forum

Stefan Karl Stefansson & Mani Svavarsson - We are Number One

posted
Total Posts
show more
Cryptic
Why are funny, gag and lmao legitimate tags? I get meme as other internet memes have been tagged in the past, but those three don't really make much sense to me.
Topic Starter
GIDZ

Cryptic wrote:

Why are funny, gag and lmao legitimate tags? I get meme as other internet memes have been tagged in the past, but those three don't really make much sense to me.
Removed and updated~

Edit: Metadata update

vipto

Cryptic wrote:

"meme" shouldnt be there either.
Topic Starter
GIDZ

peitschzwei wrote:

Cryptic wrote:

why not? It relates. https://www.reddit.com/r/dankmemes/comm ... _the_year/
Topic Starter
GIDZ

Good to go again~
Cryptic

peitschzwei wrote:

Cryptic wrote:

I'd say that overall it makes more sense than the other tags did. Meme has been used as a tag in more than a few cases prior to this map and it does make sense to have it tagged as a "meme" because, well, it is. Personally, if those other maps weren't tagged with meme, I'd say this one shouldn't be tagged with meme either, but they were, so this probably should be too for consistency's sake.
unko
stop ranking this bad map and rank scuttttlebug insteaf
Shiirn
gidz, the qat is not who you're supposed to satisfy

it's me and viptwo.

generally speaking the DQing modders should reach some form of consensus with the mapper to help their map fix its perceived problems, you're not supposed to just go to the QAT, who doesn't give a shit about the map anyway, and ask for permission to pursue requalification.

and looking at the map, you did the bare minimum required to "fix" the map and as such i can safely say, fuck you, get some more polish done.

A zero effort meme map shouldn't be allowed. Put some effort into it.
vipto
Looking at how much you actually changed, mapping wise it's exactly one thing excluding the kiai thing.

This got dq'd for a reason and one lowely change certainly does not suffice in order to achieve proper quality.
Topic Starter
GIDZ

Shiirn wrote:

gidz, the qat is not who you're supposed to satisfy

it's me and viptwo.

generally speaking the DQing modders should reach some form of consensus with the mapper to help their map fix its perceived problems, you're not supposed to just go to the QAT, who doesn't give a shit about the map anyway, and ask for permission to pursue requalification.

and looking at the map, you did the bare minimum required to "fix" the map and as such i can safely say, fuck you, get some more polish done.

A zero effort meme map shouldn't be allowed. Put some effort into it.
But I've already responded and explained why I didnt apply some of ur thoughts :v
If u keep saying "polish", pls suggest how and not just pointing out the issues and flaming. Cuz I already thought out the map before mapping it.

Seems u're not happy yet, so I'll keep self modding for now~
Shiguma

- G I D Z - wrote:

But I've already responded and explained why I didnt apply some of ur thoughts :v
If u keep saying "polish", pls suggest how and not just pointing out the issues and flaming. Cuz I already thought out the map before mapping it.

Seems u're not happy yet, so I'll keep self modding for now~
I don't think they're saying "polish" but "remap" because the map doesn't agree with the song at all. There are critical errors in the map that you are just ignoring with red instead of fixing, and then you're like "but you're not helping" which I don't understand.

I think you should read thru their mods again and seriously consider fixing your map
Topic Starter
GIDZ

Shiguma wrote:

I don't think they're saying "polish" but "remap" because the map doesn't agree with the song at all. There are critical errors in the map that you are just ignoring with red instead of fixing, and then you're like "but you're not helping" which I don't understand.

I think you should read thru their mods again and seriously consider fixing your map
Yea, Im working on restructuring some parts, mostly on the 3/4 sliders~

Edit: Updated now (4.75-*>4.71*)
Myxo
You quoted me just slightly out of context, lmao. Yeah, with 'you can push it back to qualified' I meant you can call the BNs when you came to a conclusion with the modders, sorry for misunderstandings.

Nice to see you are making more changes for the better.
Alyseka
Hi! Just a small inconsistency i noticed. No kds.

Isn't this 02:24:611 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - sound here the same as 02:36:463 (5,6,7,8,9) - this one? Removing the slider and adding two kicksliders, like the first, makes more sense.

Gl with the Map!
Topic Starter
GIDZ

Strykerto wrote:

Hi! Just a small inconsistency i noticed. No kds.

Isn't this 02:24:611 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - sound here the same as 02:36:463 (5,6,7,8,9) - this one? Removing the slider and adding two kicksliders, like the first, makes more sense.

Gl with the Map!
Fixed!
Topic Starter
GIDZ
A number of structural reworks on the map:

1. Changed most 3/4 sliders to 1/2 sliders.
  2. 00:37:204 - , 00:43:130 - Pattern is now consistent throughout all Kiais.
  3. 00:45:352 - , 00:55:722 (3,4,5,6) - , 01:28:315 (3,4,5,6) - , 01:30:537 (1,2,3,4) - Reduced randomness on spacing and reduced spacing on jumps.
  4. 02:18:685 - Removed that stream emphasis for the sake of visuals. Used reverse slider + note instead.
fieryrage
o i could actually make a map for this now thinking

gl for next quali!
Okoratu
hmmm

looking back at it i think the 3/4 sliders you had for melodies such as 02:26:834 (1,2) - where one held sound was stretched out in the melody actually fit well just when you were ignoring them to ... emphasise drums over the main melody they didn't make as much sense in the earlier sections
Topic Starter
GIDZ

Okorin wrote:

hmmm

looking back at it i think the 3/4 sliders you had for melodies such as 02:26:834 (1,2) - where one held sound was stretched out in the melody actually fit well just when you were ignoring them to ... emphasise drums over the main melody they didn't make as much sense in the earlier sections
Well, I've removed them already for the sake of consistency across all Kiais and since there are sounds on the red tick as well. Tho I need Shiirn and viptwo to confirm this.
Topic Starter
GIDZ
Hmm this thread has been quiet for 2 days now so I assume there are no more complains? I'll get BN in 12hrs if there are no more posts that might point out major issues~ Ofcs, I'll still be tuning in for any other suggestions or opinions you may have.
Shiirn
why in such a hurry? do you just want a larger "ranked maps" number in your profile?
Topic Starter
GIDZ

Shiirn wrote:

why in such a hurry? do you just want a larger "ranked maps" number in your profile?
Like I said, Im still open to suggestions so if there is anything u still wanna point out then pls do so :)
Shiirn
i think you've actually done some fairly solid improvements to your difficulty, however, i still don't like:

01:24:611 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - This is still very bad for flow and spacing. Having an actual pattern with increasing spacing is far more playable and comfortable than just a weird awkward oblong circle.

02:18:685 (3,4) - for consistency shouldnt this be 5 circles?

02:45:722 (6,1) - swap new combos

bear in mind i still think the map is garbage due to the overall complete lack of structure and theme but as it stands right now it's teeeeechhhhnicalllyyyy fine and if the mapper himself is fine with it being a rather boring pile then that's that.
xLolicore-
(/・ω・)/ im gya
Topic Starter
GIDZ

Shiirn wrote:

i think you've actually done some fairly solid improvements to your difficulty, however, i still don't like:

01:24:611 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - This is still very bad for flow and spacing. Having an actual pattern with increasing spacing is far more playable and comfortable than just a weird awkward oblong circle.

02:18:685 (3,4) - for consistency shouldnt this be 5 circles?

02:45:722 (6,1) - swap new combos

bear in mind i still think the map is garbage due to the overall complete lack of structure and theme but as it stands right now it's teeeeechhhhnicalllyyyy fine and if the mapper himself is fine with it being a rather boring pile then that's that.
All fixed, tks for ur time on my map I rly appreciate it.

Edit: Updated map
CookieBite
rank pls <3
Rizia

Topic Starter
GIDZ

Rizia wrote:

Fixed
Rizia
rb
headphonewearer
when ur too lazy to write rebubble xd
Nakano Itsuki
reflec beat
Sonnyc
No.1.
00:40:167 (1,2) - I'd recommend you to use a same base spacing in the same section. Compare with the similar spacings of 00:35:722 (1,2) - 00:41:648 (1,2,3). Adjust this to 1.3x for consistency please.
00:44:611 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - 00:38:685 (1,2,3,4,5) - The music presents a similar feature, with the vocal "we are number one". Despite consistency of the music, the map does not show some kind of similarity inside the pattern. 00:38:685 (1,2,3,4,5) - this is some rotated symmetry pattern, while 00:44:611 (1,2,3) - is just random sliders. If the inconsistency was due to the difference of between 00:45:537 (4,5,6) and 00:39:611 (1,2), you could've made a similar pattern with a variation on that part. Just using an entirely different with no relationship at the similar part of the song didn't created a structure in your map.
00:54:611 (5,1) - tbh, I've got no idea why this contains such a wild jump while (1) isn't having some strong beat in the song to demand such. Also keep in mind that this was one of the biggest jumps in this map. Do you really think this part of the song calls for that?
00:59:704 - Unlike other vocal parts, this is containing a vocal at a blue line. And your mapping isn't really reflecting such difference. Two 1/2 sliders of 00:59:426 (1,2) is the similar with 00:57:945 (1,2) but the music is slightly different. Maybe you were giving more emphasis on the drums, but that doesn't mean you can just ignore the other consisting part of the song that creates a difference.
01:12:019 (2) - 01:54:982 (2) - Using a 1/4 slider as an artificial beat feels forced a lot, but this is just a personal opinion.
01:14:241 (1,2,3) - Spacings are noticably inconsistent. Use a consistent spacing according to a base spacing. Also don't forget to set it consistently with 01:18:685 (1,2) too.
01:14:982 (3,4,5,6) - You are using a center based jump here, and with a really inconsistent spacing between (3,4) and (4,5). While no musical difference being accompanied, this didn't looked some intentional mapping but some unpolished inconsistency. Since this pattern isn't forming some visual shape atm, just keeping the spacing consistent helps in organizing stuffs.
01:25:815 - 01:26:000 - Why didn't you mapped these? It felt quite weird to happen since you've almost never ignored a drum roll.
01:37:945 (1,2,3) - Spacings.
01:46:093 (4,5) - 01:46:834 (1,2,3) - 01:50:167 (2,3) - You will really want to think of a "consistent base spacing" for 1/2 objects. These are just unpolished. 1.00x? 1.10x? 1.20x? Just a consistent ONE please. Such difference are just inconsistencies which creates no structure inside a same section.
01:44:519 (2) - Overmapped object. Remove this please. Actually there is some similar beat around here, but it isn't 1/4. Better just not mapping it than using an inaccurate snapping.
02:24:797 (3) - 02:36:649 (7) - I know that a beat exists in the song, but considering the start of the stream contains a clap sound, it quite felt as if you were going to majorly follow the drum beats of the song. Just equally making the non-drum existing beat inside the stream didn't felt the music being properly expressed. Remove these objects, and get the drums expressed properly. Or at least insert some hitsound here not to indicate this is apart from the drums.

Not so bad, but neither anything really good enough to belong in the ranked category in my eyes. Technical skills are the ones you can improve on your future mappings. For example, the spacing concept is the one of the basic basics of mapping, but there were several spots which didn't even reached the minimum understanding. At least, the map contained some concept of a structure, yet not so strong. Popping over quality issues.

If you still want to get this ranked, 1) improve your overall mapping and make this mapset a very good quality to get my nomination 2) or just found 2 extra bns who agree with the current design.
Topic Starter
GIDZ

Sonnyc wrote:

No.1.
00:40:167 (1,2) - I'd recommend you to use a same base spacing in the same section. Compare with the similar spacings of 00:35:722 (1,2) - 00:41:648 (1,2,3). Adjust this to 1.3x for consistency please.
00:44:611 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - 00:38:685 (1,2,3,4,5) - The music presents a similar feature, with the vocal "we are number one". Despite consistency of the music, the map does not show some kind of similarity inside the pattern. 00:38:685 (1,2,3,4,5) - this is some rotated symmetry pattern, while 00:44:611 (1,2,3) - is just random sliders. If the inconsistency was due to the difference of between 00:45:537 (4,5,6) and 00:39:611 (1,2), you could've made a similar pattern with a variation on that part. Just using an entirely different with no relationship at the similar part of the song didn't created a structure in your map.
00:54:611 (5,1) - tbh, I've got no idea why this contains such a wild jump while (1) isn't having some strong beat in the song to demand such. Also keep in mind that this was one of the biggest jumps in this map. Do you really think this part of the song calls for that?
00:59:704 - Unlike other vocal parts, this is containing a vocal at a blue line. And your mapping isn't really reflecting such difference. Two 1/2 sliders of 00:59:426 (1,2) is the similar with 00:57:945 (1,2) but the music is slightly different. Maybe you were giving more emphasis on the drums, but that doesn't mean you can just ignore the other consisting part of the song that creates a difference.
01:12:019 (2) - 01:54:982 (2) - Using a 1/4 slider as an artificial beat feels forced a lot, but this is just a personal opinion.
01:14:241 (1,2,3) - Spacings are noticably inconsistent. Use a consistent spacing according to a base spacing. Also don't forget to set it consistently with 01:18:685 (1,2) too.
01:14:982 (3,4,5,6) - You are using a center based jump here, and with a really inconsistent spacing between (3,4) and (4,5). While no musical difference being accompanied, this didn't looked some intentional mapping but some unpolished inconsistency. Since this pattern isn't forming some visual shape atm, just keeping the spacing consistent helps in organizing stuffs.
01:25:815 - 01:26:000 - Why didn't you mapped these? It felt quite weird to happen since you've almost never ignored a drum roll.
01:37:945 (1,2,3) - Spacings.
01:46:093 (4,5) - 01:46:834 (1,2,3) - 01:50:167 (2,3) - You will really want to think of a "consistent base spacing" for 1/2 objects. These are just unpolished. 1.00x? 1.10x? 1.20x? Just a consistent ONE please. Such difference are just inconsistencies which creates no structure inside a same section.
01:44:519 (2) - Overmapped object. Remove this please. Actually there is some similar beat around here, but it isn't 1/4. Better just not mapping it than using an inaccurate snapping.
02:24:797 (3) - 02:36:649 (7) - I know that a beat exists in the song, but considering the start of the stream contains a clap sound, it quite felt as if you were going to majorly follow the drum beats of the song. Just equally making the non-drum existing beat inside the stream didn't felt the music being properly expressed. Remove these objects, and get the drums expressed properly. Or at least insert some hitsound here not to indicate this is apart from the drums.

Not so bad, but neither anything really good enough to belong in the ranked category in my eyes. Technical skills are the ones you can improve on your future mappings. For example, the spacing concept is the one of the basic basics of mapping, but there were several spots which didn't even reached the minimum understanding. At least, the map contained some concept of a structure, yet not so strong. Popping over quality issues.

If you still want to get this ranked, 1) improve your overall mapping and make this mapset a very good quality to get my nomination 2) or just found 2 extra bns who agree with the current design.
Hmm, since there is a lot of opposition with this map, I'm gonna remap it~ Tks for checking, I'll notify you when I finish with remap.
jack5osu
Note: none of these mods address anything map-breaking, therefore they are all optional.

All maps
Consider shortening the audio track to start at "Are you- a real villain?" instead of including the Lazy Town intro.
There is no background video.

Normal
Consider sustaining the drum roll at 01:02:574 by either changing it to a hold or adding 4 more circles, each 1/2 a step away from each other.

Hard
The fast drum rolls, for example at 00:36:648, might be a bit too hard to pull off for this difficulty.
The circle at 00:45:722 does not connect the circles after and before it well.
The net is thrown at 01:39:797 and lands at 01:40:167, so stringing a hold between these times might be a good idea.
Some drum sounds are missed at 02:07:111 and 02:07:389.

No.1
The fast drum rolls in Hard are not present in the No.1 difficulty.

Thanks for reading, can't wait to see this map updated!
Koiyuki
加油
Topic Starter
GIDZ

jack5osu wrote:

Note: none of these mods address anything map-breaking, therefore they are all optional.

All maps
Consider shortening the audio track to start at "Are you- a real villain?" instead of including the Lazy Town intro.
There is no background video. I want the original full thing there tho, feels incomplete if I cut off some parts of it

Normal
Consider sustaining the drum roll at 01:02:574 by either changing it to a hold or adding 4 more circles, each 1/2 a step away from each other. Not good for diff spread..

Hard
The fast drum rolls, for example at 00:36:648, might be a bit too hard to pull off for this difficulty. What do u mean, there are only 1/2 sliders there lol
The circle at 00:45:722 does not connect the circles after and before it well. Intentional as there is a same sound repeated here sos I chose to stack.
The net is thrown at 01:39:797 and lands at 01:40:167, so stringing a hold between these times might be a good idea. Not necessary imo :v
Some drum sounds are missed at 02:07:111 and 02:07:389. Intentional for diff spread purposes~

No.1
The fast drum rolls in Hard are not present in the No.1 difficulty. Where?

Thanks for reading, can't wait to see this map updated!
vipto
the remap is way better, well done
Sonnyc
was the remap done only on the kiai section, or was done at the whole map?

anyways, the remap of the kiai section feels better for me. Still not the status that I would directly nominate, but at least you can ask the former nominator for a rebubble after some community feedbacks.

If the remap was partial, I hope you can take a look at sections of 00:49:056 ~ 00:57:760 and 01:33:500 ~ 01:39:426. Think these parts could get more polished as the other one. Another thing was that the difficulty of these section felt a little higher than the kiai because of some consecutive circle jumps of 00:54:426 (3,4,1) - 00:55:722 (3,4,5,6) - 01:36:093 (4,5,1) - . Not sure if it was intended.

This is all, and I wish you good luck.
Topic Starter
GIDZ

Sonnyc wrote:

anyways, the remap of the kiai section feels better for me. Still not the status that I would directly nominate, but at least you can ask the former nominator for a rebubble after some community feedbacks.

If the remap was partial, I hope you can take a look at sections of 00:49:056 ~ 00:57:760 and 01:33:500 ~ 01:39:426. Think these parts could get more polished as the other one. Another thing was that the difficulty of these section felt a little higher than the kiai because of some consecutive circle jumps of 00:54:426 (3,4,1) - 00:55:722 (3,4,5,6) - 01:36:093 (4,5,1) - . Not sure if it was intended.

90% of the map was remapped, I've only kept some parts that rly fit the song. Tks for the check, I'll take a look at this mod too later~ :D
Topic Starter
GIDZ

- G I D Z - wrote:

Sonnyc wrote:

01:36:093 (4,5,1) - Changed the notes to 1/2 slider.

The rest are intentional, like the jumps at 00:54:426 (3,4,1) - 00:55:722 (3,4,5,6) - to emphasize vocals.
As for 00:49:056 ~ 00:57:760 and 01:33:500 ~ 01:39:426 , I dun see any issues to polish since the patterns are consistent and follows the music.
show more