forum

osu!mania; Moving combo horizontally

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kivreal
Quick question, is it currently possible to move the combo number horrizontally off of the note track in mania?
I've been looking through the forums and I haven't seen many posts on it, but the few that I found didn't really have an answer, only that it wasn't possible at the time :roll:

Please get back to me when you can, it'd be so much nicer to look at.

Thanks.
Lyawi
I'm really not sure with it but try this: if you have a 4k.ini, 5k.ini, ... etc. in your skin folder, look if there's a line with the name of "ComboPosition: ...". If not, just add the line. But if there's one, set it to as you wish. If that doesn't work, I don't know then..
-yuo-
Insert some empty space to the right or left of all your combo images IF you only play mania.
This controls horizontal position, but will cause problems for the combo on other game modes.
Remember to keep the width of the empty space consistent throughout all the numbers!

To control the vertical position, adjust 'ComboPosition' in the skin.ini.

(i haven't actually tried this so tell me if it works! i would love to see it :) )
Topic Starter
Kivreal
The ComboPosition line is for vertical adjustments only, yes, sadly, which is why I'm looking for something that'll alter the X value of the Combo, not the Y ^ -^;;
Thanks for trying though.

As for adding transparent space in with the combo images, I don't think that'd work since it sourced it from the individual number images, meaning you'd have the same amount of space in between each digit... right? :?
-yuo-
not between, next to...

an image example will pop up here soon.

Here it is:

See how it works?
Topic Starter
Kivreal
I understand that, and But if you had a 321 combo, wouldn't it show up as

3____________2_____________1_______________

With the space in between them?
ecafree2

Kivreal wrote:

I understand that, and But if you had a 321 combo, wouldn't it show up as

3____________2_____________1_______________

With the space in between them?
Use combo overlap
-yuo-
oh, i see what you mean

yeh, try combo overlap (i havent done this before so yeh)

btw
that looks great!
Topic Starter
Kivreal
If it's possible to use combo overlap to move the combo further to the right, then that'd be awesome, but my issue is that having the static number in the middle of the note path is incredibly obstructive to me.
I know, I'm a scrub, but it's what I've gotten used to, since I always turn it off with Shift+Tab, but it'd be nice to see on the side, so I figured maybe there was a way.

How does combo overlap work, exactly?
-yuo-
To find out how everythyng about skinning works, see this helpful thread (and sheets)
https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/186787

Have a look at the skin.ini tab at the bottom of the window on the detailed sheets with lots of details.

------------
In general, it's
ComboOverlap: <yourvalue>

Since you're numbers have a huge gap (i'm guessing), It should be something big like
ComboOverlap: 250

You may need to play around with the number and reload your skin multiple times to get it right.

------------
I should tell you that you can only calibrate the x pos for one key count. the position doesn't stretch for different key counts therefore if you play on some other key count that you didn't calibrate it to, it won't be aligned properly.
Topic Starter
Kivreal
Holy crap, I got it to work.
Lemme finish this and I'll link an image, hold on.

Thank you guys so much for the help, It's perfect.

What I ended up doing is actually adding 250pixels to the left of all the notes, and the overlapping it for 250, yeah.
This is fantastic, so stoked :D
now to make the rest of my crappy skin look better :roll:
-yuo-
Thats awesome! ;)

Good luck on your skin!

(btw if you're gonna publish it to the forums remember to make the combo work for all modes)
J0daa

Lyawi wrote:

I'm really not sure with it but try this: if you have a 4k.ini, 5k.ini, ... etc. in your skin folder, look if there's a line with the name of "ComboPosition: ...". If not, just add the line. But if there's one, set it to as you wish. If that doesn't work, I don't know then..
I looked all over and i couldn't find the 4k.ini file for my skin. Is there another way?
Caput Mortuum
On newer skins, the 4k.ini file is inside the skin.ini under [4k]. if there is none, make one
h3oCharles

-yuo- wrote:

https://puu.sh/suWpg/2c8d896878.png
That puush could not be found.

J0daa wrote:

I looked all over and i couldn't find the 4k.ini file for my skin. Is there another way?

Eraser wrote:

On newer skins, the 4k.ini file is inside the skin.ini under [4k]. if there is none, make one
Older skins used to have mania configuration in separate ini files. Now, this no longer works

to make the code work for them again, start with the following:
[Mania]
Keys: <YOUR KEY COUNT HERE>
and after that, you can paste the stuff that was there