forum

[Ask] I want to ask about blue switches keyboard

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
VerizoN
Hi, guys. I've been using CMStorm QuickFire XT Blue switches keyboard for like 4 months. But I still haven't got used to it. I can't single tap on most of the 5.6*+ or 190bpm maps. Is blue switches not so good for playing osu? Most of the time, the rhythm just goes off when I tap more than 7 notes.
As far as my knowledge goes, most of the top players are using either brown or red switches. Maybe I just suck.
Another question, if anyone is using blue switches, please tell me how to tap without using too much strength. I unconsciously tap harder as song goes on.

And...I went to the doctor 'cuz my wrist hurt from using blue switches, it never happened to me when I was using normal keyboard. Should I give up on mechanical keyboard? Or blue switches just not my thing.
shiyuri
<deleted>
Pawsu
Moving to G&R.
Topic Starter
VerizoN

Shiyuri wrote:

Probably Gameplay and Rankings would have been the better forum to ask this.

But to answer your question: It's really just preference. I'm currently using red switches, but I will change to blue switches soon because I like the feeling more. I'm sure you can be just as good using blue switches as other players using red switches. It's just preference and of course practice.

There are many players that are very good in osu! and use or have used blue switches.
You're right, it's only been few months. I'll keep it going. Thanks!
Llahmah 2
Blue has more weight than some other switches plus a tactile bump. They aren't the best but they are far from bad.
Mints
I just bought and switched to red switches today. I'll tell you this from the point of view of someone who played 4 years of blue switches. If you trained up your aim and strength and stamina with blue switch, when u switch to red switches, you'll improve tremendously (just did a 275pp play after switching). Or mayb its just me, but red switches are easier to play with overall.