Total Posts
show more
mssiewbao
Sign me Up :D
mememachine420
Sign me up, I'll give it a go for laughs. :lol:
Lay
So many Kiwis!
Aaaaah~ Brings a tear to my eye, gonna be a great tournament, one I can finally participate in
instead of ditching.
Reishara
Sign me up please :D
[ Pustules ]
I'll join :D
sooky
Sign me up!! :D
-PABZ-
I want to sign up :D
Sparxe
I'm down. Please sign me up.
XER0qxx
Sign me up too =x
Topic Starter
Synnical
I'm going to update the listings again, it is fantastic to see so many New Zealand players sign up for the tournament.

Just as a side note: we have more than 32 players now which is a fantastic result less than 48 hours after we opened registrations.

Additionally, I'd like to announce that we've had confirmation that the winner of the 2017 tournament will receive a badge on their profile to share with the world, in addition to other prizes that are yet to be announced.
Lay

Truck-kun wrote:

Just as a side note: we have more than 32 players now which is a fantastic result less than 48 hours after we opened registrations.
That's awesome! Also good to see so many NZers joining \o/

Truck-kun wrote:

Additionally, I'd like to announce that we've had confirmation that the winner of the 2017 tournament will receive a badge on their profile to share with the world.
OuO
That'll never be me but woooo~!
Crono
guess I am joining. please don't give me a default win this year. I prefer to lose a match then win by default.

Sorry please pester me with reminders if you don't mind. I have a history of being afk for the matches. :o :roll:
WhiteWeebWolf
Sign me up plz
Otsu mugi
;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Mischa_Smirnov
I would like to sign up if possible, give me an amazing reason to practice super hard for this :)
Jaldo
Sign me up pls!
Topic Starter
Synnical
I will be updating the list shortly.
I also understand that there may be a change with how the first stage after qualifiers work, this will be confirmed by the end the day.
Zismac
Is it too late to sign up?
Kites
hi
can i get rekt by worms
ty
Worms

Shirinisu wrote:

hi
can i get rekt by worms
ty
permission denied k thnx
Topic Starter
Synnical

Zismac wrote:

Nope, you've got until December 5.
Kites

Worms wrote:

Shirinisu wrote:

hi
can i get rekt by worms
ty
permission denied k thnx
i give myself permission
Where Is Dad
Throw me inside of the registration list because this saucy meme wants in :^)
Zismac

Truck-kun wrote:

Zismac wrote:

Nope, you've got until December 5.
Oh cool! Sign me up!
Topic Starter
Synnical
No problems my friend.

There are now 43 participants in this tournament, which is really great to see.
For those curious the breakdown is currently 22 NZ, 21 AU participants.
FantumEX
Well, if its still available to register. I'm in :D
Topic Starter
Synnical

FantumEX wrote:

Well, if its still available to register. I'm in :D
You are in my friend, fear not.
We don't have a player limit this year :^)
Krimzen
I'm in for this, hell yeah.
sahuang
So many pro players o.o
Guess I'm joining for fun, sign me up pls
Thanks!
Rek
yo sign me up

this is how u reg right
peachychuu
Sign me up plserino
Vash0110
sign me up fam
Topic Starter
Synnical
I've added you all.

Also we're up to 50 participants now!
RipJang
I'm way out of practice, but sign me up anyway please :)
SuddenDeath-
Count me in, ill have my new keyboard by then :^)
Jaye
I'll be joining you guys once again for broken fingers hype!
( yeah that means I want to join please ;w; )
AnonymousK
Well, uhhh, I would like to join if you don't mind a hella low ranked person playing. FYI 40k with 908pp
So.... I'll play to get eliminated early :o
Topic Starter
Synnical

AnonymousK wrote:

Well, uhhh, I would like to join if you don't mind a hella low ranked person playing. FYI 40k with 908pp
So.... I'll play to get eliminated early :o
No worries, I've added you to the list. Don't fret too much about being low ranked, as long as you do your best that's all we can ask for.

Additionally I've updated the listings again with the new participant registrations.
Need more NZ players to balance out the AU player influx :^)
Takaikioi
Sign me up, Scotty!
Parachor
Hey there, participants!

I'm here to hopefully answer some questions you may have about the Qualifier Round, as this is the first year that the AusNZ mania tournament has included one.

So how exactly does the qualifier work?

Basically, the Qualifier map pool has 4 maps. You will be given a certain time to appear in a multiplayer room (if the time we give you does not work, then please let one of the organisers know so that we can reschedule you). You will not exactly be competing against the other players in the room, instead, your aim is to get the best score you can.

We will run through the 4 maps in order twice, and we will record your best score of the two for each map. Once everyone's scores have been recorded, we take your cumulative score and rank everyone from highest to lowest. The top 32 will proceed to the Round of 32, and the remaining players will be eliminated. If you end up in the top 32, your ranking is your seeding, from 1st to 32nd, and will dictate where you sit on the ladder and who you will compete against. From there, the tournament runs as the usual double-elimination format.

What kind of maps can we expect?

The four maps can be split into four tiers: Tier One to Tier Four. Because the qualification works as a seeding system as well as an elimination system, the maps need to diversify the scores of the lesser experienced players, but they also need to spread the scores of the top players too. This means that the Tier Four map will be difficult! (Sorry newer players!)

While I cannot release the actual difficulties for the four maps, expect the Star Rating range to be in-between about 2.3* to 4.6*. Don't panic if you can't play maps as difficult as the highest tier! All that matters is that you do well at the lower tiered maps, and to just try your best when it comes to the higher tiered maps.

Also, rest assured that all 4 maps aren't aimed towards a specific skillset. The maps are quite diverse in the ways that they will challenge you.

Still need an example?

This year's qualifier round is based off the qualifier round in the SOFT osu!mania FFA Tournament, so take a look at their qualifier and the kind of maps that they used in their map pool. Maybe even practice their 4 maps if you want to experience what it will be like!

If you have any more question, please feel free to ask me on Discord (the link to the tournament discord is in the main thread post), I'm happy to clear up any confusion or concerns you may have.

Thanks, and good luck!
show more