forum

Can't Read Streams

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DreadfulPretzel
I can't read streams. Everytime I would try to stream i'll overstream or i'll try to slow down and fail. How can I read streams a lot more better?
Kao
Be aware that you posted in the wrong sub-forum. Please post this in Gameplay & Rankings
  1. For gameplay related help you should post in the Gameplay & Rankings forum instead. This means threads where you're looking for help that aren't issues with the game itself, but rather issues that lie with you, the player. For example looking for tips on how to do certain patterns in a beatmap.
Please read the Rules before posting
Starrodkirby86
You'll definitely get answers in Gameplay & Rankings, but before you do, you should lurk and see other answers to it.

It really comes down to practicing and refining your rhythm. Start with slower BPMs that you are comfortable at. Also, try and work on bursts first before moving onto longer streams.

It really comes down to following the beat. Even on a higher level where everything is all just keeping aim and momentum, osu! is still at its core a rhythm game.
Pawsu
Moved to G&R
Jukkii
well a kind of obvious answer is to stream more. try to look for what youre doing wrong from the hit error bar. try to keep a rhythm and kind of "feel" the rhythm.
stacked streams are very hard to read and spaced streams are very hard to read, i suggest you find some middleground streams and practice them
remember that stream aim could be a problem too
Xyrus_old_1
You just need to keep streaming at whichever BPM you find easiest to tap out, focus on going a little slower so you don't overstream and keep playing even if you keep freezing up and dropping the stream. Eventually your fingers will get used to that BPM and you'll drop the streams less and less. Overstreaming will always happen....ALWAYS
Skaryskeletons
Also stream training maps with different bpm will help.
Rilene

-Jukke- wrote:

spaced streams are very hard to read
Isn't it just very hard to aim?
Unless if there are 1/3, 1/6 and 1/4 streams then it is quite hard/tricky to transition from one to one effectively.
-Makishima S-
About what streams we are talking, in range of Hard maps there are no streams at all.
You have not even 600pp, there are no streams in maps for you.

Chillout bro, yoou will get there in some time.
Jukkii

Rilene wrote:

-Jukke- wrote:

spaced streams are very hard to read
Isn't it just very hard to aim?
Unless if there are 1/3, 1/6 and 1/4 streams then it is quite hard/tricky to transition from one to one effectively.
yes they are hard to aim, though i can aim them p decently,i have good stream aim for whatever reason. the main problem with them is reading them as in not just realizing that it is a stream and not spaced singletaps, but reading how fast you need to start moving from the beginning and reading when to start the stream and how to keep it up.
salsa
The way to decide if it is a spaced stream and not fast single taps is the BPM. Higher bpm=higher chance of it being a spaced stream
Jukkii

salsa wrote:

The way to decide if it is a spaced stream and not fast single taps is the BPM. Higher bpm=higher chance of it being a spaced stream
It doesnt work like that. BPM barely has anything to do with it.