forum

Problems with aiming - Any helpful tips?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Tronnic
Hello everyone,
I had a 3 months osu break and now started to play again a few weeks ago. I feel like I'm now back at my old level but for some reason my aiming is horrible. It just doesn't seem like im improving anymore.

I noticed that my tablet area is pretty small compared to others. Is it possible that this might be the issue? Should I stick with my settings I used since the beginning or should I change my tablet area?

I recorded some gameplay of me. Maybe you can see what I'm doing wrong. The video starts with some 4.5* maps and goes down to 3.5* maps. I have the same problems in every difficulty. Doesn't matter that much how fast the map is, I always miss aim which leads to not being able to FC many maps.

Here's the YouTube Link: (currently still processing, will be up in HD shortly)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMDUES8 ... e=youtu.be

I know, the main advice is "play more". But maybe there's something else I can improve on.

Thanks for any help I can get!

Best regards,
Tronnic.
Endaris
You don't have a real problem with aim.
Just be more patient with yourself, missing in some places is the rule on insane difficulties.
Jukkii
play more is the best advice to give here but ill give you other tips too
snap. move to notes as fast as you can
try to follow sliders as well as you can, it teaches you aim control (dont underestimate sliders)
7ambda

thank
Alex3i2
Anyone can miss , even top players
Missing is good , it makes you stronger
Mints
When you're warming up, play maps that have high approach rate, big jumps( which u still can do, even if just barely) and fast songs, thn play normally after. You'll find the maps are more readable and easier to aim doing tht.
Yohei

-Jukke- wrote:

play more is the best advice to give here but ill give you other tips too
snap. move to notes as fast as you can
try to follow sliders as well as you can, it teaches you aim control (dont underestimate sliders)
this is important, i never used to realize how important it was to snap to notes fast, it really helps when you are playing jump maps :)
KupcaH

Mints wrote:

When you're warming up, play maps that have high approach rate, big jumps( which u still can do, even if just barely) and fast songs, thn play normally after. You'll find the maps are more readable and easier to aim doing tht.
I prefer playing slow technical maps on warm up.
Insolar
just like in a lot of other games like CS, the one thing about aim is that you'll always be improving as long as you keep practicing. even if the difference is subtle, you will surely gain better aim
Mints

KupcaH wrote:

Mints wrote:

I prefer playing slow technical maps on warm up.
It's more for conditioning imo, I warm up with fast maps so I feel the maps that I want to play are slower and more readable. If I play a slow map for warm up I won't be able to play that well on fast maps later on. Just my two cents tho :3 just telling you what works for me
Topic Starter
Tronnic
Thanks for all the answers and helpful comments. : ) I really need to get more consistent and snap to notes better. Thanks! : )
MilklaMonm

Tronnic wrote:

Hello everyone,
I had a 3 months osu break and now started to play again a few weeks ago. I feel like I'm now back at my old level but for some reason my aiming is horrible. It just doesn't seem like im improving anymore.

I noticed that my tablet area is pretty small compared to others. Is it possible that this might be the issue? Should I stick with my settings I used since the beginning or should I change my tablet area?

I recorded some gameplay of me. Maybe you can see what I'm doing wrong. The video starts with some 4.5* maps and goes down to 3.5* maps. I have the same problems in every difficulty. Doesn't matter that much how fast the map is, I always miss aim which leads to not being able to FC many maps.

Here's the YouTube Link: (currently still processing, will be up in HD shortly)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMDUES8 ... e=youtu.be

I know, the main advice is "play more". But maybe there's something else I can improve on.

Thanks for any help I can get!

Best regards,
Tronnic.
KupcaH
W-wow.