forum

STD 2v2 Newbies' Tournament #1 (100 - 1500pp) REGISTER NOW!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
bejewelled
  1. Information
  2. TOURNAMENT DATE: December 31st to January 1st
    1. Group Stage: December 31st
    2. Finals: January 1st
    3. Start time: 2pm EST (11am PST) both days. Rounds of matches commence every 10 minutes for group stage, 30 for bracket stage.
    4. TOURNAMENT STYLE: 2v2 Standard
  3. You can sign up solo or as a pair; however you and your partner must be within the pp limit of a division (i.e. you both must be in the same division [see below for list of divisions])
  4. 1500pp is a HARD LIMIT. DO NOT SIGN UP under ANY circumstances if you are above this.
Divisions
  1. Division 3: 100pp - 400pp
    1. 0.01 - 2.99*
    Division 2: 401pp - 900pp
    1. 2.75 - 4.75*
    Division 1: 901pp - 1500pp
    1. 3.75 - 5.25*

I will be selecting about 12 - 15 maps for each difficulty range, which will be posted soon.
All mods are allowed; however, be warned that you may ruin your score for your partner!

Signups: 54 entrants (no maximum yet but it will likely be around 100).

MORE RULES POSTED CLOSER TO THE START DATE.
I NEED STAFF. APPLY BELOW. This may be my first tournament hosted but I still want some quality staff members which is why you need to apply.

It is YOUR responsibility to check back on this page occasionally for updates. Failing to check here at least twice a week may result in missing information. Note that you AND your partner are disqualified if one of you doesn't arrive on time on tournament day!

Important links
Discord Nothing is set up yet; just join for now. All user-made channels will be purged so don't try to do anything. Also make sure your username on Discord matches your username on osu.

Registration for players closed.
We need referees; please apply.

We are full for mappool selectors.
Mappool Selector: FULL (no more maximum slot expansion).
Discord Manager (3 / 4)
Referee (3 / 8)

You CANNOT do both. Those who blatantly ignore rules and do sign up for both: You will be treated as applying for STAFF, and your player submission will be deleted.
MrMenda
I would like to apply as a mappool selector, if you need one
Deivedux
I would love to help out! I have lots of experience on running tournaments since I almost finished hosting my own :3
Topic Starter
bejewelled

My Angel Fort wrote:

I would like to apply as a mappool selector, if you need one

Deivedux wrote:

I would love to help out! I have lots of experience on running tournaments since I almost finished hosting my own :3
I would love some help, actually! I will send you both a private message.
ExMono
i need one more human to be my team :(
why you do not open "Wandering Player" for solo player and go to search a team ?

*sorry bad engrish ('<')9
Topic Starter
bejewelled

ExMono wrote:

i need one more human to be my team :(
why you do not open "Wandering Player" for solo player and go to search a team ?

*sorry bad engrish ('<')9
?
You can sign up solo; I will match you.
Aelin
The times on Dec. 31 and Jan. 1 question on staff isn't clear. It says it needs a number above 0, but what would the number stand for? I'd love to apply as a mappool selector, so get back ASAP? :3
Fragmented
Do you have to be available on the Dec 31 - Jan 1 to be the mappool selector?
Topic Starter
bejewelled

CharmCaster wrote:

Do you have to be available on the Dec 31 - Jan 1 to be the mappool selector?
No, you do not, but you have to have ALL map selections entered by Dec 24.
Topic Starter
bejewelled

[ Cassie ] wrote:

The times on Dec. 31 and Jan. 1 question on staff isn't clear. It says it needs a number above 0, but what would the number stand for? I'd love to apply as a mappool selector, so get back ASAP? :3
OMG I'm sorry. I accidentally added data validation and left it blank. I will change it.
[ Saikuro ]
Topic Starter
bejewelled

[ Megamii ] wrote:

Check this http://prntscr.com/dbrosy
Fixed.
[ Saikuro ]
i found a partner so.. i go to signup one more time
Deivedux
Don't you think you have your referee sign up a bit too harsh? This IS your first tournament that you are hosting, and you are dealing with people who are very familiar with hosting tournaments and have lots of experience with it. If you are the host, that doesn't mean you are the "leader" of some sort... I'm just saying that you don't have to be too harsh on this, since we can just leave you like this and continue hosting our own tournaments... I think you should at least be happy that there are people wanting to help you, so treating them like that will throw off their trusts from you.
great_yarn
I don't think my school is starting on those date. so yea, i'll join for fun :D :)

and...idk if it just me isn't 5.7* too steep?
Topic Starter
bejewelled

great_yarn wrote:

I don't think my school is starting on those date. so yea, i'll join for fun :D :)

and...idk if it just me isn't 5.7* too steep?
Some maps are easier than others.

Deivedux wrote:

Don't you think you have your referee sign up a bit too harsh? This IS your first tournament that you are hosting, and you are dealing with people who are very familiar with hosting tournaments and have lots of experience with it. If you are the host, that doesn't mean you are the "leader" of some sort... I'm just saying that you don't have to be too harsh on this, since we can just leave you like this and continue hosting our own tournaments... I think you should at least be happy that there are people wanting to help you, so treating them like that will throw off their trusts from you.
Alright. I will remove the last part. This is my first tournament so I appreciate all the advice and help I can get!
Deivedux

Swegmec wrote:

Deivedux wrote:

Alright. I will remove the last part. This is my first tournament so I appreciate all the advice and help I can get!
:3
NunchuckguyShaq
Yayy I'm alone

Update : Sorry something just came up, will not be able to join
Sorry for any inconvenience caused
ToTaLTeRaByTe
Hey i'm down for this :)

Edit:
Will we be notified of who our partners are (signed up solo) before the tourney and if so when? And will we be able to see the map pool thanks :)
moltaar
Hyped for this ! :D
show more