forum

Antecer's osu!keypad RGB

posted
Total Posts
show more
Rurree
clone switches that aren't kailh are actually nice
Paneiru
I've finally been able to try out the keypad, and I must say I'm impressed. The build quality is overall robust, and the appearance is pleasing to the eyes. RGB LEDs is not a necessity as you most likely won't be looking at the keypad while playing, but it's a great addition. The main selling point for me is that the keypad is very light and small which makes it portable and easy to stow away.
I honestly could not perceive any kind of input lag and the keypad performed on the same level as my usual CM Storm Quickfire TK Red keyboard. The switches were easy to swap out, and they didn't budge at all while playing. The anti-slip mat is very effective and as said by Antecer, once you've attached it to a smooth surface it takes some effort to actually pull it back up, and the anti-slip mat left no forms of adhesive on the table after removal. From what Antecer also said, the anti-slip mat should be reusable, and so far that seems to be the case, but I wonder if it will still be usable after washing off dust etc.
The software is portable and easy to use. The only problem I had with the software is that to appoint keys to the extra buttons, you're prompted to choose the key/key-combination from the "KeySettingsPanel" which is shown in a standard American qwerty layout which does not include some of the Norwegian buttons I wanted to appoint to the keys. Apart from that I do also think that the 3 additional buttons are a bit too hard to press for my liking, and I often missed on the buttons when I tried to press them because the buttons are not elevated from the shell itself, but it's the only downside I've found about the keypad (subjective). Additionally I don't think it would hurt to include a longer cable (cable is approximately 1m which barely reached the usb port on the front panel of my desktop).

As a conclusion, I'm very pleased with the product, and I'm happy to see that it's cheap and affordable (24USD + 7 USD shipping. As a reference the official osu nono keyboard by ppy costs 30 usd excluding shipping and only contains 1 switch type while this comes with 4 sets, and I find the more popular thinkk's keypad not worth mentioning) which makes it a great option for people who can't afford a full mechanical keyboard or people who want to try out different switch types.
I've recorded a play while filming my tapping hand:
Topic Starter
Antecer
@Paneiru
thanks for your support!
-Ryo
Do you ship to the Philippines?
Topic Starter
Antecer

-Ryo wrote:

You can try this link:
https://world.taobao.com/item/529309847 ... lBk#detail
z0k3

Antecer wrote:

-Ryo wrote:

You can try this link:
https://world.taobao.com/item/529309847 ... lBk#detail
The product has been removed? I'ts not purchaseable on taobao? btw, are you the creator of this product``
zMrBossXx
Hey Antecer you ship to italy? if yes this or next month i will buy it :D
Luken
Is this still on stock?
How much does it cost in USD?

Sorry for asking, the web page doesnt really work out for me.

Sincerely,
Luken
Mitsuri
Would like to buy it, but it doesn't ship to the netherlands ;_;
Topic Starter
Antecer
@z0k3 @zMrBossXx @LukenSkyne

Inventory is exhausted, next lot will in 10 days for made.

@william_thechen
it can be ship to the netherlands! You may have to wait a few days.
z0k3

Antecer wrote:

@william_thechen
Ok good to hear! You ship to Finland right? and Should I order it from taobao or wish official website?
Topic Starter
Antecer

z0k3 wrote:

Antecer wrote:

@william_thechen
Ok good to hear! You ship to Finland right? and Should I order it from taobao or wish official website?
You can order it from taobao, it can be cheaper than wish.
Mitsuri
https://gyazo.com/bd3e96b978b8a7312896797d054de493

This is what i get (used google translate), am i supposed to choose overseas, or am i supposed to choose something else or do something else?
z0k3

william_thechen wrote:

This is what i get (used google translate), am i supposed to choose overseas, or am i supposed to choose something else or do something else?
having same problem, never used taobao before.
Mitsuri

z0k3 wrote:

william_thechen wrote:

having same problem, never used taobao before.
My friend told me how to use it, but you can only use chinese banks and credit cards is what he told me.
Is there any way to get the keypad by paypal or something international, cause i really want to buy it, but i don't have a chinese bank account or something like that
Mitsuri
when will "wish" be able to ship it to the netherlands, cause taobao won't be it for me i guess.
z0k3

william_thechen wrote:

when will "wish" be able to ship it to the netherlands, cause taobao won't be it for me i guess.
then the only choice is to use proxy. Although I think I could order it directly from taobao with help of my dad since we are chinese and he has ordered stuff from taobao before but I'll just go with proxy if it's cheaper than wish.
Topic Starter
Antecer

william_thechen wrote:

If the inventory is updated.
I'll push it on wish latter,and you will be able to use the credit card (VISA MasterCard JCB) to pay in Taobao.
Mitsuri
I dont have a credit card, is there a way to pay with "ideal" or "paypal"?
Topic Starter
Antecer

Mitsuri wrote:

I dont have a credit card, is there a way to pay with "ideal" or "paypal"?
Yes, you can use paypal buy it in Wish.
Mitsuri
this is what i get, i just can't seem to get it shipped to the netherlands, but there are still some on stock apparently.

https://gyazo.com/d13c3a12fcc1b0df97d601051c000884
Shikaku
is there anywhere I can buy this where the website is in english and have it shipped to america? buying through tabao is annoyingly complicated since im an american pleb
z0k3

Ghostrt wrote:

is there anywhere I can buy this where the website is in english and have it shipped to america? buying through tabao is annoyingly complicated since im an american pleb
I had the same problem but I just ordered it through taobao proxy. I used superbuy.
Topic Starter
Antecer

Mitsuri wrote:

this is what i get, i just can't seem to get it shipped to the netherlands, but there are still some on stock apparently.

https://gyazo.com/d13c3a12fcc1b0df97d601051c000884
Get it there, you can get it in the way you like it:
http://antecer.oschina.io/amusingkeypad
Topic Starter
Antecer

Ghostrt wrote:

Get it there, you can get it in the way you like it:
http://antecer.oschina.io/amusingkeypad
zMrBossXx
Hey antecer did they still available? because if yes i will buy it tomorrow on wish
Icarus
Topic Starter
Antecer

Icarus wrote:

https://world.taobao.com/item/529309847184.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.KMmMz5#detail

这是你的吗?
对,这个是我的,你也可以在这里购买,寄往国外地址的话,最好不要选择转运,转运会很慢.
samotoda
Can I use any switch I want depending on if they are PCB or Plate mounted? Can you tell me which design this is using?
kas__
Do the switches emit light each time they are pressed just like the official ones?
Tech Deck
I just bought one of these and it arrived.

Nothing works
The keypad doesn't connect
the keypad doesn't light up
program doesn't work
kas__
So, I ordered this keypad about 3 weeks ago and it arrived 1 week ago. I had enough time to play with it as I received it during the holidays, and I had to say, I'm really impressed by this keypad. First off, let me address the unanswered question asked by me in this forum. Yes, the keys can be set using the software to light up individually when pressed, you also have some other led settings you can tamper with. The rgb lighting is really fancy, for me at least, as I don't own and have never owned any other products with rgb lighting except this.

The build quality overall is really good. The keypad feels really solid as the top panel is made out of metal. ( correct me if I'm wrong ) The keypad do slip around a lot due to the smooth plastic bottom surface, and I really recommend using the included sticky tape to stick it in place.
All the different Cherry MX switches are a nice addition. I've messed and played with all of them and I've gotta say the browns are my favourite with blue being a close second. Antecer even included a little box to store all of the switches neatly.
There's also an included USB cable so you don't have to buy extra cables to use it.
One little thing though is that the 3 metal buttons are really hard to press, they require a lot of force to press and I'm honestly not a fan of it.

All in all, I highly recommend this keypad over the others, even the official ones, though the buttons on the official ones are way nicer. But the official ones are way more expensive and doesn't come with as many accessories as this.

:D
Topic Starter
Antecer

Lionsoda wrote:

I just bought one of these and it arrived.

Nothing works
The keypad doesn't connect
the keypad doesn't light up
program doesn't work
I am sorry to see such a result, perhaps the biggest reason is because the data line, because all the keyboard before shipping only check the keyboard itself is working properly, the rest of the parts are not checked.
Maybe you need to replace a MicroUSB data cable that ensures proper operation!
Topic Starter
Antecer

samotoda wrote:

Can I use any switch I want depending on if they are PCB or Plate mounted? Can you tell me which design this is using?
I'm sorry to reply to you so late, because I have not landed ppy for a long time.

If the switch package as the same of cherryMX, it can be used on the keyboard.
They are reliably connected to the PCB via a special component.
Topic Starter
Antecer

I Am Kas wrote:

So, I ordered this keypad about 3 weeks ago and it arrived 1 week ago. I had enough time to play with it as I received it during the holidays, and I had to say, I'm really impressed by this keypad. First off, let me address the unanswered question asked by me in this forum. Yes, the keys can be set using the software to light up individually when pressed, you also have some other led settings you can tamper with. The rgb lighting is really fancy, for me at least, as I don't own and have never owned any other products with rgb lighting except this.

The build quality overall is really good. The keypad feels really solid as the top panel is made out of metal. ( correct me if I'm wrong ) The keypad do slip around a lot due to the smooth plastic bottom surface, and I really recommend using the included sticky tape to stick it in place.
All the different Cherry MX switches are a nice addition. I've messed and played with all of them and I've gotta say the browns are my favourite with blue being a close second. Antecer even included a little box to store all of the switches neatly.
There's also an included USB cable so you don't have to buy extra cables to use it.
One little thing though is that the 3 metal buttons are really hard to press, they require a lot of force to press and I'm honestly not a fan of it.

All in all, I highly recommend this keypad over the others, even the official ones, though the buttons on the official ones are way nicer. But the official ones are way more expensive and doesn't come with as many accessories as this.

:D
This is the correction, the top panel of the keyboard uses the same material as the entire shell (not metal), I just use the black matte material to make it look more beautiful and will not leave fingerprints.

Also, thank you very much for your support and left such an evaluation.
Atsuyoo
Thank's ! Work perfectly !

Pour les Français qui aimerait acheter ce AmusingKeypad by Antecer : le moins cher est à 25 euros avec les Switch Brown, Red, Blue et Black ( Et les Keycaps osu! :p)

Le temps de transport pour arriver en France, celon Antecer, est de 7 à 10 Jours ! Je l'ai reçus au bout de 6 Jours et je n'en suis pas déçus.

Il y a aussi trois raccourcis auquel on peut changer les raccourcis avec le logiciel que l'on peut télécharger ici :http://antecer.oschina.io/amusingkeypad/ (Par ex : Ctrl+R , Echap, C (pour dessiner des visages douteux))

Avec le logiciel les couleurs aussi sont modifiable ! Il y a plusieurs option comme "Quand j'appuie la lumière s'éteint "ou"Avant que j'appuie la lumière est éteinte et quand j'appuie la lumière s'allume" on peu aussi enlever toutes les lumières ou alors mettre des couleurs qui changent (Je sais pas comment ça se dit.)

Si vous avez des questions à poser mais ne maîtriser pas l'anglais n'hésitez pas à m'envoyer un MP :p
vigilant
So I bought this Keyboard after I felt that my old Rubber Dome wasn´t adequate anymore. I chose this keyboard because I didn´t want to pay for a full mechanical keyboard, also I never had a mechanical kb before so I didn´t know what switches would be best for me. Antecer solved this problem for me because he sends up to 5 different switches without increasing the price that much.

I ordered it roughly 10 days ago and today it arrived after the long way from China to Germany. The first positive thing I noticed was that Antecer conveyed my package 17 minutes, SEVENTEEN, after I ordered. He also contacted me per e-mail assuring me everything was alright and on the way.

I tested it out today and it works great. I had no problems whatsoever changing the switches or configuring the buttons. The program he offers to customise the LED´s and the buttons is very easily understandable and works just fine. The product has a nice, solid feel to it and the sticky pad holds it in place without leaving behind any traces on the table. The various switches were really valuable for me, I tested them all and I think the red ones are my favourites with the brown ones right behind. EDIT 9/2/17 I just fell in love with the silver ones
The LED´s are a fancy touch even tho they aren´t really necessary. I, however, like them, especially in the dark, and they work flawlessly. Even a little box for the switches and a mini-USB cable are included. (awesome cable btw this kind of shape isn´t available here in Germany)
I read that some persons had difficulty pressing the top buttons. I don´t know if Antecer changed the design but the buttons work perfectly for me, they are easily reachable and very practicable.

All in all I can only recommend this keyboard, especially to people who aren´t sure what switches they should use. It´s way cheaper than any full mechanical keyboard and it´s small so you can take it everywhere without much effort.
NihilisticMemes
Just ordered mine super excited!
winz
Just ordered!
MetaPixel
I really wanted to buy it, but it looks like it doesn't ship to Brazil -_-
show more