forum

Kobaryo - Magical Sanctuary [Taiko]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Raiden

Surono wrote:

recheck, yeah I saw arridem juliam madnuts.

01:16:573 - volume conflict
03:00:355 - 03:34:949 - kiais conflict
00:27:207 - end slider here then 00:27:568 - start spinner for kantan and futsuu

Kantan
* 02:51:708 - add d no, not risking spread issues
* 03:34:949 - ~ 03:52:246 - ahh.. seems its roughly compared with futsuu, so I wanna recommend here to applied like x xxx 1/1 and then half of this kiai with 2plet 1/1.. just reminder for spread or idk what you want to do in here, its KOBORYOH ww rhythm is kept consistent even if it looks ugly, spread is also kept pretty okayish since the jump to muzukashii from futsuu would be way considered inappropriate if I made the jump from kantan to futsuu so small

Futsuu
* 00:33:874 - this is one that sound weird.. 00:33:874 - move to 00:33:694 - , 00:34:414 - kat and move 00:34:234 - . yeah make it consistent and for next similar part

Hell
02:36:813 (9,10) - wanna delete these to make it like reduced spread? it fits with 02:36:753 - this sfx stop XD

some unused green lines are necessary for babydiffs? 03:51:885 - like from here like i responded to dain's mod, they do no harm so not gonna bother removing them manually
madnuts
Surono
~MINIHELLGAME~Raiden333g: I belive able to EF CI dis HATAI with 69.00% PF SSS hel yeh madnuts hellgem

its enough, aaaaaa this game so SPUUKI X"D

raidun feelink

CAWs many!
Topic Starter
Raiden
caw
Arrival
You may want to add Candy Speed Pops to the tags tbh, it's the album xd
Topic Starter
Raiden
yes i need to add "chaotic" too
tasuke912
Hi
[ General]
  1. no need 166.5 bpm lines.
  2. 02:02:698 (1) - You should review this part's volume.
[ Kantan]
  1. 02:36:572 (2) - I suggest that you remove this note, it would work nicely as a small break.
  2. 02:58:915 (2) - Try removing this?
  3. 03:35:309 - 03:00:355 (1) - Inconsistent structure.
  4. 03:47:381 (3,3,3) - Song doesn't require those patterns at all. I know why you made this but you know why I pointed out. I would suggest that you make 5 or 7-plets instead.
[ Futsuu]
  1. 03:50:084 (4,5,6) - ddk makes better structure.
  2. 03:40:895 (25) - should be removed for consistency.
[ Muzukashii]
  1. 01:05:312 (2) - it is allowable but i don't think ignoring kicks is best idea here.
[ Oni]
  1. 00:31:351 (6) - 00:34:234 (6) - 00:42:882 (6) - 00:45:764 (6) - You don't have to simplify rhythm since this difficulty is for advanced players. move them to left
[ Hakai]
  1. I strongly recommend that you remove high SVs. (03:34:949 - ) One reason is that change of density sufficiently emphasizes the song, and the other is that they are simply too fast (not impossible tho).
Topic Starter
Raiden
thanks tasuke! applied all except:
1. ((03:35:309 - 03:00:355 (1) - Inconsistent structure.)) I do not treat them as the same part, therefore they have different structure.
2. ((01:05:312 (2) - it is allowable but i don't think ignoring kicks is best idea here.)) Retained to hold a steady rhythm and not suddenly confuse players
3. While not removed, I nerfed last Hakai's SV. I think the density increase only lacks some kind of feeling for the last blasting section of the song.

edit: also 166,5 BPM sections are indeed necessary. Even if not intended by artist, those sections are certainly not 333 bpm. In the description there is a timing talk log with Bonsai
tasuke912
the issues have been solved. last SV is allowable.

Re-bubbled!
Surono
hell_game.exe
Pachiru
Surono, my child. You have great taste in music.

And gg Raiden :)
[ Eon Fox ]
As many point out that the qualified stage is a point to express legitimate concerns, I feel that, despite the fact that my words will likely be dismissed due to the fact that the mapper is a BN (and hence more qualified that me to pass judgment), I still want to voice my concerns about this map.

Kobaryo is a very popular artist to map in the Taiko community, no less for the unique sound of the maps than for the challenging and complex musical structure. It pushes the limits of players because it challenges them by seeing just how high of a raw bpm they withstand without losing their stride. This allows for one to test their sheer power of movement, level of accuracy and speed of reading, and the full potential of their skill.

But I feel that there is something a little... off here. Something is missing that I can't envision Kobaryo being without. When yumuya created Necrophagiatoast, I could see the essence of the song in perfect harmony with what speedcore in Taiko is to me: a constant barrage of complex notes and rapid patterns at the tried and true single SV per diff mindset we have come to know and love.

I just don't get that here. It's simply gone. "166.5 BPM" and "Kobaryo" don't go together in the same sentence together, unless a word like "not" is involved. I mean, yeah, I get it, Raiden didn't think over 300BPM was viable. But, I'm sorry, you can't just take a song that is 333 BPM and then act like it's going to be the same at 166.5 if you manipulate the SV enough. It's not right, and it only serves to make the map much more difficult than it needs to be, and for all the wrong reasons.

Now, to be honest, I actually like the map's note structure itself. I think it makes total sense and fits perfectly with the concept of Kobaryo. But I think it only serves to hurt the map to have all these jury-rigged SV sections to try to make up for the fact that the BPM is being treated as 166.5 instead of 333BPM. There's just no need for it, and it would be a wonderful map without it.

Raiden, I understand how frustrating the concept of having to go all to qualified and then have to make a big change and get it requalified must be. I understand you've put forth a lot of hard work on a long journey to get here with this map. But please, I implore you, take out these SV changes and stick to just one SV, and make it 333BPM instead of 166.5BPM. Yes, it's a lot of extra work I'm asking that you do, but don't you think it's worth it to make these changes if it is for the sake of making this map the best it can be?
Surono
wwww orz whats this
OnosakiHito
Disqualified the beatmap for the unsnapped sliders. I talked to the mapper already but let me say one more time what the reason behind this is: We are since a longer time not allowed to snap sliders forcefully anymore since ppy told us to stop so. Reason is that once this issues is fixed, beatmaps with such extended sliders will become bugged as we experienced it already in the TWC2017 with the mod Score v2. Because of this, please resnap sliders like 01:04:681 (1) - to prevent your map becoming bugged in the future.

Additionally, and less important, I would like to suggest using the actual cover of this song's album instead of a picture you only see half of it on the actual map. It's smaller than the current one, but it doesn't really effect the look of its quality at all since it appears to be somewhat blurry anyway. If one things this is too "suggestive", just ignore adding this as BG.

One more thing I would like to point out is what Eon Fox said: The BPM 166.5 in itself is no problem at all as it fits very well to the actual pace of the song on its place. As for the SV, I let this decide for everyone on its own and see what the community thinks about it. However, personally I find these quiet fitting to the pace of the song as it changes every 8th stanza which Raiden followed accurately. What else supports this is the use of 1/4. The faster the pace, the more 1/4 appear as song provides - the slower the pace, the less up to none 1/4 appear at all which make the 1/2 more appealing on a slower SV as well. It fits better the pace of the song. I leave this open to the community.

On a more serious note, and here I have to comply with my obligations as moderator: @[ Eon Fox ]: Please refrain of harassing other users in the forums or in this case, in disqus. We can understand if one feels at times unheard, but it doesn't give you the right to be so passive aggressive at one. Your comments will be removed if this beatmap happens to become qualified again. Furthermore, if it happens that you continue with this kind of behaviour, we will have to reconsider your privileges of posting in disqus and take further actions of punishment. Please take this as a warning and try to stay calm.

Disqualified.
Topic Starter
Raiden
I will fix the mentioned issues shortly.

As for the Backgroud image, I am not sure lol

edit: fixed the forcefully snapped sliders

About the BG, I'm going to have to decline since the current one is of higher quality and resolution.

About the SV, I'm not sure which one you're talking about.
Hanjamon
The last SV it's okay for me, when i tested the map for first time it wasn't readable at all for me, now i don't have nothing against it as it's more playable and keeps a good representation of the song, now waiting for the requalify, gl Raiden.
Surono
Sanictuary
tasuke912
Magical
Pachiru
Gratz again Raiden :)
Topic Starter
Raiden
Thank you :D
Raytoly
Hell map ;o;