forum

Default skin helps read? or am I crazy

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Friend
So I haven't used the default skin in awhile and I decided to switched to it for fun and for some reason I can hit weird patterns. I amazed myself.

Have any of you guys ever tried to switch back to the default skin and tried to play with it?
o x
I switch back to default on pretty much every mode when I want to have fun, I don't always find it easier to read but sometimes I make really nice plays when I use the skin.
Sandy Hoey
I don't think it is necessarily the skin itself that makes it super easy to play with. I think there becomes a point when you play with the same skin over and over again where you just get bored of it and get lazy when reading it because it is the same old thing. However, when it is a new skin, you want to look at it and it can be easier to focus on the notes.
Violet Link
The default skin for me is pretty useful for some reason, since it isn't too cluttered. I sometimes switch to default to learn how to read some notes.
Sojana
Maybe the skin you usualy have isn't as good as u thought and that's why u play better with standart? Maybe try a few skins out and see how it goes. I have been using different skins over the time. But I kinda made my "own" out of elements I liked from other skins... tbh the only thing that rly affect gameplay are your curser and circle/slider look imo. I also changed my curser size from 1x to 0,50x works better for me because I can tell easier now if I am actualy off or not. Just experiment a bit, u most likely won't use the same skin forever anyway.
Rosten
IMO the default skin is too much of a cluttered mess in a song with any kind of speed to it to be useful.
Xyrus_old_1
Default skin is actually really good if you replace some of the elements with blank files. I hate playing without transparent circles though.
Pituophis
I've tried it, so hard to aim with for some reason.
Ronja
The default skin is hard for me to play with. theres just to much on it. but a simple skin like WWW's skin is good and simple, easy to read. https://osu.ppy.sh/u/wubwoofwolf