Really nice map~!
Thanks, I'm glad you like it~
Kroytz wrote:Really nice map~!
Thank you for this very comprehensive mod! Wish I could kudos you twice. I never paid much attention to proper emphasis so this really helped me see what I was neglecting before.
-Mo- wrote:-Mo-d Queue
- Your banner doesn't work with people who have osu!direct.
I shall bug our Banner Technician to fix it! o7
- 1920x1080 is the maximum dimensions allowed for SB sprites. flare.jpg is 2000x2000.
Not sure how I missed that. Downsized to 1000x1000 and doubled sprite scaling in the SB.
- Unused files:
- 03:16:704 - 05:05:539 - 20 seconnds for a break is pretty long and are pretty boring in my opinion. You could map parts of it with slow sliders or spinners maybe.
Will address this when I find a bit more time, placed 2 spinners for now but I'm not exactly a fan of those, especially in quiet sections of the song.
- 00:00:000 - Make it so both your inherited and uninherited points are using the same sound samples so it doesn't break anything. Currently the red is using the default soft while the green is using the custom soft.
- 04:18:750 - The lyrics say "mou, もう" at this point so I would consider adjusting your lyrics as such.
Not sure how I missed that, fixed
- 04:36:818 - It's hard to see "Kimi wa, 君は" so high up in the screen there, so I guess move it? It looks like a mistake to me though.
Lyrics were positioned using a randomly generating coordinate algorithm so it appearing up there wasn't exactly intended. Shortened range to spawn closer to the screen center.
- 05:05:795 - Any reason for not SBing the words "Tell me"?
The male vocalist adds a lot of shorter lines throughout the song, most of which seemed a bit off so I wasn't sure how to deal with those. Added this and a couple "Yeah"s
- 06:03:579 - Maybe consider moving the "te, て" to this point since that's where that sound is.
My mistake again, fixed!
Very nice SB though. Thank you! I would also like to thank you for actually modding the SB too and pointing out inconsistencies/errors. A lot of people seem to skip that which leaves me wondering if I made any mistakes.
- 01:21:477 (4,5,1) - Seems kinda odd to have 4-5 be larger spacing than 5-1 if you listen to the emphasis of those beats.
- 01:28:977 (2) - Maybe consider a Ctrl+G so that the spacing 1-2 isn't so short and that it continues circular flow? I'd say smoother flow and larger spacing suits better.
Good idea! Changed. Also changed following pattern to flow better.
- 01:29:488 (4,5,6) - Similar point to before, I feel having 4-5 be larger spacing compared to 5-6 would be better to emphasise the click.
- 01:30:511 (2) - Maybe stack this ontop of 01:31:022 (4) so that there's some better spacing emphasis through this combo?
Looks a bit weird but it's definitely better than before. Will use this unless I come up with something better
- 01:35:113 (7) - Similar thing again. Fancy patterning, I'll give you that, but I would avoid making 6-7 have small spacing, especially after you emphasised 3 and 5.
- 01:36:818 (1) -I swear these combo color ninjas keep sabotaging my map . This has happened before out of nowhere.
- 01:42:784 (3,4,5) - Minor thing, the stack looks like it messed up.
You're correct, fixed
- 01:43:636 (1,2) - I'd probably increase the spacing of these to emphasise the (synth? piano?) sound.
- 01:45:000 (5) - NC here for consistency.
- 01:45:852 (10,11) - Stacking these seems to be inconsistent with how you mapped these sounds, and doesn't really emphasise the kick and click sounds right in my opinion.
Changed pattern a bit to deal with this and another emphasis error.
- 02:40:227 (5,6) - Minor thing, you could pair these and make them the same shape so it looks neater.
Sounds good, done
- 02:58:125 - Instead of missing the kick sound with the 1/1 slider, you could make 02:57:954 (3) a reverse to map it instead.
Changed pattern to play better, also changed slider into a return slider
- 02:59:659 - I don't think mapping the kick to a passive slider end is a good idea given that all other clicks have been on an active beat so far.
Fair point, replaced slider with 2 spaced notes
- 03:02:556 (6,1) - Spacing emphasis thing, maybe move this further apart.
- 03:39:034 (5,6) - As before, I would unstack these to emphasise the kick and click sounds better.
Changed entire pattern to follow proper emphasis (I didn't like the previous one either way)
Spacing emphasis things:
03:54:375 (6,1) - Fixed
04:32:386 (8,9,1) - ^
04:34:772 (5,6) - Not my part, I have no power here
05:32:215 (3,1) - Moved 1 a bit further away but it feels weird now. Will probably change again later
06:13:636 (1,2) - Fixed, and stacked the following triplet to avoid awkward flow
06:18:409 (4,5,6) - Fixed
06:36:988 (2,3) - ^
06:45:000 (1,2,3) - ^
- 04:45:000 (1) - I would adjust the curve of this so it's not so sharp so that it looks a little smoother.That looks better indeed, changed
- 06:44:318 (3,4) - I would probably pair these and make these the same shape too.
Probably because storyboarding is a lot more lenient in terms of creativity, so most people just assume it's fine.
Kawa wrote:A lot of people seem to skip that which leaves me wondering if I made any mistakes.
Thanks for the mod.
-Mo- wrote:-Mo-d Queue
- Your banner doesn't work with people who have osu!direct.I have been bugged by our Executive Map Producer to fix this o7
Hathz That's me
- 00:20:454 (5,1,2) - This stacking looks kinda weird to me in my opinion. I'd try to fix this so that it stacks as normal. Moved it slightly so it's stacked in a straight line, other than that I prefer it to be stacked this way similar to 00:40:909 (1,1,1,1)
- 01:54:204 (5) - Maybe Ctrl+G or rotate this around since this is a fairly different sound to 01:53:863 (4) so it's probably better if the flow is different too. Edited slightly
- 01:55:568 (5,2) - Minor off stack thing if you care about that. Fixed
- 02:12:784 (3,4,5) - Poor spacing emphasis in my opinion, the click sound is stronger than the others so I would expect 4-5 to have larger spacing. However the spacing on 02:13:295 (5,1) is larger afterwards which has more impact in the music so I prefer to emphasize that one instead of a random kick
- 02:18:409 (3,4) - I'm not sure if the music calls for continuing with increasing the spacing in my opinion. It creates a nice back-and-forth pattern and kind of a build-up for the kick on 02:19:090 (1)
- 02:54:034 (1) - I would space this further away to emphasise the kick sound personally. Changed the pattern a bit
- 03:15:170 (2,1) - Personally I would prefer these as circles to make triples, but its up to you. Sliders are cool
- 04:10:568 (7,8,1) - 04:55:227 (3,4,5) - 05:01:875 (2,3,4,1) - 06:21:477 (5,1) - Spacing emphasis thing. Right
- 06:22:500 (4,5,6) - I don't think I like having such a linear flow for these beats, given that in most other places angles are used to emphasise these beats better. Fair point, edited slightly
- 07:04:431 (2,1) - This is poor polarity sine you would normally expect the timing to be a consistent 1/2 rhythm when you suddenly offset this. A potential fix could be making 07:04:431 (2) a slider? I'm gonna leave it for now, there is a NC on the circle to hint at this
- 04:34:772 (5,6) - This one seems alright to me
Thanks again for the help and for rechecking and spotting my careless blunders! o/
-Mo- wrote:Probably because storyboarding is a lot more lenient in terms of creativity, so most people just assume it's fine.
Kawa wrote:A lot of people seem to skip that which leaves me wondering if I made any mistakes.
I can't deny that
Randomly generating the position of the lyrics is interesting to say the least. Something as structured as lyrics for a song I would personally give a proper structure to, but this seems to work quite well.
Following a strict structure was my intention at first, but all attempts turned rather awkward due to varying length and duration of the lyrics lines, so I went with a more random approach that "follows the flying orbs around"
Also I think you forgot to remove もう from the line 04:19:090.
Right you are! This is what happens when I try to be productive at 2 AM
06:31:704 - And I think this is supposed to be "僕は"?
And it may need repeating at 06:42:613 - 06:54:731 - 07:04:772 -
I'm always happy to support anyone that's doing a storyboard.
I'm glad to hear that!
Thanks for modding!
Arbane wrote:Hello! Bad mod from my queue Any kind of mod is helpful! o/
01:15:596 (4,5) - Maybe change the slidershape here a bit and move the circle so it doesn't overlap. Kinda like this https://puu.sh/ujMad/a4a799f078.jpg
Changed the curve and moved 5
01:29:318 (3,4,5,6,1) - This flows very badly. Maybe do something like this instead https://puu.sh/ujMjG/5f94d8bab2.jpg
I think the way it was before is fine but I can try this too, changed for now
01:37:159 (3,4) - There's a lot of waiting inbetween the kickslider and the stack which can be pretty uncomfortable to play. Consider doing something like this instead https://puu.sh/ujMJa/4ce291b840.jpg or maybe even this https://puu.sh/ujMNj/d9eb4c8b2f.jpg
The first example wouldn't work because the 3 slider ends on a strong beat which should be clicked and not held in this case.
The second example feels a bit overmapped because there's no distinct sound on 5's sliderend.
Instead, I increased the spacing a bit between the kickslider and the following stream. That should reduce the "waiting" between the objects and make it more comfortable.
02:32:727 (1) - I this supposed to not overlap?
Looks like the slider somehow moved by itself, fixed
02:32:727 - A lot of this kiai section flows badly (Some examples being this
02:34:090 (1,2) - Curved 1 and moved 2 more in-line
02:56:250 (2,3,4,5,6) - Moved 3, 4 and 5 a bit to flow better
Try following along with the map in the editor and look for movement that feels clunky or abnormal to play and try fixing it.
I usually do that but a lot of patterns that seem odd to other people feel fine to me...
04:21:818 - It might just be me being a dumbass because of the fact that i am modding this late at night and i am very tired but i think the overall spacing during the first kiai section was larger. If it was then fix it ez if i'm wrong don't give me kudosu i don't deserve it f**k
You're not wrong, the first kiai had lower spacing than the rest at first so I had to buff it a bit. But I may have gone a bit too far, resulting in this. Reduced the spacing in some sections slightly and fixed some fugly sliders.
06:17:045 (4,5,6,7) - This flows pretty badly.
Same as 01:29:318 (3,4,5,6,1) - it feels normal to me. Changed it to be a bit more snappy.
06:17:556 (7,1) - Needs larger spacing.
06:20:795 (1,2) - I've mentioned this before. there's waiting inbetween the kickslider and blah blah blah its not comfy to play.
Same as 01:37:159 (3,4) - increased spacing between the objects.
06:42:613 (3,4) - ^
TIL modding dnb is hard.
Sick storyboard btw. Thanks~
Arbane wrote:00:34:602 (2,3,4) - This flows pretty badly. It seems fine to me
00:39:545 (1,2,3,4) - I think the spacing here is a bit too large. Consider nerfing it slightly. Muh symmetry!
02:16:363 (1) - I think this jump should be larger to put more emphasis on the hitfinish. Fair enough
02:18:068 (2) - Ctrl - G Will keep for now
02:18:750 (4) - ^ ^
04:08:522 (2,3) - I think the spacing here is a bit too large. Muh symmetry tho!
04:41:590 (3) - Ctrl - G Why? It plays fine like this
04:41:931 - ^ ^
06:56:250 (2,3,4) - Spacing here is too large. It looks cool tho
06:57:954 (3) - Don't like how you ignored a kick here. Fixed
Trynna wrote:daoko is my gurl bae
- 00:02:727 (1,4) - aesthetics hurts, maybe you would like to just put the middle of 00:03:750 (4) - overlapping the 00:02:727 (1) - slider tail, just to avoid the eyes bleed example thing sure
- 00:04:090 (5,6) - when you consider 00:04:261 - and 00:04:602 - being pretty similar, you might want to switch them. Indeed this is triggering me, mainly cuz 00:04:090 (5,6,7,8) - looks way too generic or something and looks like following nothing when the vocal calls for something different however, on 00:04:431 (6) there is a clap which I don't want to map with a slider-end, and in general I think this follows the song okay
- 00:15:000 (1) - maybe would be nic to avoid this NC since you were following it at every 2 [big white ticks] (yea i hate to say this) on the calm part. Examples: 00:04:090 (5) - 00:06:818 (4) - etc. The same goes to 00:17:727 (1) - oops missed that
- 00:26:931 (5) - i'd decrease the y value by 1 just to make the 00:26:761 (4) - approach get into the middle of the slider and stuff, something like 16 | 204 should work, but it's just way too nazi, up to you Well I mean, whatever
- 00:28:636 (1,2) - as i pointed before, i'd switch them, the notes here are not following the vocal well, you already did it on patterns like these 00:26:250 (2,3) - too, just pointing out to give examples lol But again the drum clap would end up on the slider-end
- 01:51:818 (1,2) - i really dislike the way these are so close from each other, you know, player will not get at the slider tail and then come back to this circle, the player will come close to the slider tail and then hit the circle, which makes it a bit weird I'm not sure I agree on that, but mended the blanket a bit anyway~
- 02:21:818 (1,2,3) - the spacing difference and the overlap on 02:21:306 (5) - (editor only, not applied to gameplay) makes it weird aesthetically, maybe if you do something like this it can be at the middle of 02:21:306 (5,7) - and with the same spacing Fixed that part a bit
- 02:23:863 - i kinda dislike avoiding this sound, is just strong enough Fixed... something? .3.
- 02:49:772 (1) - why nc? same to 02:51:818 (1) - and 02:54:034 (1) - oops? (x
- 05:04:090 (1,2,1,2) - just a suggestion but maybe this would be cool since 05:04:602 (2) - looks pretty random actually Sure that looks better
Thank you for the mod.
Trynna wrote:Kawa's response:
- 01:26:250 (1) - is this really necessary? like, you were doing 4 combo on the slider section and on the 1/2 jumps section, but they actually looks like "oh ok, it can be splitted to create a better pattern and stuff" but the stream really looks like something homogeneous
- 01:34:090 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - this looks just mess. making a cool and clean pattern like this isn't that hard, just copy the first 2 circles and then ctrl shit r rotate by 120º. Actually 01:34:431 (3,4,5,6) - looks almost the same thing
Easier way would be just using CTRL + Shift + D with 6 points (which is what I did to fix it now)
but 01:34:090 (1,2) - is just a pain to see, it actually makes the pattern weird and linear, which is not a gameplay problem since the notes are close, but still
Stacked 01:34:005 (5,1) - on the sliderend and changed the following pattern to emphasize beats with larger spacing, which in turn removes the linear movement
Net0 wrote:[ Endless ]Really cool map. The design it’s simple but really well done and consistent which works great with the music. Storyboard is really cool as well. I wish good luck with this set and hope that you can find a BN soon since there isn’t much to question about this map choices.
About the intro 00:00:000 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2) – I have a few suggestions to improve mostly the spacing consistency. It doesn’t really affect that much in gameplay, but can provide more polishment. :thinking:
- I believe that this sliders overlaps 00:01:363 (4,6) - /00:01:363 (4,1) -/00:02:727 (1,4) – could be avoided, considering how you mapped the same section afterwards 00:12:272 (4,6) - /00:12:272 (4,1) - . This won’t need major modifications, probably keeping it all linear wise flow and changing a bit the slider shapes could be enough to improve this. While there are indeed slider overlaps, they are for the most part not actually visibly overlapping when playing. Because of this I don't see a reason to change it.
- About this intro I also recommend improving the spacing consistency of stacks. The rhythm on this first intro has basically two major gaps; 00:00:511 (2,3) – gaps that are 1/1 + ½ beats away from each other object and gaps that are only 1/1 00:03:238 (2,3) – away from each other. Currently you’re making all of them stacked to stop movement and show the break on the song rhythm. That’s all correct, my suggestion tho, is about making the gaps be mapped in a slightly different way. For example, to emphasize more the break, you could make the bigger maps be mapped as full stack like they’re now, and the 1/1 gaps 00:03:238 (2,3) - be mapped as little overlaps, like this https://puu.sh/uskC8.jpg to show that they’re still breaks, but not so long as the ones from the stack. Another example of a spot you could apply the same logic is here 00:40:909 (1,1,1,1) - . Fair enough.
- 00:20:965 (1,2,3,1) – This pattern could be improved both visually and gameplay wise. First thing I’d recommend is not stacking this here 00:20:965 (1,2) - . It really breaks the consistency of how you mapped the intro about the stack logic. About the spacing and positioning I’ll suggest two alternatives; https://puu.sh/usljp.jpg on this first suggestion 00:21:136 (2) – the sliderhead of this slider is stacked with this slider end 00:20:454 (5) – and 00:20:965 (1) – is positioned under the 00:20:454 (5) - . Also the body of the sliders no longer overlap and now blanket. This idea tho has a different spacing idea from your original pattern mostly because to get this visual I had to sacrifice the consistency spacing from 00:21:136 (2,3) – to 00:21:477 (3,1) - . A similar idea could be this https://puu.sh/uslEk.jpg , also in both this suggestions I didn’t change this slider at all 00:21:477 (3) - . However if you want to keep the distance similar to your original pattern making the distance here 00:21:136 (2,3) – smaller than the distance here 00:21:477 (3,1) – try this one https://puu.sh/uslQ0.jpg instead. Edited somewhat
- Rotate this slider here 00:21:818 (1) – “-3º” to improve a bit of the blanket. Le blanked fixed
- Are you sure about this rhythm choice here 00:31:875 (3,4,5) - ? I don’t see a reason to make the slider end here 00:32:130 – instead of the regular beat here 00:32:045 - . Making this slider 1/4 is effective in making the whole pattern stay inside the regular rhythm of white/red ticks . https://puu.sh/usmdP.jpg 1/2 plays better in my opinion.
- You could make stacks on objects that are 1/4 away from each other and while on white/red ticks 00:24:545 (1,2) - like you did here and make the blue ticks as overlap streams 00:25:823 (6,1) – like you did here to keep it more consistent and intuitive. This would imply in making all patterns like this 00:31:022 (4,5,1) – with hitcircles on blueticks never stack, but overlap, while keeping extended sliders that ends on blueticks more consistently mapped. Basically whenever it’s a extend slider idea https://puu.sh/usmxQ.jpg make an option of stack or overlap and when it’s a case of this https://puu.sh/usmAB.jpg make it mapped in a different way. I think putting spacing between those looks ugly, so I don't do it. Except when it might improve the flow. For now not going to change anything.
- A suggestion for this two sliders 02:50:454 (1,2) – is to make the sliderend of 02:50:454 (1) – positioned right in the middle of the next slider 02:50:965 (2) - . Just to show what it could look like https://puu.sh/usnoM.jpg Why not
- Are you sure about decreasing the spacing at this spot here 02:52:500 (3,4,1) - ? I feel like if you want to give more emphasis to this sound here 02:53:181 (1) – you could ctrol+g this slider 02:53:181 (1) – to make it flow as the sliders before 02:51:818 (1,2) -/ 02:52:500 (3,4) -/ but this time more sharpened 02:52:840 (4,1) - . Sure
- Now this really breaks the consistency of how you were dealing with extended sliders 03:05:454 (1,2) - . So far all 3/4 sliders were stacked with the next object/sliders and this one is overlap. Not sure why, since I can’t really tell if song got any different here, but it seems to me it didn’t. Just to show you that really close to this point there’s a stack of the same extended slider 03:06:818 (1,2) - and then you change once again to overlap 03:10:909 (1,2) - / 03:12:272 (1,2) - . Make a more clear decision on this chorus about either stacking them or overlapping them. Fixed
Thanks for the mod! o/
Net0 wrote:Normal mod from my queue[General]
- You probably want to mute the sliders-slide or make them sound lower. Personal opinion here, but they stand out a lot in some points of the song; like the first main verse 00:21:818 - ~
Reduced the volume of soft-sliderslide.wav, that should do the trick[ Endless ]Really cool map. The design it’s simple but really well done and consistent which works great with the music. Storyboard is really cool as well. I wish good luck with this set and hope that you can find a BN soon since there isn’t much to question about this map choices.
- Rotate this slider 01:38:863 (4) – “-15º” and the next slider 01:39:204 (5) – “+15º” to both avoid this overlap 01:38:181 (1,4) – and improve the pattern visual of this slider 01:39:204 (5) – in relation with the next two circles 01:39:545 (1,2) -
Good idea, did exactly that! (That overlap was bugging me anyways, not sure why I didn't change it sooner...)
Thank you! Quite a lot of work has been put into it ^^; I'd prefer to get a couple more mods before I start chasing after BNs, I always feel like something could still be improved.
Lumario wrote:Nice Storyboard (^-^)
Thanks a lot for the mod! :3
Warpyc wrote:ayy from queue
Gotta say this storyboard is really something else, easily rivals some of the best ones I know like EOS and Sweet Dreams. Outright amazing
Thank you! But I'm nowhere near the level of all those amazing storyboarders ^^; I still have a lot left to learn...
Hantz Hmmm... 🤔[list:1337]
01:15:596 (4) - This slider is a bit odd, it feels pretty weird to play and you're missing a piano note at 01:15:681 - or whatever that sound is
Removed the kinda overmapped notes & slider and just placed a hitcircle there now so it follows the 3 piano notes or whatever that sound is
01:25:909 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - What is up with the placement of this stream, following the flow it should be positioned somewhere on the right side. right now it's pretty much a 90-degree angle that also decreases in spacing, feels very off. I'd change it to something like this https://puu.sh/uEkmt/b24a5ef58e.png
Good point. Rotated stream by 180° and moved it to start at the the star pattern (similar to your suggestion)
02:38:693 (2,3,4,5,6) - I've noticed this quite a bit actually, sometimes it feels like the spacing is really big between these and sometimes really small. Not sure if it's worth trying to normalise the spacing but just an observation
I felt like emphasizing the kicks and snares in the song with higher spacing between notes. The spacing between all them was the same and plain at first until I learned about more proper beat emphasis
04:32:386 (8,9) - Spacing is way too low between these two considering how big it is between 04:32:215 (7,8) -
You're right, moved both notes a bit to decrease the 7->8 jump and increase the 8->9 one. Should be better now
04:48:238 (3,4) - shouldn't these be stacked on top of 04:48:409 (5) - feels very inconsistent otherwise
Sounds fair, stacked 3,4 on top of 5.
Good luck with the map, love the storyboard!
also excuse me if I placed suggestions on the wrong person too lazy to double check
All good here! o7