Antecer's osu!keypad RGB

posted
Total Posts
show more
naft
Ordered mine. :D
BlayZin
Got it today after 9 Days of shipping.
First the not so good parts about this Keypad: Keycaps are kinda low Quality but you can replace them with anything you like. The three Buttons are hard to press and need time to get used to. The anti slip mat does really stick but it's hard to place the pad somewhere else because it's so hard to remove. A piece of rubber that you could stick onto it would definitely be better for me than the sticky mat. And lastly the Cable is ultra short (0.5m?) but I already expected that and bought myself a longer microusb cable no problem there.

Now about Functionality: It works as it should be no double presses or anything, so I didn't need to change the dejitter setting whatsoever. The Switches are really easy to swap. I bought myself some rgb mx silver together with the Keypad and they fit right in like a charm and work. The software is easy to use too.

Seems like there is more Negative than Positive but I think these Negatives are all neglectable. 30$ well spent.
ILikeRamen
Got my today and i love it c:
-Eugene-
I've been using the keypad for a month now. I'm very satisfied with the product, but there were some issues I had to fix. The most annoying problem was that the kaypad was constantly double-clicking. The solution was to solder the switches. Now it's working properly. The rest of the problems were not important. Like the sticky tape... Maybe a good solution, but not the best. I DIYed a mount instead.
RaZeragon
I've been using this for about 2 months now (and it's been working really well props to the maker), but suddenly my game starts lagging whenever I have it plugged in. Any suggestions on what to do? I haven't updated Windows because the update screws over my tablet, and I only have Discord running in the background.
DfAk3R
My keypad is plugged in to my pc and i opened the software that I downloaded to change the lighting options but its not detecting it ... keypad works fine but the software dosent recognise my device
aegispls
I'm not one to make reviews since I don't know how but this guy. OH THIS GUY. I received my keypad just today and had problems setting it up. I shot him an email and he replied in 3 minutes. If that isn't quick I don't know what is because this dude is probably the best seller around. Haven't gotten to try it out yet but I'm very sure the keypad will work well. Also, if you have problems with the software like it not working or not being able to configure the settings, your .net Framework may be outdated or in my case, the cable used to connect the keypad may be malfunctioning so try a different one.
paaronoia
Received my keypad just a few days ago and got to try it out a bit. I have to say for its price and allowing you to try which switch works for you, it has pretty good value. I use a membrane keyboard for other forms of gaming hence I found value in buying this product, but i would say if you already have a mechanical gaming keyboard it might be a waste to buy this.

I had a few problems with the keypad such as a key not fitting well into the switch as the " + " hole in the back was shaped wrongly. Fixed this problem relatively fast by just getting some replacement keycaps from a friend. One problem that persists is that my keypad causes my cursor to spaz out when i drag my cursor "past" the edges of the screen ( My osu ingame sens is 1.75 ), this problem does not happen if you play on 1.00x sens. Other than that I am quite pleased with the product :D
SanicSpeedz

paaronoia wrote:

Received my keypad just a few days ago and got to try it out a bit. I have to say for its price and allowing you to try which switch works for you, it has pretty good value. I use a membrane keyboard for other forms of gaming hence I found value in buying this product, but i would say if you already have a mechanical gaming keyboard it might be a waste to buy this.

I had a few problems with the keypad such as a key not fitting well into the switch as the " + " hole in the back was shaped wrongly. Fixed this problem relatively fast by just getting some replacement keycaps from a friend. One problem that persists is that my keypad causes my cursor to spaz out when i drag my cursor "past" the edges of the screen ( My osu ingame sens is 1.75 ), this problem does not happen if you play on 1.00x sens. Other than that I am quite pleased with the product :D
I have the same problem with the cursor spazzing out, and also it says I have 1000 ms but It doesnt seem like I actually have 1000ms.. but that spazz thing is very annoying
Topic Starter
Antecer
@paaronoia
@SanicSpeedz

I think I found a solution to fix it.
You just need to disable a mouse in Device Manager of :" VID_001C&PID_100B&MI_02 "
Squishysquirrel
I received mine a few days ago, and have been using it with no problems at all. It took 15 days to arrive in my mailbox in the United States. From the tracking information, my package was shipped out almost immediately! The delays in the shipping came from USPS and US customs. The keypad came well packaged, and with everything described.

I love how the switches can be swapped with any other switch. I ordered a few PCB mount Gateron switches to give them a try, and they fit perfectly in the keypad as well. The USB cable provided is pretty short, but it reached my keyboard so it's fine. I was really surprised by how solid and well made it feels. It feels like a brick, and it's easy to tell that smashing away at it on osu wouldn't be a problem.

The keypad slides all over my desk like it's on ice, but with the double sided sticky thing it's just barely removable with some effort. The sticky thingy can be re-applied, and did not leave anything weird on my desk when it was removed. I bought the keypad so that I could test out some different switches, and for use with my laptop when I'm not home. I haven't attempted to bring the keypad outside of my home, but it's likely that the sticky slab of plastic wouldn't do well in a bag. If it gets dirty, then I can't imagine it sticking very well anymore. So, in the future I may have to improvise a rubber grip piece for the bottom.

Here's an album of the packaging everything came in. Refer to Antecer's post for a good idea of how sexy it looks all lit up and ready. He replaced the three tab buttons with small rubber buttons that are pretty easy to press, and the RGB shines through. It looks awesome.
Paneiru

Squishysquirrel wrote:

I received mine a few days ago, and have been using it with no problems at all. It took 15 days to arrive in my mailbox in the United States. From the tracking information, my package was shipped out almost immediately! The delays in the shipping came from USPS and US customs. The keypad came well packaged, and with everything described.

I love how the switches can be swapped with any other switch. I ordered a few PCB mount Gateron switches to give them a try, and they fit perfectly in the keypad as well. The USB cable provided is pretty short, but it reached my keyboard so it's fine. I was really surprised by how solid and well made it feels. It feels like a brick, and it's easy to tell that smashing away at it on osu wouldn't be a problem.

The keypad slides all over my desk like it's on ice, but with the double sided sticky thing it's just barely removable with some effort. The sticky thingy can be re-applied, and did not leave anything weird on my desk when it was removed. I bought the keypad so that I could test out some different switches, and for use with my laptop when I'm not home. I haven't attempted to bring the keypad outside of my home, but it's likely that the sticky slab of plastic wouldn't do well in a bag. If it gets dirty, then I can't imagine it sticking very well anymore. So, in the future I may have to improvise a rubber grip piece for the bottom.

Here's an album of the packaging everything came in. Refer to Antecer's post for a good idea of how sexy it looks all lit up and ready. He replaced the three tab buttons with small rubber buttons that are pretty easy to press, and the RGB shines through. It looks awesome.
A tip for the problem of not being able to take with you the keypad out. If you saved the cardboard box the keypad was stored in on arrival (which should be an exact fit) and the protective plastic pieces that was on the sticky pad, put one of the pieces in the bottom of the cardboard box. Using the plastic piece, it will prevent any dust from collecting and you'll be able to peel it easily off as well.
Squishysquirrel

Paneiru wrote:

A tip for the problem of not being able to take with you the keypad out. If you saved the cardboard box the keypad was stored in on arrival (which should be an exact fit) and the protective plastic pieces that was on the sticky pad, put one of the pieces in the bottom of the cardboard box. Using the plastic piece, it will prevent any dust from collecting and you'll be able to peel it easily off as well.
I thought of this as well, and put aside the plastic cover pieces, but then they went missing! So, instead I used a bit of plastic wrap. That worked well for carrying around the keypad while I was out of power for the last few days. Thanks for the suggestion!
cynaax
I've had mine for a month and it's great and I've improved at osu a lot with it. But unfortunately it is starting to double tap using the mx brown keys, if it alright if you help
crackhead
out of stock FeelsBadMan

edit: just the black color was out of stock, ordered the silver instead :)
Rexyne
Black keypad's out of stock D: xD May consider buying one when black variant is back in stock, also the keypad looks very cool!
crackhead
Loving the keypad Antecer, but is there any way to fix the brown switches from double clicking? As far as I can tell they are the only ones that have this problem, i'm using the reds for now but would like to swap back if you can give me a solution
Paneiru

MAUXY wrote:

Loving the keypad Antecer, but is there any way to fix the brown switches from double clicking? As far as I can tell they are the only ones that have this problem, i'm using the reds for now but would like to swap back if you can give me a solution
If you haven't tried it already, try downloading the antecer software and change the key debounce value which is set to 5 on default. Because the key will slightly bounce when you click it down, it will produce multiple signals. Changing the key debouncing ensures that only one digital signal can be registered within the space of given time. In this case the value is probable set in milliseconds, so maybe try increasing it.
crackhead

Paneiru wrote:

MAUXY wrote:

If you haven't tried it already, try downloading the antecer software and change the key debounce value which is set to 5 on default. Because the key will slightly bounce when you click it down, it will produce multiple signals. Changing the key debouncing ensures that only one digital signal can be registered within the space of given time. In this case the value is probable set in milliseconds, so maybe try increasing it.

Wow that was quite a simple solution huh? Thank you so much, seems to be working fine now :)
Topic Starter
Antecer
@Tech_Gamer21 @MAUXY
I am sorry for this situation, maybe this is due to a failure caused by the copper holes not being in close contact.
I think the contacts can be made tighter by adjusting the shrapnel in the copper hole or by welding the shaft to the PCB.
cynaax
Thank you for the reply, I might try the whole debounce level method and if not then I might try the method you gave me
FondyBoi
Hey, i know this thread is pretty old, but Im not sure where else to ask this, ive bought this and when i plugged it in and got everything downloaded and working, it seems to make my tablet cursor jitter and shake uncontrollably, making the game unplayable, Does anyone know any way i might be able to stop this?
it only happens when osu is open.
crackhead

Somtam wrote:

Hey, i know this thread is pretty old, but Im not sure where else to ask this, ive bought this and when i plugged it in and got everything downloaded and working, it seems to make my tablet cursor jitter and shake uncontrollably, making the game unplayable, Does anyone know any way i might be able to stop this?
it only happens when osu is open.

Try different drivers for your tablet, google Hawku's tablet drivers they work great. Also what tablet are you using?
SpookyStan
I ordered it and it keeps doubletapping with every switch. Not only that, it flashes colours every 3/5 seconds like it loses connection and gains it again. I gave up on it for 2 months, but now I tried the new drivers, and none of them actually see my keypad. When the old drivers were working (about 2 months ago) I tried every debouce level up until 200... So far I am not very pleased with this keypad, can anyone help me? :v

Pic for no device link: https://puu.sh/AAeTG/686c659092.png

Video of the connection thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lFJ4Z_TOvM
Paneiru

LoliRafis0108 wrote:

I ordered it and it keeps doubletapping with every switch. Not only that, it flashes colours every 3/5 seconds like it loses connection and gains it again. I gave up on it for 2 months, but now I tried the new drivers, and none of them actually see my keypad. When the old drivers were working (about 2 months ago) I tried every debouce level up until 200... So far I am not very pleased with this keypad, can anyone help me? :v

Pic for no device link: https://puu.sh/AAeTG/686c659092.png

Video of the connection thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lFJ4Z_TOvM
I had a similar problem with the "No Device Link!" and figured out the cable was bad, so I just switched out the cable and didn't encounter the problem after that. If not, then you could always send Antecer an email and he might be kind enough to send you a new working device.
DfAk3R
Hi i am experiencing multiple presses registered when only pressed once when using the keypad any fix?
Paneiru

DfAk3R wrote:

Hi i am experiencing multiple presses registered when only pressed once when using the keypad any fix?
If you check earlier posts in this thread, you can see I answered someone else with a similar question, just look it up. If you're too lazy to even search for it tl;dr increase debounce value
Icebirb
bottom text
Zetako
Do you make a keypad that is suitable for people who play with their ring finger and index finger?
kiran

DfAk3R wrote:

Change labelDebounce to 50 or higher.
ZhuyanMK1
Hi. I currently use a Mac for and really want the keypad that you have. I'm just not quite sure if the software customizing the keypad will work on Mac, if not are there any alternatives? I'm not very familiar with coding and very complicated computer things so it would be very good to have something that will work easily on Mac. Thanks!
zoklev
I bought all the switches and I recognize the blue, red, brown, and black switches. But what’s the last one? Is that speed silver?
Rexyne

zoklev wrote:

I bought all the switches and I recognize the blue, red, brown, and black switches. But what’s the last one? Is that speed silver?

Yes, its's Speed/ Silver
wafflecowman
I ordered the keypad on august 23. and it said it would be shipped out by september, yet it hasn't come yet, does anybody know why?
DXPOHIHIHI
Why would anyone buy a keypad that's worth 34$ that only has 2 keys when I could buy a cheaper keyboard that has all keys?
RamenBucket

szkiller wrote:

Why would anyone buy a keypad that's worth 34$ that only has 2 keys when I could buy a cheaper keyboard that has all keys?

To piss you off

Also if you buy the 38$ one you get 5 different switch types so you don't have to by individual keyboards to try them out.

wafflecowman wrote:

I ordered the keypad on august 23. and it said it would be shipped out by september, yet it hasn't come yet, does anybody know why?

Shipped out means that it has been mailed out, not arrived at your home. It is probably on it's way to you right now.
wafflecowman
ok thanks
PaintedKoala
double tapped after 3 months and forgot to edit
YTKarton
I bought it and did not get a keyboard. money is not returned
ClearFail
show more