forum

AusNZ! 4K Mania Tournament 2017 [Tourney Finished]

posted
Total Posts
show more
RipJang
I'm way out of practice, but sign me up anyway please :)
SuddenDeath-
Count me in, ill have my new keyboard by then :^)
Jaye
I'll be joining you guys once again for broken fingers hype!
( yeah that means I want to join please ;w; )
AnonymousK
Well, uhhh, I would like to join if you don't mind a hella low ranked person playing. FYI 40k with 908pp
So.... I'll play to get eliminated early :o
Topic Starter
Synnical

AnonymousK wrote:

Well, uhhh, I would like to join if you don't mind a hella low ranked person playing. FYI 40k with 908pp
So.... I'll play to get eliminated early :o
No worries, I've added you to the list. Don't fret too much about being low ranked, as long as you do your best that's all we can ask for.

Additionally I've updated the listings again with the new participant registrations.
Need more NZ players to balance out the AU player influx :^)
Takaikioi
Sign me up, Scotty!
Parachor
Hey there, participants!

I'm here to hopefully answer some questions you may have about the Qualifier Round, as this is the first year that the AusNZ mania tournament has included one.

So how exactly does the qualifier work?

Basically, the Qualifier map pool has 4 maps. You will be given a certain time to appear in a multiplayer room (if the time we give you does not work, then please let one of the organisers know so that we can reschedule you). You will not exactly be competing against the other players in the room, instead, your aim is to get the best score you can.

We will run through the 4 maps in order twice, and we will record your best score of the two for each map. Once everyone's scores have been recorded, we take your cumulative score and rank everyone from highest to lowest. The top 32 will proceed to the Round of 32, and the remaining players will be eliminated. If you end up in the top 32, your ranking is your seeding, from 1st to 32nd, and will dictate where you sit on the ladder and who you will compete against. From there, the tournament runs as the usual double-elimination format.

What kind of maps can we expect?

The four maps can be split into four tiers: Tier One to Tier Four. Because the qualification works as a seeding system as well as an elimination system, the maps need to diversify the scores of the lesser experienced players, but they also need to spread the scores of the top players too. This means that the Tier Four map will be difficult! (Sorry newer players!)

While I cannot release the actual difficulties for the four maps, expect the Star Rating range to be in-between about 2.3* to 4.6*. Don't panic if you can't play maps as difficult as the highest tier! All that matters is that you do well at the lower tiered maps, and to just try your best when it comes to the higher tiered maps.

Also, rest assured that all 4 maps aren't aimed towards a specific skillset. The maps are quite diverse in the ways that they will challenge you.

Still need an example?

This year's qualifier round is based off the qualifier round in the SOFT osu!mania FFA Tournament, so take a look at their qualifier and the kind of maps that they used in their map pool. Maybe even practice their 4 maps if you want to experience what it will be like!

If you have any more question, please feel free to ask me on Discord (the link to the tournament discord is in the main thread post), I'm happy to clear up any confusion or concerns you may have.

Thanks, and good luck!
Raadikins
I would like to participate in the tournament
blackout-

Truck-kun wrote:

AusNZ! 4K Mania Tournament

Welcome to the 2017 Edition of the Australia & New Zealand 4K Mania tournament!

Stream Link: https://www.twitch.tv/ausutourneys

Discord Tournament Server: https://discord.gg/A33bVJa

Tournament Staff
Truck-kun : Event Organiser / Referee
Parachor : Event Organiser / Beatmap Selector / Referee
Pew : Background Guy

Yellyfish : Beatmap Selector / Commentator
Lusty Platypus : Beatmap Selector / Commentator / Referee
Shirinisu : Commentator / Referee
ExVeemon : Beatmap Selector
CrumpetFiddler : Referee
Vaporwave : Referee
Cannu : Referee
Allsum : Streamer
NotDeadYet : Streamer
Kaiza : Streamer
Knif3rism : Commentator
GruzzlyBear : Graphics Design
hannanos : Numbers Guy / Mascot

Tournament Rules

Main Rules
1. Tournament is open to all players living in Australia/New Zealand (* It is also open to Aus/NZ players who are living abroad, from Aus/NZ - Please contact one of the staff members in this case.)
2. This tournament style is a double elimination bracket with qualifying round
3. Seedings are based on your performance in the qualifying round
4. The tournament has no participant limit (We are allowing more than 32 entrants this year)
5. Any people that insults/fights/or has a poor attitude with other players and/or tournament staff will be disqualified (Same goes for staff members participating in tournament)
6. Score V1 will be used
7. ausu! community rules also applies to this tournament, any rule break in the community servers (e.g. discord) can have potential disqualification and bans from participating in this and future Ausu! tournaments.

Match Rules
1. 1 on 1 4K match
2. Highest score wins (revived scores count)
3. The map pools contain 14 maps and 1 tiebreaker (Picked from a variety of skill sets including LN, SV, Jacks, Speed, Stamina, Technical, Basic)
4. You can add only Hidden, Fade in or Flashlight in all the pools
5. You are granted 1 ban per match
6. You get 1 4K warm-up pick (limit up to 5 mins per warmup)
7. !roll will determine who will pick the beatmap first
8. The lowest roll will ban the map first, followed by the highest roller
9. You have to be on the match on the scheduled time
10. If you aren't here 10 mins past the match time the other player wins by default
11. Revival scores count
12. If both players fail, the player with the highest failed score wins the point
13. If the scores are tied, then the beatmap will be played again

Tournament Structure
Seedings are based on your performance in the qualifying round
5 points to win the match in the Round of 32
5 points to win the match in the Round of 16
6 points to win the match in the Round of 8
6 points to win the match in the Semifinals
7 points to win the match in the Finals
7 points to win the match in the Grand Finals

Match Rules (Qualifying round)
A group match where everyone who registers will play a series of maps to determine your seeding in the tournament
The highest 32 participants score average will proceed to group stage
The map pool contains 4 maps (Varied skills and difficulty)
You can add only Hidden, Fade in or Flashlight in this pool
There are no warm up maps and the pool will be played in a set order twice by the referee
If you do not arrive after 10 mins past the match start time you will be given a 0 score average unless you speak to a staff member prior to the qualifying round
Revival scores count
Score average is determined by your best score play for each of the four maps during the maps (maps are played twice)

Map Pools

Map pools will be added closer to the start date.

Qualifying Round
Will be released upon registrations closing

Dates

Each round will be played during the weekends in the afternoon/early evenings. Times will be in GMT +10 and +12

In the event that you cannot make your scheduled match, please talk to your opponent to arrange and confirm an alternative day and time. Once both parties have agreed please notify tournament staff so that the necessary arrangements can be made. Please notify the staff at the earliest possible time if there is a rescheduling to be done.

Reassigned match times will not be streamed.

Current Dates
Qualifying Round: December 10th-11th 2016
Round of 32: January 4th-8th 2017
Round of 16: January 14th-15th 2017
Round of 8: January 21st-22nd 2017
Quarter Finals: January 28th-29th 2017
Semi-Finals: February 4th-5th 2017
Grand Finals: February 11th-12th 2017

Prizes

\ o /
1st Place - AusNZ 4K 2017 Champions badge, additional prizes
2nd Place - SoonTM
3rd Place - SoonTM

Getting a 1 million score on a tourney map - Hug from a staff member of your choice.

Sign me up pls :)
Houy
Sign me up :)!
Topic Starter
Synnical
No problems, I'll add you all to the participants listing later today.

Since we're at the half way point, just a reminder that registrations close 5th Dec, 2016 upon which the qualifier map pool will be released to participants.

Practice well, everyone!
Alchalyne
sign me up please, thank you :)
curtiss02
sign 💯👌👀💯me 👌👀 the 👌👀 FUCK up

👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good shit go౦ԁ sHit👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌shit right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯 i say so 💯 thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good shit
Topic Starter
Synnical
No worries, I'll add you to the list.

My apologies for any tardiness, I just got back into town after a week of shift work.

Reminder that registration now closes at 5pm AEDST (GMT+11) Sunday 4th December, There will be a qualifier map pool showcase at http://www.twitch.tv/ausutourneys on 5pm AEDST (GMT+11) Sunday for those interested.
Kouhai A
Can I please sign up?
Rarth
Sign me up !
WhiteWolf16
Sign me up
Pew_old_1
http://puu.sh/szqtz/b311388cbc.rar
Pack is up for qualifying rounds

Tier 1 (SV) - Batting show (Normal)
Tier 2 (LN) - inside (Longing)
Tier 3 (Stream) - Malignant Narcissism (R40)
Tier 4 (Density) - 7CO (4k=R12)
Topic Starter
Synnical
Registration is now closed and the map pool (obviously) released.

Scheduling will be released within 48-72 hours or sooner assuming no catastrophes.

Reminder that if you cannot make your game please contact staff asap
Framps
Is it possible for me to do my qualifying match between the 26th December and the group stage? My only free time
Topic Starter
Synnical
Should be fine, hit up one of the organisers and we'll make arrangements
Parachor
The schedule for the qualifier matches this Saturday and Sunday can be seen here:

Please let an event organiser know immediately if you are unable to play at the time you have been given, and we will reschedule you to a better time.
Also, a reminder that all of this information and more is posted on the tournament Discord. It's highly recommended to join in so that you stay up-to-date.
Topic Starter
Synnical
Updated dates, included moar staff etc.

Due to mass participation we've included a R48 round where top 16 players don't play until 2nd week of competition.
Topic Starter
Synnical

Dates have been released for R48.

Note: It is the players responsibility to check their match times, and communicate with their opponent if they are not able to make the scheduled time to make new arrangements and notify staff upon agreeing on a new date/time.

Other stuff coming soon tm.
Topic Starter
Synnical
Maps for R48 and R32 released

Both rounds will use the same set of maps.
puu.sh links will come eventually, for now you'll have to DL individually.

Topic Starter
Synnical
Scheduling for r32 released

If you need to reschedule contact your opponent and get confirmation first before coming to staff
Topic Starter
Synnical
Schedule for this weekend released map details to follow since I'm on phone atm

Edit: the dates are wrong by one day but times are correct. I'll correct this when I'm not at work.
Topic Starter
Synnical
Due to recent events I am disappointed to have to announce that people who fail to turn up to their scheduled match without notifying staff will be disqualified immediately and barred from entering an ausu hosted tournament for 12 months

We will now be asking for a minimum notice period of 24hrs before your game if you are not able to make the scheduled time as it is a waste of time and resources for staff to have to wait around for a game that won't occur.

Thank you for your understanding. If you have any questions please feel free to ask your nearest available tourney host.
Topic Starter
Synnical
Scheduling for those who refer to the thread. Reminder PMs have been sent out to players so they don't forget to turn up.
R8 maps and DL links have posted as well.

Topic Starter
Synnical
Schedule and maps are up for this weekend

Topic Starter
Synnical
Due to laziness I have not updated this in a while. I apologise.

Grand Final is this weekend, I will update the necessary tabs within the next 24 hours.
hans1999
Where is Grand Finals Map pools
Topic Starter
Synnical
It's coming.
Almost a month late, but it's coming.

The tournament has also concluded, dramatic banter to follow soon tm.
Topic Starter
Synnical
Please enjoy results
Technically no one won overall, however Rek was awarded badge

Worms
WBD CREW
WBD CREW
WBD CREW
WBD CREW
WBD CREW
WBD CREW
WBD CREW