forum

[Archived] Dots duplicating and out of place?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
dobbyrocks
Problem Details:
When playing I sometimes get a slider or a hit circle that is duplicated and misplaced

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20161101.2 (latest)
o x
I think this is a problem with your skin. Not really a problem just how it is made.

If you look in your skin folder do you see your hit objects on default-0, default-1, default-2 ..and so on?
Topic Starter
dobbyrocks

Cawub wrote:

I think this is a problem with your skin. Not really a problem just how it is made.

If you look in your skin folder do you see your hit objects on default-0, default-1, default-2 ..and so on?
Yeah, but it stops at default-9 and then it starts back at default-0 and repeats that cycle.
o x
The default-0 to default-9 and the count numbers that show up on your objects. Osu doesn't go past 9 so it combines default-1 and default-0 to make the count look like combo 10. When your objects are on these numbers the game takes them and combines them when a combo exceeds 9, thus creating the illusion that there are 2 objects.

I suggest getting a different skin or try not to play with maps that have combos over 9.
Deimos
there is a simple fix: HitCircleOverlap

check the dimension of the default-0/9.png, like if it's 150x148px, then change the HitCircleOverlap in the skin.ini to 148

using the width of the said hitcircle numbers for HitCircleOverlap will make them overlap when the combo reaches 10+
o x

Deimos wrote:

check the dimension of the default-0/9.png, like if it's 150x148px, then change the HitCircleOverlap in the skin.ini to 148

using the width of the said hitcircle numbers for HitCircleOverlap will make them overlap when the combo reaches 10+
Make sure the file name is HitCircleOverlay not Overlap ;)
Deimos

Cawub wrote:

Deimos wrote:

Make sure the file name is HitCircleOverlay not Overlap ;)
Filename? What are you talking about? He is using the hitcircle numbers as hitcircles so he has to change HitCircleOverlap in the skin.ini under [Fonts]
Topic Starter
dobbyrocks

Deimos wrote:

This didn't fix the issue for me?
Deimos
A: what's the filename of the dots?
B: what's the dimension?
Topic Starter
dobbyrocks

Deimos wrote:

A: what's the filename of the dots?
B: what's the dimension?
default-0/9 and 163x
Deimos
if the dimension is 163x163 then it should be HitCircleOverlap: 163