forum

[Archived] Osu keeps taking away my A grade

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Lolitsbam
Problem Details:So I got A on this song I know it's an easy one but I'm new so, you can by this screenshot I have got an A on a beatmap but it was in my score I restart osu and then it's gone wiped, and it's happened multiple times and it's never came back... Please help and thanks.

Video or screenshot showing the problem: https://gyazo.com/bca163d30aefb0292843385ec94070ad
https://gyazo.com/9c3f406adbeace7323e3d9e5461e98da

osu! version: 20161101.2 (latest)
JSE
Your C rank had a higher score than your A rank (that's why your A rank is #392 and the C is #388). Probably had a better combo than accuracy or you used mods that multiplied it higher. Just play it again with equal or better combo and better accuracy that results in a higher score than the C play you just got if you want an A on the leaderboard back :)
Sandy Hoey

jsebean wrote:

Your C rank had a higher score than your A rank (that's why your A rank is #392 and the C is #388). Probably had a better combo than accuracy or you used mods that multiplied it higher. Just play it again with equal or better combo and better accuracy that results in a higher score than the C play you just got if you want an A on the leaderboard back :)
That doesnt explain why it isnt showing up in the local scores though. It isn't because the scores aren't uploading because they are showing up on the userpage.
JSE

Sandy Hoey wrote:

jsebean wrote:

That doesnt explain why it isnt showing up in the local scores though. It isn't because the scores aren't uploading because they are showing up on the userpage.
hmm yeah... that is a bit odd.

Did op close the game forcefully or after they restarted the game did it complain about them messing with the beatmaps folder (thus probably something got corrupted)? I've had that happen occasionally for some unknown reason, though I don't normally care about local scores anyway.
Topic Starter
Lolitsbam
Oh okay just wish it would atleast give me my a on the website as well it's annoying when you work for something and you get it but it can not be displayed nor seen.
Kao
Try moving out osu!.db out of the folder and try again
Does scores save in local now?
7ambda
Who here hates when people don't use the direct link for Gyazo?
Kao
If that still didn't help, I suggest in repairing osu!

Here are steps you can do to repair osu!
Method 1: Launch Repair Dialog
  1. Hold down the Shift key on your keyboard.
  2. While holding Shift, double click the osu! icon on your desktop.
  3. Continue holding Shift until you see the recovery dialog prompt.
  4. From there, click on the "Repair osu!" option
Method 2: Shortcut
If you have the "repair osu!" Shortcut, opening that also works.

Method 3: Config Shortcut
If you don't have the "repair osu!" Shortcut, you can create one instead.
  1. Right click osu!.exe > Create a shortcut
  2. Open properties of the shortcut
    1. Select then Alt + Enter or
    2. Right click > Properties
  3. Set Target to ...\osu!.exe -config
  4. Press OK then open the shortcut
Method 4: Text document
You can also force the updater to run by creating a new text document in your osu! folder called "help". Right-click in an empty space in your osu! folder, and choose New > Text Document.
Name it help and then run osu! to start the updater in forced maintenance mode.