forum

when did this community get soo fucking cancerous???

posted
Total Posts
show more
winber1
op is faggot
Rilene

EneT wrote:

I haven't even played this game in a year so I can't really say. I stopped when PewdiePie uploaded a video of him playing the game which resulted in a lot of his fans flooding into the game; that may be the cause of it.
I don't think generic PewDiePie fans lasts a week of osu!.
Rurree
RILENE PLEASE CHECK THE BEATMAP THREAD OF MY MAP THAT YOU MODDED I THINK I FIXED EVERYTHING (obv not everything but you get what i mean, i'm sure it needs more mods)
NarixuZen
simply add the fact that people leave when you switch to a beatmap they never had.
Rilene
dang, you got me in a wrong time because i turned pc off
ok, it will be tomorrow evening
Railey2

EneT wrote:

I haven't even played this game in a year so I can't really say. I stopped when PewdiePie uploaded a video of him playing the game which resulted in a lot of his fans flooding into the game; that may be the cause of it.
when pewdiepie made his video, the veteran osu players launched their biggest campaign to belittle and make fun of new players yet. So.. no. Pewdiepies fans have little to do with it. Petty assholes that boost their ego through looking down on less experienced players have always been around.
HootOwlStar
people are realistic and individualistic, and not everyone could think via common sense nor correct mindsets. the community is always cancerous anyway, not only in this game but the actual society, it's just that the probability distribution of games having bitches is uneven due to different preferences of people, and this game seems unlucky in a way or another lolz.

when one figured out there are people acting wrongly, correcting them for the sake of justice is always the positive way.
Offdensen
I remember when I sucked at this game,and someone joined at the same time I did,beat me in a map I had no idea what to do in.
Along with a skype call,I was beaten down.

This is why I do not do multi anymore.
Railey2

FelicianoGasai wrote:

I remember when I sucked at this game,and someone joined at the same time I did,beat me in a map I had no idea what to do in.
Along with a skype call,I was beaten down.

This is why I do not do multi anymore.
because you got shit on once? For that reason, you reject the entirety of multiplayer?

That's like saying I tripped over a rock once therefore I will never go outside again.
Jellyblob
x
Endaris

Railey2 wrote:

EneT wrote:

when pewdiepie made his video, the veteran osu players launched their biggest campaign to belittle and make fun of new players yet. So.. no. Pewdiepies fans have little to do with it. Petty assholes that boost their ego through looking down on less experienced players have always been around.
That being said, Pewdiepie made a really onesided video..."anime as fuck". Seriously. It's hard to embrace the followers of someone who slates osu! like that.
Railey2
osu is a game that you really need to play for a while to get the hang of it. Of course he can't just go into it and make a super comprehensive review, doing justice to every single aspect of the game.

He captured the perception of someone who just starts the game up for the first time moderately well. It kind of is anime af.
winber1

Railey2 wrote:

osu is a game that you really need to play for a while to get the hang of it. Of course he can't just go into it and make a super comprehensive review, doing justice to every single aspect of the game.

He captured the perception of someone who just starts the game up for the first time moderately well. It kind of is anime af.
we'll make a wall, a great wall, and then we'll deport all the weebs #makeosugreatagain
Endaris

Railey2 wrote:

There is "anime" and then there's catering to the negative side of the weeaboo-cliché. Imo he did the latter.

I have at least one person on my friend list who came to osu! through pewdiepie and he is legitimately ashamed of it.

Good idea, binwer.
Jellyblob
x
Railey2

Endaris wrote:

Railey2 wrote:

There is "anime" and then there's catering to the negative side of the weeaboo-cliché. Imo he did the latter.

I have at least one person on my friend list who came to osu! through pewdiepie and he is legitimately ashamed of it.

Good idea, binwer.
time for osu to stop being a trash game then.

The default skin is really ugly, the tutorial is garbage, default hitsounds are annoying and what the fuck is going on with combobursts?

It only becomes a decent game once you've cut through all the trash, as in...got a proper skin and downloaded some good maps.

If people want others to not see this game as "anime as fuck", then maybe we should stop having nanahira maps with lolis in the background. This is definitely our fault.
Zain Sugieres
You are all trash at this game
Stefan
Playing MP alone in osu! is like playing any MMO or MOBA alone and/or with randoms.
Llahmah 2
The high ranks are cancerous. *popcorn*
ColdTooth
It got cancerous when the new ranking system for maps got into place
winber1

Railey2 wrote:

If people want others to not see this game as "anime as fuck", then maybe we should stop having nanahira maps with lolis in the background. This is definitely our fault.
whoa there

i have definitely never used a background with some anime girl. what kind of sick fuck would do that. what kind of monsters are we?
Railey2
isn't this map bundled?
Go figure, lol

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/295581
Stefan

Endaris wrote:

Good idea, binwer.
May I ask what's wrong with this person? If he enjoys osu!, is there a reason to be ashamed by the fact that he knows the game over pewdiepie? I heard about the game over a german Let's Player while I highly dislike them nowadays, should I feel bad because of that? That's hypocritical.
[-CeMAqpOP-]kee
shut the fuck up lmao
Jellyblob
x
winber1

Jellyblob56 wrote:

well i mean, up until like a year ago if you watched pewdiepie you were a fuckin faggot.
are you saying that if i begin to watch pewdiepie i won't be a faggot?

nice better start watching now then
Jellyblob
x
sicalmforgost
maybe a bot that hosts random maps from certain star range (example, 3 to 4.5) and for specific keys in case of mania, idk. The bot wouldn't mind the bitching in the chat. But to be fair, just join a multiplayer room and expect for the best, i mean there's a lot of people with different level so....
EDIT
By the way, this thread kinda feels like shitposting now.... :?
Jellyblob
x
clayton

sicalmforgost wrote:

maybe a bot that hosts random maps from certain star range (example, 3 to 4.5) and for specific keys in case of mania, idk. The bot wouldn't mind the bitching in the chat. But to be fair, just join a multiplayer room and expect for the best, i mean there's a lot of people with different level so....
You may be interested in this project
Railey2

Jellyblob56 wrote:

well he's actually a little funny now tbh.
nah man. You just have shit taste.

Cl8n wrote:

You may be interested in this project
congratz on unban, pls behave
Jellyblob
x
Endaris

Stefan wrote:

Endaris wrote:

Good idea, binwer.
May I ask what's wrong with this person? If he enjoys osu!, is there a reason to be ashamed by the fact that he knows the game over pewdiepie? I heard about the game over a german Let's Player while I highly dislike them nowadays, should I feel bad because of that? That's hypocritical.
You could call it hypocritical but you could also call it an average development of someone's personality.
Disliking parts of one's past self is completely normal if you ask me - ashamed wasn't meant as in "being afraid someone might find out".
Foxtrot

Endaris wrote:

You could call it hypocritical but you could also call it an average development of someone's personality.
Disliking parts of one's past self is completely normal if you ask me - ashamed wasn't meant as in "being afraid someone might find out".
Jesus fucking christ, it's just a YouTube channel. What a prick for calling it "average development of someone's personality"
Endaris
The statement was more general.
Also gj resorting to swear words right away.
johnmedina999
I have to agree with this. Whenever we have a good normal-hard lobby, it is basically guaranteed that better players will come in within the hour and request harder songs. This happens especially in host rotation lobbies. What ends up happening is all the original players that played in the lobby leave, and the lobby becomes 4*-5* and it sucks. There usually isn't more than 6 for lobbies for osu!mania on a regular day so finding a lobby that I can play in can be difficult at times, and I just resort to playing singleplayer.