519 (1) - there were few sliders like this with nothing too important in the music on the reverse part (consider the overall amount of objects in the map and the things in music mapped with em). The effect on gameplay isn't too big tho so it's no big deal imo. If you want you can think alternative ways to map sliders like these tho. Changed them into shorter reverse slider and a circle
    02:18:363 (1,2) - here the spacing is good, but the visual distance between the objects doesn't look that good, due the forms the sliders have. I presume you know what I'm talking about here. Changed into a nicer arrangement
  5. 02:23:519 (1,2) - fix blanket Fixed!
  6. 03:10:394 (1,2) - Fix blanket Fixed!
Normal
  1. 00:05:707 (4,1) - You could blanket patterns like this, same with 00:07:113 (2,3) and 00:08:519 (1,2) Fixed!
  2. 00:46:957 (3,4) - fix blanket Fixed!
  3. Looks like the spacing doesn't stay exactly constant here either. It's recommended to keep it somewhat stable in the easiest difficulties. Unlike in Easy in the part I mentioned about though, here the differences are relatively small and visually not easily recognizable so it's okay I used all the time distane snapping, so I think spacing is okay
  4. Lots of parts you could blanket (or had tried but not perfect). I'll say something in the end Added a few more of them

Hard
  1. Check AiMod, object ends not snapped at 00:29:379 (9) - and 00:44:613 (6) - Didn't see that, fixed
  2. 00:03:363 (3,4,5,6,7) - In and of itself nothing wrong with these patterns, but they would play much better imo if you reversed the order of circles and the kickslider. Same holds true for all identical patterns in the map. I think this pattern better match the music, so I didn't change that.
  3. As in other diffs too, the spacing doesn't stay exact. Imo you can already change it in Hards tho, just keep it reasonable. Don't do this kind of thing tho 00:11:332 (2,3) - even though the spacing doesn't change too much, due how you have placed it with the snapping it looks like it's clearly closer. (and due slider leniency also plays as if it was closer) Will change that soon.
  4. Same here 00:40:863 (1,2,3) - though you can execute this pattern better both visually and gameplay-vise. What's good though is that you used this pattern somewhat constantly when comparing to the music. Same as above.
  5. 00:48:832 (7,1) - blanket this Fixed!
  6. 01:01:019 (1,2,3) - These kinds of overlaps are usually fine imo, since it's clearly intentional and it's constant for the duration of the pattern
  7. 01:02:426 (4,5) - On the other hand this kind of overlap is totally not necessary here Fixed!
  8. 01:06:879 (7) - You can probably map this slider with something better I don't see what's wrong with it, didn't change that.
  9. 02:07:582 (3,5) - Fix blanket Fixed!
  10. 03:49:066 (3,4) - ^ Fixed!
Insane
  1. Check AiMod. There's like 18 different places where object's end is not snapped and I'm not going to link 'em all here Well I was changing the slider veloity and when I finished it, I didn't checked if I snapped everything. Thanks~
  2. 00:00:551 (1,1) - Do not do this. There can't be multiple objects at the same time stamp, even if the other object is sliderend. It's not even rankable, just check the first general rule here. But that two objects weren't on same time stamp lol
  3. 00:01:488 (2,3,4,5,6) - Same what I said in the Hard. Would play better if you reversed the order. At the very least, however, lessen the spacing here, since now it's easily read as having break in-between. As I wrote before, I think this pattern better match the music. Spacing fixed
  4. 00:14:261 (2,3,4) - I don't think this kind of pattern should be taking place in map of this difficulty. On the other hand, it's interesting atleast and the actualy way it plays isn't anything too special so I leave the judgment up to you. I really don't know what else I can do here, so I leave that unchanged.
  5. 01:47:660 (1,2) - blanket this Fixed!
  1. How the maps played was mostly fine imo, but I think the Insane has too much patterns and rhythms that are more fit to little harder maps. Overall it had the most problems with playability. The other diffs were mostly pretty clean to play. I tried to make this insane harder because star rating was really low, and I guess I made it too hard. Will try to make with this something.
  2. As you can see from the mod tho, what I want you to improve most is the visual aspect. There are a lot of places I didn't mention that need work. In this mod I focused on the parts where - either coincidentally or intentionally - you tried to make visual patterns, but they fell short. Will train that, thanks!
  3. What I liked visually was the Insane how you at parts used different slider shapes and blanketed them and constructed some kind of structure. On the other hand I think you used far too many different hazard slider shapes. Use them more sparsely and compare them to the music. Sorry, but I love so much these shapes of sliders :o Will make something with them soon.
Good luck!
TheKingHenry
For future reference I suggest you use different colors when answering to mods. It makes it a lot easier for the modders to then skim your response through and see what you accepted and whatnot to then possibly improve their modding in the future :)
EDIT:

SaltKing wrote:

[*]00:00:551 (1,1) - Do not do this. There can't be multiple objects at the same time stamp, even if the other object is sliderend. It's not even rankable, just check the first general rule here. But that two objects weren't on same time stamp lol
lol i must've dragged it myself then sry
Zekks
From my queue.

Insane

- If you need help with hitsounds watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lz6D7HPJ0eQ
- HP 7 is too high for a map that's only 3.75 stars in the end, decrease it HP 6.
- Overall hitsounds are too quiet and give little feedback.
- There are too many super curved sliders and very little smooth flowing sliders, ex:

- The only exception for those sliders, I believe is on the very technical parts of the song, like 02:23:051- 02:38:051

00:08:051 (3) - Change the slider velocity for this one slider to 0.75, it feels more appropriate to have it slow down.
00:08:519 (1) - Make this slider more squiggly uwu, raise or drop the anchors more to make it more squiggly.
00:51:644 - Whistle hitsound on these 3 hitcircles.
00:53:519 - Right here is another place where Miku's vocals begin, to make it flow more nicely is to not make this slider repeated - 00:53:051 (5) - Get rid of this hitcircle - 00:53:754 (6) - And place a slider here - 00:53:519 - Starting from white tick to red tick.

01:12:504 (1) - Slider is off beat, snap it so that the repeated end is on the white tick.
Topic Starter
SaltyLucario
Thank you for mod too :)
SPOILER

[ - Zekks - ] wrote:

From my queue.

Insane

- If you need help with hitsounds watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lz6D7HPJ0eQ I watched this video before and... I still don't understand how to do this properly :(
- HP 7 is too high for a map that's only 3.75 stars in the end, decrease it HP 6. Changed!
- Overall hitsounds are too quiet and give little feedback. But.. I can't hitsounding, so there are no hitsounds on the map :o
- There are too many super curved sliders and very little smooth flowing sliders, ex:

- The only exception for those sliders, I believe is on the very technical parts of the song, like 02:23:051- 02:38:051 Will smooth some of them, thanks!

00:08:051 (3) - Change the slider velocity for this one slider to 0.75, it feels more appropriate to have it slow down. Fixed!
00:08:519 (1) - Make this slider more squiggly uwu, raise or drop the anchors more to make it more squiggly. Fixed!
00:51:644 - Whistle hitsound on these 3 hitcircles. Since there are no hitsounds on the map, I'll not place these random three hitsounds ;w;
00:53:519 - Right here is another place where Miku's vocals begin, to make it flow more nicely is to not make this slider repeated - 00:53:051 (5) - Get rid of this hitcircle - 00:53:754 (6) - And place a slider here - 00:53:519 - Starting from white tick to red tick. Fixed!

01:12:504 (1) - Slider is off beat, snap it so that the repeated end is on the white tick. Fixed!
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.