senya - Mangekyou

posted
Total Posts
25
show more
Blitzfrog
Sorry I will not be modding other difficulties because they seem to have old style mapping techniques and I do not understand it fully to mod it, nor do I want to ruin the old style

I would just comment that for your style in general, it is ok to turn off DS(distance snap) occasionally. Also try not to make circles overlap with anything that is about 5 seconds before, if they must overlap try stack it instead.


into

00:29:817 (3,4) - Probably better off stacked
00:30:831 (3,4) - remove (3) from previous stack and stack these 2
00:49:479 (1) - DS is off
00:55:763 (8,9,1) - The fast sound is actually 1/8th here but simplifying it is fine, just a heads up
01:25:358 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - What you can do here is copy paste (1,2) and Ctrl+Shift+R and rotate everything else by a constant value
01:26:979 (1,2,3,4) - Delete, Ctrl+Shift+D
01:31:844 (1) - Probably better at the center of the circle
02:09:952 (3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1) - Personally I would seperate this to the point where it's not obvious that your cursor can stay at the center to hit the circles on the side


Gl dude, hope to see some more old style :)
Topic Starter
Mattchanhew

Blitzfrog wrote:

Sorry I will not be modding other difficulties because they seem to have old style mapping techniques and I do not understand it fully to mod it, nor do I want to ruin the old style

I would just comment that for your style in general, it is ok to turn off DS(distance snap) occasionally. Also try not to make circles overlap with anything that is about 5 seconds before, if they must overlap try stack it instead.


into

00:29:817 (3,4) - Probably better off stacked
00:30:831 (3,4) - remove (3) from previous stack and stack these 2
00:49:479 (1) - DS is off
00:55:763 (8,9,1) - The fast sound is actually 1/8th here but simplifying it is fine, just a heads up
01:25:358 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - What you can do here is copy paste (1,2) and Ctrl+Shift+R and rotate everything else by a constant value
01:26:979 (1,2,3,4) - Delete, Ctrl+Shift+D
01:31:844 (1) - Probably better at the center of the circle
02:09:952 (3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1) - Personally I would seperate this to the point where it's not obvious that your cursor can stay at the center to hit the circles on the side


Gl dude, hope to see some more old style :)
Thanks!!! :D
Don AlfaJorgito
I come to say good luck and... Ah, i sell alfajores $1
Izzz
I'm going to try to keep this a bit brief for the sake of not being too confusing.

Im going to list the overarching issues with this map in order of how important I feel they are.
1. Poor rhythm choices
You choose to strictly follow the vocals, which proves a bit of a mismatch with a ranked easy; easies tend to follow 1/1 beat snap divisor and never dip into the red or blue ticks unless absolutely necessary. Considering there is a fairly powerful bass drum on the white tick, there is virtually no reason to follow the red tick at all. In normals, its ok to use 1/2 red ticks, but fairly rarely.
2. Poor flow
A lot of the patterns you use are contrary to what is most comfortable to play. Because of how people play, movements such as acute angles and circular movement are 'easier', or at least more intuitive, to play. Because of this, mappers generally will cater their map to these aspects most of the time. It's perfectly acceptable to stray from flow when the spacing is too low for someone to snap to the note like they normally would (which is why streams tend to not be all circles or back and forths, for example), when the time between two notes is pretty long, or when there is something in the music you would like to emphasize.
3. Inconsistent distance snapping
Easies and normals generally need extremely consistent distance snapping throughout the entire map. You don't need to if the notes are so spread apart you wouldn't even see them together, but otherwise it is really important, and your map often strays from this guideline. This mostly only applies to the easy and normal, although generally a hard will follow distance snapping with some occasional straying.
4. Poor aesthetics
Because there is very little going on, lower diffs usually make up what they lack in gameplay with aesthetics. I'm actually struggling to write exactly how to improve the aesthetics of your map at the moment, so instead I'll just suggest for you to look at easy and normal difficulties on other senya songs and trying to mirror the general shapes they use.

The points I make are mostly in reference to the easy and normal difficulties, but a lot of them will apply to the hard and insane, just in different ways. Someone mentioned pishifat's videos earlier, but I'll link the ones pertaining to these sections just in case you haven't already watched them.
In general: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL3az8FhlB4&t=8s and maybe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAYm50d6XMw&t=48s

Section 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BC_I2ufqC8 , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmCEfh865b4

Section 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig7nTSbWwVc and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYGatwQszwQ

Section 4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCB5rLXqWKY

there isn't really any video on section 3 because that's a bit more straight forward. Anyways, hopes this helps you on your mapping journey!
Topic Starter
Mattchanhew

Joezapy wrote:

I'm going to try to keep this a bit brief for the sake of not being too confusing.

Im going to list the overarching issues with this map in order of how important I feel they are.
1. Poor rhythm choices
You choose to strictly follow the vocals, which proves a bit of a mismatch with a ranked easy; easies tend to follow 1/1 beat snap divisor and never dip into the red or blue ticks unless absolutely necessary. Considering there is a fairly powerful bass drum on the white tick, there is virtually no reason to follow the red tick at all. In normals, its ok to use 1/2 red ticks, but fairly rarely.
2. Poor flow
A lot of the patterns you use are contrary to what is most comfortable to play. Because of how people play, movements such as acute angles and circular movement are 'easier', or at least more intuitive, to play. Because of this, mappers generally will cater their map to these aspects most of the time. It's perfectly acceptable to stray from flow when the spacing is too low for someone to snap to the note like they normally would (which is why streams tend to not be all circles or back and forths, for example), when the time between two notes is pretty long, or when there is something in the music you would like to emphasize.
3. Inconsistent distance snapping
Easies and normals generally need extremely consistent distance snapping throughout the entire map. You don't need to if the notes are so spread apart you wouldn't even see them together, but otherwise it is really important, and your map often strays from this guideline. This mostly only applies to the easy and normal, although generally a hard will follow distance snapping with some occasional straying.
4. Poor aesthetics
Because there is very little going on, lower diffs usually make up what they lack in gameplay with aesthetics. I'm actually struggling to write exactly how to improve the aesthetics of your map at the moment, so instead I'll just suggest for you to look at easy and normal difficulties on other senya songs and trying to mirror the general shapes they use.

The points I make are mostly in reference to the easy and normal difficulties, but a lot of them will apply to the hard and insane, just in different ways. Someone mentioned pishifat's videos earlier, but I'll link the ones pertaining to these sections just in case you haven't already watched them.
In general: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL3az8FhlB4&t=8s and maybe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAYm50d6XMw&t=48s

Section 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BC_I2ufqC8 , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmCEfh865b4

Section 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig7nTSbWwVc and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYGatwQszwQ

Section 4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCB5rLXqWKY

there isn't really any video on section 3 because that's a bit more straight forward. Anyways, hopes this helps you on your mapping journey!
Thanks! :)
Topic Starter
Mattchanhew
Oops someone reminds me about replying mods :P
Should've done this way sooner im sorry

I did not mess with the slider arts sorry :Pi dont how how to im a noob


As for the rest, I have fixed them.

Thanks alot! :D
Pachiru
[General]
  1. Don't forget to uncheck the countdown button. Go there, and disable the "Enable countdown". Here is a link to help you: https://puu.sh/sSJy0/b0b2222712.png
  2. Don't forget to use hitsounds on your beatmap! Because it's important, and if there is no hitsounds on your map, your map will be unrankable. Here is a thread that will help you to do hitsounds: t/306177


[Insane]
  1. Your map need a strong rework. I will show you a screen that will explain why it's needed.
    https://puu.sh/sSJAO/1e58b59f2d.jpg
    As you can see, the grid is full on the middle of the grid. But when you look at the corners, they are empty, and I think there is a lot of useful things to do here.
  2. 00:34:074 (2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1,1,2,3) - On this part, you do a chain circle pattern and it's not good at all, because the music doesn't allow you to do it, and it's bad for an Insane. That's why the corners are not used. It's the same thing here: 01:00:223 (3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) -
  3. On your map, there is a lot of overlaps like you did here, and I think to do a beautiful and good diff, you can't do things like that! 01:15:223 (4,2,3) -
  4. There is not real emphasis with the song on this part: 01:32:250 (2) - till the rest of those song, there is some missing beats and why you don't map some beats that are needed? Like those beats: 01:33:365 - 01:35:088 - etc...
  5. 01:42:385 (1,2,3,4,1) - Why those circles don't have the same distance snap?


[Hard]
  1. Once again here, this map needs a rework, because corners are empty.
  2. There is a lot of straight slider that shouldn't be like that, give at least a flow, even if it's an Hard. The map have to be great to be ranked, so you have to give your best with visuals and technical skills to make an enjoyable map!
  3. You use a lot of different distance snap in this map, don't forget that it's an Hard and it doesn't have to be so strange for the player!


[Normal]
  1. There is distance snap error in it, consider changing it or it will be unrankable.


Good luck for ranking it! I think that if you rework it, it will be better >w<!
fLaw
Hihi my Mod for Insane difficulty

----------------

00:30:020 (4) - This note could be a long slider like the ones before it, because the singer is holding a note here. Extending all the way to 00:30:425 (1) -
00:33:061 (4,5) - I feel like these are unnecessary, maybe just make two single notes to match vocal?
00:33:567 (2) - If you removed this note and made it end in a triplet would also be more smooth
00:38:534 (2,3,4,5,6,7) - These triplets are also hard to place because of how awkward they feel, as there isnt much going on in these spots musically. Maybe just again only have single notes on where the words get sung

00:39:344 (9,10,11) - Same with this run. But maybe you could just change the first two sliders > 00:39:344 (8,9) > into single notes

00:44:007 (3) - I dont think a NC should start here
00:44:412 (4) - But I do think a NC should start here, and end > 00:46:439 (5) here
00:42:993 (8) - Another held voice note i think could be changed to a slider. But these one could end with a triplet at end of slider instead of > 00:43:398 (1,2)
00:46:034 (3,4,5) - These 5 notes I think are fine, but I think the stream should end here and not have these four > 00:46:540 (6,7,8,9) > notes on the end
00:48:466 (4,5,6,7,8,1) - The shape this notes make could be better. But something I noticed in the map a lot was the high concentration of notes in the middle of the play-field. It's good to try and use the whole map field when mapping. And while your at it, see if you like these two notes > 00:48:669 (5,6) as a slider instead.

00:50:290 (4,5,6) - Consider making the first triplet slider into regular notes. As the way it is currently makes it a bit hard to read. Also idk how i feel about > 00:50:898 (6) being on the end. It kind of goes with the slider, so maybe just make that part of the slider?

00:52:520 (4,5,6,7,1) - This sequence is fine, but think about the spacing here. It's awfully close the slider right before it, making it hard to determine the timing of it. Consider adding more space between these
00:54:142 (4,5,6) - I also think you would get more impact with these sliders if the middle one > 00:54:547 (5) > were reversed in direction

00:55:763 (8,9,1) - Maybe add more space between these and > 00:55:358 (7) -
00:57:385 (4,5,6) - ^Same thing with these sliders about getting more impact and reversing the middle one
01:00:628 (4,1,2) - ^Same thing here
01:02:655 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - This stream should be one long combo, starting with 1 and ending with a 16. But a NC should start here > 01:04:277 (1)
01:05:898 (1) - This note is a bit far away from >01:05:493 (4)
01:09:952 (5,6,7,8) - I really think these should just be two simple sliders going along with the vocals. Doesn't matter the shape tho

01:12:385 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - I dont think the circular shape fits these notes here. The way you had the notes going back and forth like > 01:05:898 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) worked well for the vocals.
01:15:628 (1,2,3,4) - Same thing with back and forth notes here
01:22:925 (5,6,7,8) - I dont think there's enough emphasis to call for 16th notes here.
01:28:601 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - These should also be one long combo 1-16
01:38:128 (5) - This note runs into this burst > 01:38:331 (1,2,3,4,1) a little too much.
01:43:398 (3,4,5,6) - The double sound here is hard to place, as its just one word being said each time. Maybe take out 01:43:500 (4) and 01:43:905 (6)
01:55:358 (1,2,3,4,1) - More overlapping here i think is unnecessary
01:56:371 (1,2,3,4) - Same thing with the doubles. Can take out the second note of each
02:21:304 (1,1) - I dont think these should be NC
02:26:878 (5,1) - This is a far spaced out triplet :o Maybe working to match other triplets in map would help
02:33:061 (4,5,1) - The triplet here is also spaced quite a bit much
02:33:669 (2) - Overlapping with this note and the previous slider
02:39:547 (4,5,1) - Consider making less space on this triplet also
02:44:615 (8) - Overlapped a bit here with the next slider.
02:47:250 (5,6,7,8) - This is hard to read because of > 02:46:844 (3) this note that is right on top of it
02:48:871 (5,6) - These are two continuous 16th note sliders. And the jump here between them is quite huge.

Many notes on the end of the map are overlapping a bit. Not making it hard to read, but it makes it a lot less appealing.
I think you should work on the design for 02:49:682 (1) to 03:02:250 (4) here

For the most part, I think your should rework many spots in the song. And as you do, try to use more area of the map. A lot of your map was going in a circle one way, then abruptly switching to going in a circular motion in the opposite direction.
LigerZero
source change to "東方Project"
tags remove "Senya Mangekyou" and added "autobahn kamasetora ブクレシュティの人形師 the doll maker of bucuresti 造花であろうとした者 mayumi morinaga コミックマーケット90 comiket90 c90 Bukureshuti no Ningyoushi youyoumu perfect cherry blossom"

sorry for bad checking

1. Official Website http://www.yuuhei-satellite.jp/5871

2. My Computer


No Kudosu
Topic Starter
Mattchanhew
Im finally back for mapping (kinda ran away from this mess), given the mods received I have decided to remap the whole thing. Thanks for all the mads before and hope I can find you guys for mod again lol
Sassbjorn
After updating the hard diff, it's only 30-ish seconds long, so I didn't take a look at it

Insane diff
general:
Quite a few sounds are ignored (especially in the wub-wub parts), and the wrong rhythms are prioritized some times. Also, movement feels kinda weird in some places, but getting the rhythm right first is more important (in my opinion)

timeline:
00:16:844 (4) - the sound here (as well as on 00:17:250 (1), 00:18:871 (1), 00:19:277 (2), etc.). If you increase the spacing at these objects, it will feel more impactful to the player.
00:26:979 - from here to 00:52:925 you should be prioritizing the vocals, as they are the most important in this section. This means that every vocal sound should be actively clicked (with a circle or sliderhead), and the other instruments can be mapped with sliderends (but also circles/sliderheads if there's a longer pause in the vocals). If the vocals are on a sliderend and a weaker instrumental sound is on the head, it feels weird.
00:54:142 (3,4,5,6,7,8) - these all cover vastly different sounds, but it's the samme thing. I won't go into mapping these wub-wub sounds, as I'm not good at it myself, but varying slider velocities and shapescan help distinguish them. (I'd highly recommend watching Pishifat's video on wub-wub mapping, as he does a way better job of explaining it)
01:09:142 (1,2,3,4) - This movement feels weird due to the wide angles. Uncomfortable movement isn't inherently bad, and I don't know if you should change it, but you should aware of it.
01:20:493 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - Players will read these jumps as 1/2 beat and not 1/4 beat rhythm, and will cause unfair 100's and 50's.
01:31:844 - again, rhythm shoul prioritize the vocals.
01:52:925 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - even though the vocals are clicked, they have the same weight as the background instruments, because they have the same spacing.
02:31:844 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - There's that 1/4 beat jump thing again.
Topic Starter
Mattchanhew

Sassbjorn wrote:

After updating the hard diff, it's only 30-ish seconds long, so I didn't take a look at it

Insane diff
general:
Quite a few sounds are ignored (especially in the wub-wub parts), and the wrong rhythms are prioritized some times. Also, movement feels kinda weird in some places, but getting the rhythm right first is more important (in my opinion)

timeline:
00:16:844 (4) - the sound here (as well as on 00:17:250 (1), 00:18:871 (1), 00:19:277 (2), etc.). If you increase the spacing at these objects, it will feel more impactful to the player.
> I have increased the spacing for some of the objects (mostly the sliders), but I kept the circles from 00:20:493 (1) as the doubles transition to jumps emphasize the increase in intensity.

00:26:979 - from here to 00:52:925 you should be prioritizing the vocals, as they are the most important in this section. This means that every vocal sound should be actively clicked (with a circle or sliderhead), and the other instruments can be mapped with sliderends (but also circles/sliderheads if there's a longer pause in the vocals). If the vocals are on a sliderend and a weaker instrumental sound is on the head, it feels weird.
> I have remapped a bit of this section so that vocals are more prioritized, but I do think that the drums and snares in the background still have some importance (especially during second part of verses), therefore some places I choose to map those into circles as well.

00:54:142 (3,4,5,6,7,8) - these all cover vastly different sounds, but it's the samme thing. I won't go into mapping these wub-wub sounds, as I'm not good at it myself, but varying slider velocities and shapescan help distinguish them. (I'd highly recommend watching Pishifat's video on wub-wub mapping, as he does a way better job of explaining it)
>The main goal of these sliders here are to emphasize the vocal, while at the same time showing a difference from the verse (mainly wub sounds in the background) Thats why all sliderheads are mapped to the vocal. But I will keep an eye on whether I should change slider velocity for different sounds.

01:09:142 (1,2,3,4) - This movement feels weird due to the wide angles. Uncomfortable movement isn't inherently bad, and I don't know if you should change it, but you should aware of it.
>I mapped this part deliberately like this as vocal here is slightly different even within the chorus (kind of like increasing in notes), but I made some minor adjustments to the movements.

01:20:493 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - Players will read these jumps as 1/2 beat and not 1/4 beat rhythm, and will cause unfair 100's and 50's.
>Removed

01:31:844 - again, rhythm shoul prioritize the vocals.
>Same as above^

01:52:925 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - even though the vocals are clicked, they have the same weight as the background instruments, because they have the same spacing.
>Not really sure what you are trying to say here? I assume you are saying that vocals should have higher priority, but i have changed the mapping a bit so vocal is more prioritized here

02:31:844 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - There's that 1/4 beat jump thing again.
>Removed
Thanks for the mod!
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.
Please sign in to reply.

New reply