forum

m-flo + daoko - IRONY (el poco maro Remix)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Kibbleru

qqqant wrote:

move to pending? lol
doesnt matter.
Kibbleru

Kawa wrote:

omg i love you
np bby
Uta
i see kawa i press favorite
Aurele

qqqant wrote:

move to pending? lol
just because im retarded and i like when things are organized, i moved it there :3c

good luck with the map!!
Reazen
Ranked please ._.
-Mo-
General
- 00:42:975 - 05:05:496 - Not convinced extra red lines are the correct way to remedy these. Will check with other people about this, though you could try ask/fix things too.

- 05:16:363 (3) - Sounds like it's too early, for example. Plus all of the sounds in the break 05:08:223.
- 05:15:681 - Red line here is also making it so the downbeat is off by half a measure, it makes much more sense having the downbeat on the piano chords. You end up resetting the metronome later anyway, when it's these red lines causing a problem in the first place.

Storyboard
- 03:16:363 - 05:05:496 - Stars in a night sky are static, so they should move across the sky at the same speed. But for some reason you have some stars moving faster and overtaking other stars which is eehh.

- blur2.jpg and mblur2.jpg usused.

Hathz
- 00:19:602 (2,3,4) - I guess I understand why the stacks are different, but I still can't help but feel that it looks weird aesthetically. I think you could get away with stacking them the same since it's early in the map and it's still possible to read based on approach circles, or you could just change the pattern to avoid doing this altogether.
- 01:51:818 (1) - Emphasis on the head of this seems underwhelming since low spacing and previous slider points staight into it. Easiest fix is Ctrl+H and increase spacing, but do whatever.
- 02:29:999 - Lower SV would've been cool for this section but I guess it's fine if you don't want to change.
- 04:16:704 (2,4,1) - Stacks are doing weird thinigs here. Turn on View -> Stacking and make it so first two sliders are neatly stacked.
- 06:24:545 (1) - Similar to before, emphasis is kinda lacking because spacing and previous slider.
- 06:55:568 (5) - Could Ctrl+H so overlap is avoided.
- 06:57:272 (1) - Linear slider like this just seems really out of place since most of this section is using regular curve sliders. Something like this I could see as being more suitable:
- 07:06:477 (5) - Off blanket, might as well fix.

Kawa
- 01:36:732 (6) - Stack is broken.
- 04:23:181 (1,3) - Could avoid this overlap if you wanted.
- 04:25:908 (1) - This sort of slider just seems kinda weird to use especially for a 1/2 without any significant sound on it. I would just keep it a regular shape pointing leftwards.
- 04:31:363 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - Would be cooler if the 1/4 spacing was consistent through this.
- 05:33:068 (2,3) - Reducing spacing for this thing all of a sudden seems kinda odd.
- 06:50:625 (2) - I think there are better choices than doing an overlap like this. For example, this could be stacked on the tail, and then you could move 06:50:454 (1) to stack with 06:49:772 (3).

Pop is for timing concerns, happy to rebubble when that's resolved.
Topic Starter
Kawa

-Mo- wrote:

Storyboard
- 03:16:363 - 05:05:496 - Stars in a night sky are static, so they should move across the sky at the same speed. But for some reason you have some stars moving faster and overtaking other stars which is eehh.
Good point. I went with variable speeds at first since I felt like it gave the scene a more 3D feel. Didn't think for a second about sticking to realism. Changed appropriately~

- blur2.jpg and mblur2.jpg usused.
Eeeeh how did those get in there. Replaced blur.jpg and mblur.jpg with their lower filesize clones and removed unused ones.

Hathz Applied by Hathz
- 00:19:602 (2,3,4) - I guess I understand why the stacks are different, but I still can't help but feel that it looks weird aesthetically. I think you could get away with stacking them the same since it's early in the map and it's still possible to read based on approach circles, or you could just change the pattern to avoid doing this altogether. changed this one, the one after left the same cause i feel like it fits well with the music
- 01:51:818 (1) - Emphasis on the head of this seems underwhelming since low spacing and previous slider points staight into it. Easiest fix is Ctrl+H and increase spacing, but do whatever. kay
- 02:29:999 - Lower SV would've been cool for this section but I guess it's fine if you don't want to change. keeping as it is, that section is really short and it seems better to keep it same SV
- 04:16:704 (2,4,1) - Stacks are doing weird thinigs here. Turn on View -> Stacking and make it so first two sliders are neatly stacked. fixed
- 06:24:545 (1) - Similar to before, emphasis is kinda lacking because spacing and previous slider flipped dat
- 06:55:568 (5) - Could Ctrl+H so overlap is avoided. sure
- 06:57:272 (1) - Linear slider like this just seems really out of place since most of this section is using regular curve sliders. Something like this I could see as being more suitable fixed
- 07:06:477 (5) - Off blanket, might as well fix. fixed

Kawa
- 01:36:732 (6) - Stack is broken.
Good eye, fixed!
- 04:23:181 (1,3) - Could avoid this overlap if you wanted.
The overlap was intentional and I'd prefer to keep it like that since I think it looks okay
- 04:25:908 (1) - This sort of slider just seems kinda weird to use especially for a 1/2 without any significant sound on it. I would just keep it a regular shape pointing leftwards.
I was aiming for a shape that prevents the risk of a sliderbreak when doing the sharp 04:25:908 (1,2) - movement and that seemed like the best option (albeit not the best looking one). I've changed the slider into a single curve that should still leave enough room for the sharp jump without risking a missed slider end.
- 04:31:363 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - Would be cooler if the 1/4 spacing was consistent through this.
Sounds fair, unified spacing on all 1/4 stacks to 0.20x
- 05:33:068 (2,3) - Reducing spacing for this thing all of a sudden seems kinda odd.
Reshaped the slider and moved it a bit to stay consistent with the spacing compared to the rest
- 06:50:625 (2) - I think there are better choices than doing an overlap like this. For example, this could be stacked on the tail, and then you could move 06:50:454 (1) to stack with 06:49:772 (3).
That was my initial idea but I tried the half overlaps because I was afraid of the readability aspect. Stacked the notes as suggested~

Pop is for timing concerns, happy to rebubble when that's resolved.
Thanks again for the detailed and helpful mod! o/ I've added Hathz' reply too.

On the topic of timing: I'll leave this unaddressed for now while I discuss the timing issues further with -Mo- and Kibbleru and I'll edit it appropriately once we come to a conclusion.
The main issue right now is whether the objects following offset sounds at 00:42:975 (3,4) - 00:53:862 (1,2) - 05:05:497 (1) - 05:16:363 (3) - need a new red timing point, should be snapped to the nearest 1/4 tick or are okay by being snapped to the most accurate 1/8 (or 1/16) tick if needed (or some other completely different option).

Edit: Timing should be fully fixed now~
Kibbleru
what else would u do other than extra red lines tho? edit .osu and make them unsnapped lol? as long as the parts that u mapped are properly snapped to the music isnt it fine
-Mo-
We discussed what to do with timing, I'm happy with it now.

Also did some minor points on spacing emphasis and why view->stacking is a good thing.

: 00:31:278 (5,1) -

02:48:579 (6,7,8) - 06:54:545 (1) - Could use spacing emphasis thing like I mentioned before
04:34:431 (3) - Could be custom stacked if 04:36:476 (5) is too.

04:25:738 (5,6) - Could shift these to the right slightly so that it lines up with 04:25:568 (4) better
04:48:920 (8) - Similar thing, lower it so it lines up with visual flow of 04:49:091 (1).

00:54:587 - 176.68 BPM
05:05:497 - 176.74 BPM
Kibbleru
havent qualified anything v1 for a while
Buttercup
congrats o:
Secretpipe
holy shit this is good
Topic Starter
Kawa
I just want to thank everyone who helped me improve the map with helpful mods & advice and motivated me to keep going o/

Also a quick shout-out to Bonsai who helped make sure the timing is correct and taught me a neat timing trick ~
hi-mei
hey

00:38:181 - 00:27:272 - forgot to emphasize this in SB? reference: 00:32:727 - 00:21:818 - 01:32:726 - etc

Topic Starter
Kawa

hi-mei wrote:

hey

00:38:181 - 00:27:272 - forgot to emphasize this in SB? reference: 00:32:727 - 00:21:818 - 01:32:726 - etc

Thanks! I appreciate it! :3/

I have considered emphasizing those 2 beats with the SB at first but it felt too uh... dense?
I tried to avoid going overboard with hitobject highlighting since there's plenty of other stuff going on already and I didn't want to make it look too cluttered most of the time. That's also the reason why the later sections have even rarer big ripple highlights since the lyrics kind of take over at that point.

Taking all that into account, emphasizing every 8 measures in the intro and every 16 after that seemed like the most balanced option ~
Lanturn
Heya Kawa. Thank you for mapping this song. I've always loved it.

Anyways, the reason I'm here is probably obvious. Metadata Issues.

The original was actually used in some anime movie flash thing (that is actually really popular) so the source field is required. Either or works, but the first one is more reliable.

- Unicode Title: IRONY (el poco maro Remix)
- Unicode Artist: m-flo + daoko
- Source: 鷹の爪GO 〜美しきエリエール消臭プラス〜
- or: 鷹の爪GO〜美しきエリエール消臭プラス〜

- References:
+ http://xn--u9j429qiq1a.jp/go/song/index.html
+ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTLbg9wUdo8
+ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1J0K0Tgj9U
+ https://lanturn.s-ul.eu/GYee1UVL
+ http://daoko.jp/discography/261/

The el poco maro Remix isn't listed officially anywhere on the web at the moment from what I could find, but (el poco maro Remix) seems to be the most consistent way of labeling these so we're going with that. (el poco maro deleted all their remixes so they're all unavailable)

Edit.. I forgot some tags you can add.

"Taka no Tsume GO Utsukushiki Elleair Shoushuu Plus"
"Himitsukessha" or "Himitsu Kessha" (Part of the main title in the original series)
"Eagle Talon"
"秘密結社" (Himitsukessha in Japanese)
Kurai
rawr
Kurai
rawr
Lanturn
Thanks Kurai!

This song is so good <3 thanks again for mapping this Kawa
Irreversible
You've done well, Kawa :3

Hathz, good job too!