forum

Actually make <0.10x SV values work

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
_Gaster
I mean... What's the point of allowing it if it still pretty much only works like a 0.10x?
Upskirt
You can edit the slider velocity manually in the editor but it's not recommended. I believe there is ranking criteria involved with how much you are allowed to change the SV or if you are even allowed to do it manually in the first place, especially if you go for ranked.

No need to actually include it in the editor, if 0.10x is the limit then that would be the rankable limit. Then again I haven't actually checked the criteria for awhile.

In the end this is completely unnecessary.

I suggest you read the forum guidelines for the Feature Requests section, it's a sticky post as a top thread.

Edit: Still doesn't seem necessary.
Caput Mortuum
Actually, in mania you don't need to change it manually. It can reach 0.01x already.
But... I thought 0.01x actually worked... I've been lied D:<
Stefan
On the other side, is there any feedback that this feature is necessary? I mean, Standard apparently can't even go below 0.5x yet (reference t/392760) so let's try to bring that in first.
clayton
The editor bounds at 0.5x / 2.0x for osu!standard, but you can have functional sliders with as low SV as 0.1x if you edit the map's file. Allowing lower seems like a reasonable request to me, though I doubt it would ever be used in ranked maps.
Yui Fujiwara

Cl8n wrote:

The editor bounds at 0.5x / 2.0x for osu!standard, but you can have functional sliders with as low SV as 0.1x if you edit the map's file. Allowing lower seems like a reasonable request to me, though I doubt it would ever be used in ranked maps.
Why not Cl8n?
Seijiro
Switch to taiko mode and you have a x0.10~x3.00 range to set your SVs.

Although there is a solution, mappers nowadays started using these SVs more often. While we could switch back and forth between taiko mode it is a bit tedious in some case, which makes this feature a neat addition.