posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Chemistry
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 13 June 2017 at 02:50:39

Artist: Mizukara o Enshutsu Suru Otome no Kai
Title: Girlish Lover (TV Size)
Source: 俺の彼女と幼なじみが修羅場すぎる
Tags: op anime opening oreshu tv size Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru
BPM: 165
Filesize: 2280kb
Play Time: 01:30
Difficulties Available:
  1. Insane (4.63 stars, 342 notes)
Download: Mizukara o Enshutsu Suru Otome no Kai - Girlish Lover (TV Size)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
For rankings
clayton
Note: You'll likely be flagged for copyrighted audio; this publisher has filed complaints to the osu! service before.

Insane

As far as object placement goes, I think the most critical features that you're missing here are consistency and structure. You clearly have some intent to mimic the common 2015+ style of flow, but your application of it becomes misleading throughout the map.
  1. Sequences like 00:03:472 (3,1,2) are probably too linear to fit thematically with the rest of your map. The map's main focus is on acute angles and predictable leads from slider tails, and then this guy comes up and tries to turn it all around. Don't let him (unless if you want to)!
  2. If someone were to ask you, "Why have you placed 00:08:200 (5,6,7) in such a manner?", would you have a good response? You likely can't explain why you've made the mapping decisions here because it lacks structure. There's no cohesive way to explain what's going on here; it's random! With this style of mapping you should generally be thinking about how to guide the player with patterns that match the flow of the music--- that doesn't mean you need triangles everywhere, or copy-pasted slider patterns, but what it does mean is that you can't expect the player to interpret your map like a series of commands and simply hit all of the objects regardless of their relationships.
Overall, there's just no theme to your placement. It's not consistent, making it seem very disconnected from the song, in the same manner that those 8*+ unranked jump spam maps are. Make sure that larger spacings emphasize something important, and that the travel path from one note to another is intuitive when compared against the notes before it.

Your rhythm choices have a similar issue of consistency, but more importantly they're missing a strong concept of musical priority.

Imagine that we want to write and play a drum cover of this song. We're both not very skilled drummers, I'd imagine... so what we'd have to do is simplify the rhythm so that we are actually capable of playing our own music. That means we're only going to focus on the most prominent instruments and sounds, because that's what the audience will catch onto. Let's say that we can either choose to play a note at 00:54:927 or 00:55:109, because playing both is too difficult for us. Which is more important for the song? Even without extensive knowledge of music you'd probably agree that the latter would be a better choice, since the former is nothing more than a quiet piano stroke.

Rhythm choices in osu! work the same way; after all, you're basically covering a song with the instrument of hitsounds. Currently, you have a slider starting at 00:54:927 and ending at 00:55:109, but it would almost certainly be more intuitive to put a clickable object at 00:55:109 instead (note that "clickable" basically just means either a circle or a slider head). This really goes for the whole map. Make sure that the rhythm of your map expresses the song!

The spinner at 01:26:836 (1) isn't snapped at its end. Just drag the ending so it snaps to the white tick.
Apologies for the shorter length; I must be going to supper now.
Topic Starter
Chemistry
Hi! Thanks for modding!

cl8n wrote:

Note: You'll likely be flagged for copyrighted audio; this publisher has filed complaints to the osu! service before.

Insane

As far as object placement goes, I think the most critical features that you're missing here are consistency and structure. You clearly have some intent to mimic the common 2015+ style of flow, but your application of it becomes misleading throughout the map.
  1. Sequences like 00:03:472 (3,1,2) are probably too linear to fit thematically with the rest of your map. The map's main focus is on acute angles and predictable leads from slider tails, and then this guy comes up and tries to turn it all around. Don't let him (unless if you want to)!
  2. If someone were to ask you, "Why have you placed 00:08:200 (5,6,7) in such a manner?", would you have a good response? You likely can't explain why you've made the mapping decisions here because it lacks structure. There's no cohesive way to explain what's going on here; it's random! With this style of mapping you should generally be thinking about how to guide the player with patterns that match the flow of the music--- that doesn't mean you need triangles everywhere, or copy-pasted slider patterns, but what it does mean is that you can't expect the player to interpret your map like a series of commands and simply hit all of the objects regardless of their relationships.
i dunno what else to put there

Overall, there's just no theme to your placement. It's not consistent, making it seem very disconnected from the song, in the same manner that those 8*+ unranked jump spam maps are. Make sure that larger spacings emphasize something important, and that the travel path from one note to another is intuitive when compared against the notes before it.

Your rhythm choices have a similar issue of consistency, but more importantly they're missing a strong concept of musical priority.

Imagine that we want to write and play a drum cover of this song. We're both not very skilled drummers, I'd imagine... so what we'd have to do is simplify the rhythm so that we are actually capable of playing our own music. That means we're only going to focus on the most prominent instruments and sounds, because that's what the audience will catch onto. Let's say that we can either choose to play a note at 00:54:927 or 00:55:109, because playing both is too difficult for us. Which is more important for the song? Even without extensive knowledge of music you'd probably agree that the latter would be a better choice, since the former is nothing more than a quiet piano stroke.

Rhythm choices in osu! work the same way; after all, you're basically covering a song with the instrument of hitsounds. Currently, you have a slider starting at 00:54:927 and ending at 00:55:109, but it would almost certainly be more intuitive to put a clickable object at 00:55:109 instead (note that "clickable" basically just means either a circle or a slider head). This really goes for the whole map. Make sure that the rhythm of your map expresses the song!

The spinner at 01:26:836 (1) isn't snapped at its end. Just drag the ending so it snaps to the white tick.
Apologies for the shorter length; I must be going to supper now.
everything left unnoticed is fixed
MEK
00:00:200 (1,2,3,4) - should be a 5 note stream
00:00:745 (5,6,7,1,2,3,4) - this could be all jumps, having an impactful sound on the sliderend is kinda meh
00:03:472 (3) - shorten this to be like this http://i.imgur.com/md5sikT.png
00:14:745 (2,3,4) - can be stream or something, theres noticable 1/4 sounds that can be mapped to
00:18:563 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3) - have this part end like this http://i.imgur.com/RU1wC7L.png before it was kinda weird and awkward, might have just been spacing and flow issue tho
00:29:290 (8) - why isnt there a note after this
00:31:109 (6,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - what is this. http://i.imgur.com/EX260wi.png is more appropriate. it can end with a slider if you think its needed
00:38:563 (8) - could be a triple
00:40:472 (5,6) - ? this is overmapped it should only be a single
00:44:018 (1,2,3,4,5) - i think this is only a triple i cant really hear it too well so this is kinda ok, ill let this one slide
00:53:017 (3) - overmapped you could make it into a slider>triple with 1/4 spacing between the slider and triple
00:58:381 (4,5,6,7,8) - ???? why this pls. also the jumps should end at 00:59:109
01:09:290 (2) - it should start here
01:11:109 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - overmap
01:11:835 (9) - i think i hear stuff around here for a 5 note stream
01:16:836 (7,8) - again should be a single note
01:17:290 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - not sure about this
01:17:836 (8) - a triple starts here tho
01:23:836 (9) - end with a slider

this is just rhythm stuff so id recommend you go through your map at 25% speed and find where you have sliders ending on strong sounds and replace with two circles instead unless you think it fits at that part of the map

note placement is a whole other time id rather just talk about some theorys instead of modding for that xd
clayton
i love girls
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.