Hi, from #modreqsThanks for modding!
- 01:06:818 (1,2,3,4) - In this section other patterns like 01:05:454 (1,2,3) - 01:08:181 (1,2,3,4,1) - establish a circular flow that frequently reverses. I advise you make 01:07:329 (2,3,4) follow 1's circular flow and make 4 curve into 5. example
Done, I figured the slider already flows fine into the following note but curving it out a bit doesn't hurt
- 01:12:272 (1,2,3,4,5) - ^ etc.
- 01:23:522 (2,3) - Again, an issue with cirular flow. 01:21:818 (1,2,3,4,1,2) - these all follow the same circular flow, but 01:23:863 (3) reverses it even though the song's intensity is still unoformly building up. I suggest you make 3 and 4 follow the rest of the section's circular flow
Changed the slider position a bit, should be fine now
- 01:31:704 (3) - I suggest you flip this vertically to make the slider body reflect the general flow. To better lead the player into 4 I also suggest you tilt it slightly, like so
- 01:32:556 (7,1) - I suggest you bring 7 closer to 1 after Ctrl+Ging it. I felt the transition from the jump into the slider was unnecessarely awkward
Changed the entire pattern to better transition into the slider while keeping the same rotation
- More in general, take the above as a guideline to revisit the flow taking more into account circular flow and when/where the song supports a reverse
I'd prefer to avoid making too many circular flow movements throughout the entire map, since repetitive motion on such long maps can get slightly boring pretty fast. Granted, I fixed most occurrences of bad flow but but keeping some sections more "snappy" keeps it a bit more interesting I believe.
- 02:59:147 (2,3,4,5,6) - This instead is a good example of how to incorporate a stream into the kiai, since there is clearly a base to support it in the song
- This section however is rather inconsistent in either mapping or ignoring the 5 note bursts that often occur in the song. Whether they were mapper or ignored seemed arbitrary to me, if however there is a concept behind it, please do explain
All sections were mapped by 2 different people with 2 different mapping styles and preferences so it's not unusual for the map to suddenly change on certain points.
- The second section and kiai should be fixed according to the guidelines provided above (concerning flow and streams), as well as the last part
Fixed all sections with unintended changes in flow.
There's really no use in pointing out every single instance of flawed rhythm or circular flow, you seem like experienced enough mappers to fix the whole thing once you understand where the problem essentially is.
Really like the map overall, I hope it makes it to ranked
I hope I was of use. Good Luck!