forum

mp3 frequency response graph?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
AxE Galaxy
I have honestly no idea where to post this. I figured "Off-Topic" would be the safest. I'm considering to go into story boarding but I don't know how people read frequency from mp3 files. Take the map "EOS" for example, SB by 11t. at the bottom, the bars responds to the music. I have experience in C# but can anyone please give me pointers to resources that an "extract" these frequency numbers? Putting those numbers in a SB will be easy for me, thanks.
AutoMedic

AxE Galaxy wrote:

I figured "Off-Topic" would be the safest
it isn't
Tornado
Off topic is the worst idea.

Ask it on General Discussion forum
Jellyblob
x
FuZ
yes
abraker

AxE Galaxy wrote:

Tornado wrote:

No, don't ask it there. Try the Dev subforum for coding related stuff next time

To answer your question, research spectrograms (what you want, but displays a range of time instead of one point in time like bars) and Fourier transforms (math magic that converts wave data to frequency). Here are somethings that might help you get started:
1) this
2) this
3) this
4) this
Topic Starter
AxE Galaxy

Tornado wrote:

Off topic is the worst idea.
I'm sure it isn't

abraker wrote:

AxE Galaxy wrote:

abraker wrote:

Tornado wrote:

No, don't ask it there. Try the Dev subforum for coding related stuff next time
Will next time, thanks.

abraker wrote:

To answer your question, research spectrograms (what you want, but displays a range of time instead of one point in time like bars) and Fourier transforms (math magic that converts wave data to frequency). Here are somethings that might help you get started:
1) this
2) this
3) this
4) this
That is perfect! Just what I needed! Thanks a million!! :)
Starrodkirby86
On another note, there is a Storyboarding forum that has a wealth of information. You may also want to look at Storybrew, where Damnae implemented a FFT-based analysis and capture of an audio file.
Topic Starter
AxE Galaxy

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

On another note, there is a Storyboarding forum that has a wealth of information. You may also want to look at Storybrew, where Damnae implemented a FFT-based analysis and capture of an audio file.
I honestly didn't knew about that storyboard sub forum... and Storybrew looks like an amazing tool!!! :D Thanks Starrod!
[-CeMAqpOP-]kee
its literally random