Normal mod from my queue
- You probably want to mute the sliders-slide or make them sound lower. Personal opinion here, but they stand out a lot in some points of the song; like the first main verse 00:21:818 - ~
[ Endless ]Really cool map. The design it’s simple but really well done and consistent which works great with the music. Storyboard is really cool as well. I wish good luck with this set and hope that you can find a BN soon since there isn’t much to question about this map choices.
About the intro 00:00:000 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2) – I have a few suggestions to improve mostly the spacing consistency. It doesn’t really affect that much in gameplay, but can provide more polishment.
- I believe that this sliders overlaps 00:01:363 (4,6) - /00:01:363 (4,1) -/00:02:727 (1,4) – could be avoided, considering how you mapped the same section afterwards 00:12:272 (4,6) - /00:12:272 (4,1) - . This won’t need major modifications, probably keeping it all linear wise flow and changing a bit the slider shapes could be enough to improve this.
- About this intro I also recommend improving the spacing consistency of stacks. The rhythm on this first intro has basically two major gaps; 00:00:511 (2,3) – gaps that are 1/1 + ½ beats away from each other object and gaps that are only 1/1 00:03:238 (2,3) – away from each other. Currently you’re making all of them stacked to stop movement and show the break on the song rhythm. That’s all correct, my suggestion tho, is about making the gaps be mapped in a slightly different way. For example, to emphasize more the break, you could make the bigger maps be mapped as full stack like they’re now, and the 1/1 gaps 00:03:238 (2,3) - be mapped as little overlaps, like this https://puu.sh/uskC8.jpg to show that they’re still breaks, but not so long as the ones from the stack. Another example of a spot you could apply the same logic is here 00:40:909 (1,1,1,1) - .
- 00:20:965 (1,2,3,1) – This pattern could be improved both visually and gameplay wise. First thing I’d recommend is not stacking this here 00:20:965 (1,2) - . It really breaks the consistency of how you mapped the intro about the stack logic. About the spacing and positioning I’ll suggest two alternatives; https://puu.sh/usljp.jpg on this first suggestion 00:21:136 (2) – the sliderhead of this slider is stacked with this slider end 00:20:454 (5) – and 00:20:965 (1) – is positioned under the 00:20:454 (5) - . Also the body of the sliders no longer overlap and now blanket. This idea tho has a different spacing idea from your original pattern mostly because to get this visual I had to sacrifice the consistency spacing from 00:21:136 (2,3) – to 00:21:477 (3,1) - . A similar idea could be this https://puu.sh/uslEk.jpg , also in both this suggestions I didn’t change this slider at all 00:21:477 (3) - . However if you want to keep the distance similar to your original pattern making the distance here 00:21:136 (2,3) – smaller than the distance here 00:21:477 (3,1) – try this one https://puu.sh/uslQ0.jpg instead.
- Rotate this slider here 00:21:818 (1) – “-3º” to improve a bit of the blanket.
- Are you sure about this rhythm choice here 00:31:875 (3,4,5) - ? I don’t see a reason to make the slider end here 00:32:130 – instead of the regular beat here 00:32:045 - . Making this slider 1/4 is effective in making the whole pattern stay inside the regular rhythm of white/red ticks . https://puu.sh/usmdP.jpg
- You could make stacks on objects that are 1/4 away from each other and while on white/red ticks 00:24:545 (1,2) - like you did here and make the blue ticks as overlap streams 00:25:823 (6,1) – like you did here to keep it more consistent and intuitive. This would imply in making all patterns like this 00:31:022 (4,5,1) – with hitcircles on blueticks never stack, but overlap, while keeping extended sliders that ends on blueticks more consistently mapped. Basically whenever it’s a extend slider idea https://puu.sh/usmxQ.jpg make an option of stack or overlap and when it’s a case of this https://puu.sh/usmAB.jpg make it mapped in a different way.
- Rotate this slider 01:38:863 (4) – “-15º” and the next slider 01:39:204 (5) – “+15º” to both avoid this overlap 01:38:181 (1,4) – and improve the pattern visual of this slider 01:39:204 (5) – in relation with the next two circles 01:39:545 (1,2) -
- A suggestion for this two sliders 02:50:454 (1,2) – is to make the sliderend of 02:50:454 (1) – positioned right in the middle of the next slider 02:50:965 (2) - . Just to show what it could look like https://puu.sh/usnoM.jpg
- Are you sure about decreasing the spacing at this spot here 02:52:500 (3,4,1) - ? I feel like if you want to give more emphasis to this sound here 02:53:181 (1) – you could ctrol+g this slider 02:53:181 (1) – to make it flow as the sliders before 02:51:818 (1,2) -/ 02:52:500 (3,4) -/ but this time more sharpened 02:52:840 (4,1) - .
- Now this really breaks the consistency of how you were dealing with extended sliders 03:05:454 (1,2) - . So far all 3/4 sliders were stacked with the next object/sliders and this one is overlap. Not sure why, since I can’t really tell if song got any different here, but it seems to me it didn’t. Just to show you that really close to this point there’s a stack of the same extended slider 03:06:818 (1,2) - and then you change once again to overlap 03:10:909 (1,2) - / 03:12:272 (1,2) - . Make a more clear decision on this chorus about either stacking them or overlapping them.