forum

[resolved] Passed with 90% but weighted 30%???

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Fix
Hey! I've been playing for 3 months now, not caring about my rank until around 2 weeks ago, I realized something. I don't know how the pp system works but how come it does this?

I have a 92.72% on this beatmap, along with many more 10 other A scores > 90%.

Yet it shows this

19pp but weighted 7pp?
Now the problem is why it weighted at 36%? Did I accidentally score a low score or something? ;-;
Upskirt
Your score is weighed lower than other scores because the accuracy and combo is lower than the scores above it. Improving your accuracy and combo on the map will rise the weighting and the percentage.

Scores are weighted in relation to your top score in accordance to the star rating and how well you performed on the beatmap.

Check the wiki for more information.

Link provided.
Topic Starter
Fix

Venzire wrote:

Your score is weighed lower than other scores because the accuracy and combo is lower than the scores above it. Improving your accuracy and combo on the map will rise the weighting and the percentage.
Scores are weighted in relation to your top score in accordance to the star rating and how well you performed on the beatmap.
Check the wiki for more information.
Link provided.

So if I FC the song with a 95% acc, it will show weigh 95% acc?
Kao
Did the wiki? You should read it.

Scores aren't weighed by their accuracy
t]Why did I only gain 30pp when the map I played gives 100pp?

PP is a weighted system. This means that your highest pp score gives 100% of its pp, the next one 95% and so on. So your 100pp score may only be weighted around 30%. This does not, however, mean that you actually get a 100% pp gain, even if you set a new personal top performance, as every other score you have will be weighted less than they did before. It's quite easy if you think about it for a little bit:

Let's imagine that your top rank only has 2 maps and looks like this:
#1. 100pp, weighted 100%
#2. 100pp, weighted 95%

Your total pp will then be 100 + 95 = 195pp. If you now set a 110pp score, your top rank will look like this:
#1. 110pp, weighted 100%
#2. 100pp, weighted 95%
#3. 100pp, weighted 90%

As you can see, your new total pp is not 195 + 110 = 305pp, but 110 + 95 + 90 = 295pp.
Starrodkirby86
That weighted metric is relative to other top performance plays you made. In other words, it's saying that it contributes to 7pp of all of your overall PP score, which is ~36% of that play's PP.

If you FC a song with 95% accuracy, you'd have to see how its base PP relates to your other top plays. If that play is your TOP play, and say it's like 100pp, then all 100 of that PP contributed to your total PP score, pushing the previous top play down. So if you had a previous top play that was 48pp, then now 95% of that 48pp will contribute to your total PP on osu!, and so forth.
Topic Starter
Fix
Ah okay. I couldn't really understand the wiki. Thanks.

EDIT: How do I set it as resolved?
Pawsu
A support team member will do so. ;)