TO-MAS feat. Chima - FLIP FLAP FLIP FLAP

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Lanturn
And SB finished... Not bad for something quickly thrown together >_<
Monstrata
Slider Tickrate isn't 1.71... literally unrankable.

01:44:193 (2) - If you care, this is 1.19 with stacking enabled.
03:46:244 (2) - ^1.15
Topic Starter
Lanturn

Monstrata wrote:

Slider Tickrate isn't 1.71... literally unrankable.

01:44:193 (2) - If you care, this is 1.19 with stacking enabled.
03:46:244 (2) - ^1.15
Rip this map.

I did solve the stacking thing with leniency 1 thanks to you. o/

All updated now.
Zero__wind
I'd say the SB is pretty nice!
just maybe we should enable the epilepsy warning for it as the intro animation can be kinda flahsy

nothing else to complain about
call me when you're ready
Topic Starter
Lanturn
Will do after work then. Thanks Zero!

and updated!
Zero__wind
Good
Bubble #1
Ashton
this map is just a bunch of abstract shapes thrown together with copy paste missing a lot of important beats, you are literaly just mapping the basic 1/1 when there are a lot more beats that could have been mapped. Seeing this is CS 7, i'm guessing your meaning this to be played by not beginners, so there's no need in missing a bunch of beat. Your coming up wiith random abstract shapes and copy pasting them, for an easy rank. Yes, some shapes actually look interesting and cool, but other times the slider shapes look awkward like 00:23:681 (1,2,3,4) - these ones. There's really no reason for them to be shaped like that, considering your previous abstract shapes were symmetrical. I like the concept of the map, but you can certainly make the rhythm more dense, and well, make it less boring. right now it's literally just cool abstracted slider shapes with honestly most of the time they are super undermapped or completely ignoring the song.

00:29:322 - here there's a pretty distinctive beat here, along with 00:31:373 - 00:45:732 - 00:47:783 - this list can go on and one

tldr; map isn't made for beginners, because cs7 and beginners/noobies don't play and cant play cs7 properly, which means you shouldn't keep rhythm simple - your missing a ton of beats, pretty much, 01:17:014 (1,2) - if you look at this pattern, your missing beats 01:17:527 - here (which is pretty loud) 01:19:578 01:19:578 - and here, this happens through your whole map, also, 01:17:014 - this is clickable while 01:18:552 - this isn't?? 01:18:552 - this note is way more intense then the actual clickable one, so this should be clickable. And as pointed out before, you miss the beats completely 01:17:527 - here.

your map should look like 03:31:372 (1,2,3,4) - this, not 03:29:321 (3) - this. Not a bunch of sliderart spam.

keep in mind this happens through your whole map
Topic Starter
Lanturn

Canadian Baka wrote:

this map is just a bunch of abstract shapes thrown together with copy paste missing a lot of important beats, you are literaly just mapping the basic 1/1 when there are a lot more beats that could have been mapped. Seeing this is CS 7, i'm guessing your meaning this to be played by not beginners, so there's no need in missing a bunch of beat. Your coming up wiith random abstract shapes and copy pasting them, for an easy rank. Yes, some shapes actually look interesting and cool, but other times the slider shapes look awkward like 00:23:681 (1,2,3,4) - these ones. There's really no reason for them to be shaped like that, considering your previous abstract shapes were symmetrical. I like the concept of the map, but you can certainly make the rhythm more dense, and well, make it less boring. right now it's literally just cool abstracted slider shapes with honestly most of the time they are super undermapped or completely ignoring the song.

First off, I mentioned this earlier, but this map doesn't follow any sort of difficulty level using the current system. It does however, have a consistent difficulty of whatever it is. Meaning if you can play part of this map, you should be able to play the whole thing. Which ironically isn't what most maps do these days. They'll usually have one part with a super high spike of difficulty for the free PPs lol. If I was to go by difficulty on this set. The rhythm would be at the Easy level, the note placement on the map would be in the Easy/Normal range, and the CS is not actually in the ruleset believe it or not, though it would probably be recommended for hard or above if it was. The nice thing about single diff / marathon sets is that it doesn't need to be a specific difficulty (Easy/Normal/Hard etc) since there isn't another map in the set to create a spread, so I'm free to create my own piece as long as it's consistent enough.

About 00:23:681 (1,2,3,4) - These are tbh one of the more interesting shapes in the map. The little hook they have and how it shoots them off into the next slider is pretty fun to play. I know you were just giving an example, but there's a reason to that one at the very least ;)

00:29:322 - here there's a pretty distinctive beat here, along with 00:31:373 - 00:45:732 - 00:47:783 - this list can go on and one

About 00:29:322 - and the rest there. This uses the vocals to emphasize them. At the start the vocals feel more active so it warrants a stronger beat. when it gets to the 2/1 sliders, the vocals feel a bit more calm and held a longer, and the reverse slider afterwards uses the red nodes to bounce the vocals on its return while still maintaining a rhythm that gets calmer each time

tldr; map isn't made for beginners, because cs7 and beginners/noobies don't play and cant play cs7 properly, which means you shouldn't keep rhythm simple - your missing a ton of beats, pretty much, 01:17:014 (1,2) - if you look at this pattern, your missing beats 01:17:527 - here (which is pretty loud) 01:19:578 01:19:578 - and here, this happens through your whole map, also, 01:17:014 - this is clickable while 01:18:552 - this isn't?? 01:18:552 - this note is way more intense then the actual clickable one, so this should be clickable. And as pointed out before, you miss the beats completely 01:17:527 - here.

your map should look like 03:31:372 (1,2,3,4) - this, not 03:29:321 (3) - this. Not a bunch of sliderart spam.

Actually the 3:31 here is the runt of the litter as it should have matched the other three if I was going to make it consistent. Aside this though, the longer sliders are actually used in opposite of what you think they should be. Instead of mapping to the fast 1/2 vocals through 1/1 sliders or yikes, 1/2 sliders, the slider ticks do the job here. obviously this won't convince you, so another reason is the synth thingy playing in the background which are long held sounds. Add the 'feeling' I got when I was making this map (before I made changes with the gimmick) and this is how I believe it should be played. For the dominant note / clickable note thing. Sure I could go that way, but why can't it be the way I put it. The above has some fairly decent explanations why I did so as well.

keep in mind this happens through your whole map
I made this map with a gimmick in mind (though the gimmick came about halfway into making this lol), so there are a few inconsistencies. However, these inconsistencies are not so huge that they would affect the quality of the map to make or break them. Since this is a slider heavy map, I went and used a bit of variety throughout the whole thing. one could say that the variety of the sliders will actually make sliders somewhat difficult to play in conjunction with the High CS.

Thanks for the opinions on the map. Hopefully this answers mostly everything :?
Ashton
Tbh the only effort I see you put into this map is sliders and copy pasting, good job on rank tho (it all seems very lazy) mostly because you undermap a lot of parts. Keep in mind even easies in normal mapsets have a more complex rhythm
Topic Starter
Lanturn
Using symmetry is a pretty common mapping technique. There are plenty of excellent mappers who make their whole maps by doing so. Gero is one of my favorite mappers because of how well he executes his symmetry mapping.

The only one who knows how much effort I put into this is myself. The most I can give you is an idea of it if you're interested.

I try to keep symmetry while maintaining a perfect 1.17 DS outside of the few stacked notes, adjusting rhythms, and then having to remap/move a bunch to fit the symmetry back in to get that 1.71 SR, 777 combo, and 171 notes. Quite a few sliders also took 5-10 mins to get perfectly because of this at some points, especially when I had to go back and readjust some while still attempting to keep symmetry. Basically this means symmetry was used as an additional challenge, not used to be lazy lol. I could have made this map 10x faster if I just mapped randomly since it would be simple adjustments to keep 1.17 DS. Fixing one problem chains into the next 20-30 notes that need to be fixed.

I also went and added an optional storyboard which actually took me a good few hours to finish.. and some because I forgot to save after like 30 minutes of work lol.

As I mentioned earlier, the difficulty level wasn't the main focus of the map. Even if some parts feel undermapped, there are reasons and it does them consistently enough. I don't really have anything else to say about it.

This map for me was more of a challenge to map than a generic insane difficulty to be honest. I'm not expecting the majority of people to actually figure out or appreciate the stuff I did in this, but if a few people do, (this stuff would apply more towards mappers) then I'm perfectly happy.

I dunno. I'm not trying to convince you or anything, but I wanted to at least point out that I did actually put effort into this map, and I'm not aiming for some easy rank because of this. Also, I'm pretty sure more people will actually come in saying the same thing as you, so I might as well post this early to avoid headaches later on.

Typing at 5am in the morning doesn't really help either. Anyways, hopefully this provides a little more insight into what I did with the map :?
Ashton
I have nothing against the map lol

It's a cool mapping style, but honestly one I personally as a player don't find very appealing or fun... others probably will tho

good job
Monstrata
We fixed some minor visuals. This is art.

Bubble #2. Well done!
Topic Starter
Lanturn
thanks Monstrata :D
Gordon123
good luck owo
Gero
Hey, Lanturn!

I've checked your mapset, and I just have one suggestion to improve two sliders, 02:24:706 (1,2) - I think the curve of these two could be more softer than how they're right now, what do you think about this?

[HitObjects]
72,192,144706,6,0,B|116:236|116:236|76:244|56:276|52:320|76:356|135:365|160:329,1,273.780001044388,2|0,0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
440,192,146758,2,0,B|396:236|396:236|436:244|456:276|460:320|436:356|377:365|352:329,1,273.780001044388,2|0,0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:

Here's the code if you want to take the suggestion, otherwise send me a Forum PM to Qualify it.
The rest is perfect for my eyes, I've enjoyed the whole difficulty a lot, good job at this.
Topic Starter
Lanturn
Alright. thank you :D
Topic Starter
Lanturn
It definitely looks a lot nicer, but the problem is the DS. It doesn't use 1.17 if I use your suggestion sadly so I actually can't use it :(

we talked and Gero managed to make something perfect for it.
Gero
~ Approved (Qua1i.71ed) ~
Topic Starter
Lanturn
Thank you for the help Gero! You're #1 when it comes to symmetry :D

Also thanks to pishifat for fixing the bug. I really appreciate it!
Monstrata
User Rating isn't 1.71. Please dq...
Topic Starter
Lanturn
Everyone vote 1s and 7s
Izzywing
apologies for ruining the kds counts :^)
Gaia
but ur 4 months early D:
grats tho hue
Pachiru
That FLIP FLAP sound reminds me something ... (⌐□_□)

Congratz anyway Lanturn :)
Aurele

Pachiru wrote:

That FLIP FLAP sound reminds me something ... (⌐□_□)

Congratz anyway Lanturn :)
lewd

brilliant map.
Riari
flip flap xd
Ashton
Nozhomi
Sacrifice emphasis, strong beats and undermap it just for a concept with two number don't really fit what mapping should reflect imo.
Sad for that song ;w;
Xinnoh
Wow you even managed to fit more 7s and 1s into the object count, nice planning and fun map :)
Lama Poluna
ok, better to rank this shit than this
Monstrata

All is well in the world again.
Jean-Michel Jr
pls dq

No really, congrats, I love how you find 1s and 7s where you expect it the less
Okoratu
Gomen ne, Iiko ja Irarenai. hitsounding flashbacks, ping pong ball hitsounding

this will haunt me forever

cool concept i thought it would be in some way related to flip flappers but it's just the song's bpm isn't it
or am i missing something
Topic Starter
Lanturn
F71P F7AP F71P F7AP

I tried

and yes, ping pong makes its glorius return! Glad someone recognized them!
Kaeldori
rest in peace :( forever 1.71* in our heart
Topic Starter
Lanturn
:(