forum

[duplicate] "Flat" slider bodies (no fade-out)

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1
Topic Starter
raechel
I've been thinking about this for a few months now: what always looked weird to me is how the slider body has that weird light-to-dark fade-out effect. It helps understand where sliders are going when they cross over themselves, but it doesn't really have much use other than being decorative. I also know the effect can be changed in the skin.ini file to a few different ones.

But what I would like to see is the possibility to turn this effect completely off (maybe using the same setting in the skin.ini that can change the effect). While it might not affect performance a lot, it would look better in some cases. Especially because apparently the slider body doesn't actually use the exact color you set in the skin.ini, mostly on lighter ones: that's why white sliders look kinda grey-ish.

This is what I mean, if it wasn't already clear:

Another example with a coloured skin:

This isn't really an incredibly useful feature, but it's something I'd love to see because it would make some kinds of skins (for example, minimalistic skins) look much better.

I did find this post about adjusting the slider body colors in a custom way including transparency, and the ability to maybe choose patterns, but in the few pages I quickly skimmed through, I didn't find anyone asking for a "flat body".

*insert loli jokes here*
o x
I'm pretty on the fence about this. It makes the sliders look really dull and in some cases they blend too much into the background, so for me I don't think it's the best idea.
Jukkii
YES (white sliders unite)
tho im not sure if this has been requested before, might be a dupe
Upskirt
Edit:

t/103885?hilit=flat+slider

The link which happens to already be listed does essentially the same thing. You can make the body look flat by changing the appearance as described in the thread.

Similar topic, not really necessary.
o x

Venzire wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/103885?hilit=flat+slider

Go have a read if you'd like.
If you look at the bottom of the OP you can see they already listed the site. I do see these requests as two different things.
clayton

Cawub wrote:

Venzire wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/103885?hilit=flat+slider

Go have a read if you'd like.
If you look at the bottom of the OP you can see they already listed the site. I do see these requests as two different things.
The request from years ago includes the functionality to set this behavior, though.

This sort of request is more likely to see its implementation in the lazer client, since it's more of a core graphical feature. I totally support this idea along with the original request, especially the patterning idea, that looks awesome.
Topic Starter
raechel

Cl8n wrote:

The request from years ago includes the functionality to set this behavior, though.

This sort of request is more likely to see its implementation in the lazer client, since it's more of a core graphical feature. I totally support this idea along with the original request, especially the patterning idea, that looks awesome.
Yeah I wrote about the "flat slider body" because I couldn't find any "direct" point towards actually hiding the effect (most of the messages I found in that topic are about changing the colors of the effect and not actually hiding it). I will admit I just barely skimmed through it though, so I might have missed one or two messages.
Seijiro