forum

[resolved] inaccurate fps count?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Insolar
osu says i have 240fps, and it caps at 240 even though i have it set on unlimited. thats understandable. what i don't understand is why my game is subtly stuttering especially when im hitting sliders, depsite the fact that the fps counter says im at 240. i always play with only osu open and yet i still find my game stuttering at "240fps". any idea why this is ?

im running 4 processors with a intel i7 core. decent laptop that can run most games with ease.
Upskirt
Press F7 in-game until it says Unlimited(Gameplay) on your screen. Should be do the trick, reply to this same thread if you need additional assistance.
JSE

Insolar wrote:

osu says i have 240fps, and it caps at 240 even though i have it set on unlimited. thats understandable. what i don't understand is why my game is subtly stuttering especially when im hitting sliders, depsite the fact that the fps counter says im at 240. i always play with only osu open and yet i still find my game stuttering at "240fps". any idea why this is ?

im running 4 processors with a intel i7 core. decent laptop that can run most games with ease.
Unlimited should never be 240 while playing. It usually caps at your monitor refresh rate when playing the game, and 240 when in menus.

Assuming you are playing on Unlimited, do you get this lag on all maps or just specific ones? Who knows what i7 you have, most intel cpus have junk integrated GPUs, you might want to try disabling background video, for example.
Topic Starter
Insolar

jsebean wrote:

Insolar wrote:

Unlimited should never be 240 while playing. It usually caps at your monitor refresh rate when playing the game, and 240 when in menus.

Assuming you are playing on Unlimited, do you get this lag on all maps or just specific ones? Who knows what i7 you have, most intel cpus have junk integrated GPUs, you might want to try disabling background video, for example.

Yeah my bad, 240 on menus but ingame I stutter on specific maps.
Upskirt
Are you running on the Latest(Stable) build?

Usually the appearance of stuttering would be created by low FPS. So once you have it on unlimited it will work and look smooth.

I'll try to help you resolve the FPS cap and stuttering.
Topic Starter
Insolar

Venzire wrote:

Are you running on the Latest(Stable) build?

Usually the appearance of stuttering would be created by low FPS. So once you have it on unlimited it will work and look smooth.

I'll try to help you resolve the FPS cap and stuttering.
Yes I'm running it on the latest build and I've always been playing on Unlimited. for some reason the problem occasionally reappears :/
Kao
Are you using multiple monitors by chance?
If you are, try disabling or using only one
Topic Starter
Insolar

Kao wrote:

Are you using multiple monitors by chance?
If you are, try disabling or using only one

nah, I'm only using my 1 laptop monitor
Kao
By stutter do you mean the whole game or only your cursor?
It might be only your cursor (input lag) is what 'stuttering'

Try enabling/disabling raw input
Also you can try checking compatibility mode and see if it does anything
Topic Starter
Insolar

Kao wrote:

By stutter do you mean the whole game or only your cursor?
It might be only your cursor (input lag) is what 'stuttering'

Try enabling/disabling raw input
Also you can try checking compatibility mode and see if it does anything
yeah by stutter i mean the game, and i'll try the compatibility modes thanks :)
Topic Starter
Insolar
All right all good now guys thank you all <3
Kao
Glad that it's fixed :)
(You can refrain from double posting next time)

If you have another problem feel free to make a new thread