forum

IIDX style Mania add-ons

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
bighatpaul
I'd be really interested to see something like clear lamps for various different types of clear like Hard, Easy, Normal, Full Combo, etc.

also Random allowed for ranking. i've seen arguments that random could make for an easier chart, but the point of it is to eliminate muscle memory and use your reflexes instead.
o x
The pacemaker was already requested here. Please make your request a bit more specific :c
Topic Starter
bighatpaul

Cawub wrote:

The pacemaker was already requested here. Please make your request a bit more specific :c
i'm not sure how much more specific i can make the clear lamps bit, but i've removed the pacemaker request. :(
o x
I am really against the Random mod being rankable. It can make the chart easier meaning if the mod gives a positive multiplier then people are being rewarded for playing an easier map.

I'm not sure what you mean about "Clear lamps" can you include a picture?
Topic Starter
bighatpaul

Cawub wrote:

I am really against the Random mod being rankable. It can make the chart easier meaning if the mod gives a positive multiplier then people are being rewarded for playing an easier map.

I'm not sure what you mean about "Clear lamps" can you include a picture?
it doesn't have to add to the multiplyer, just count towards a clear. still with random it's a risk you take at it possibly being harder.

the lamps on the side of the tracks are a quick glimpse at what kind of clear the player has done. if it flashes, it's a full combo, if it's white, it's a hard clear. if it's just the color corresponding to the difficulty (blue, yellow or red), it's a normal clear and green is an easy/assist clear.
o x
Even if it just makes the multiplier x1.00 it still will give PP and if you get tons of PP from having an easier map doesn't make sense to me....
I think having it Unranked is fine and if it were to be implemented I think it should have a negative score modifier.
A very important part about ranking plays is that everybody plays the exact same thing.
Full Tablet
You can re-arrange columns by changing your skin and key bindings already. Ranking Random mod at x1.00 score and pp multiplier wouldn't change how things already are.
o x

Full Tablet wrote:

Ranking Random mod at x1.00 score and pp multiplier wouldn't change how things already are.
If you are playing a map that is ranked at 5 stars and gives 300pp and you put on random which could make the map easier to say a 4.7 star map then you are getting rewarded more pp for an easier map.
Caput Mortuum

Full Tablet wrote:

You can re-arrange columns by changing your skin and key bindings already. Ranking Random mod at x1.00 score and pp multiplier wouldn't change how things already are.
Rearrange collumn? How?
Random mod should never be ranked. It destroys the whole concept of the map. And also the stuff mentioned by Cawub.
Example, I can play jumptrills, but I can't play the 13/24 variation. When I put a random mod at a map with that pattern, it could give me the 12/34 variation, which is very easy for me, thus giving me a huge advantage. Same applies to streams, it could change to a simple roll.

Btw, random mod doesn't change sr iirc. Because sr is determined by the density, not placement. Maybe.
Full Tablet

Eraser wrote:

Full Tablet wrote:

Rearrange collumn? How?
In the skin.ini file, the property "ColumnSpacing" accepts negative values, allowing the note sprites to overlap each other; you can then change the transparent areas of the note images to make the notes appear in whatever column you want.

The limitation of this is that "ColumnWidth" allows a maximum value of only 100, so you effectively end up with columns of width up to 25 for 4K (and even lower for higher keycounts) (or 33 if you also use screen flipping and scroll direction reversal setting).
Caput Mortuum
I don't think anyone would actually stay with that settings or go through that much hassle just to make a map easier.. but that should be fixed :/
o x
Okay I'm somewhat lost now. The OP was not talking about the key placements at all. :(

If you mean to make Random the same and or harder it's nearly impossible to do that because random is always random. The same patterns probably won't show up in the same order for a while.

EDIT: Okay I see what you mean, but I don't think it is that big of a deal since I also don't think many people would go through that much trouble for one map.
Full Tablet

Cawub wrote:

Okay I'm somewhat lost now. The OP was not talking about the key placements at all. :(

If you mean to make Random the same and or harder it's nearly impossible to do that because random is always random. The same patterns probably won't show up in the same order for a while.
If a player is able to re-arrange the columns of a map however they want, being able to use Random (random column re-arrangement) can't give the player an advantage.
o x
But it can make the map easier thus giving the player an unfair advantage. No matter what you rearange your columns to be the Random mod will always be random.

This has gone on too long and nothing is being accomplished from it. We have two different opinions and there is already a discussion thread for this here .
Full Tablet

Cawub wrote:

But it can make the map easier thus giving the player an unfair advantage. No matter what you rearrange your columns to be the Random mod will always be random.

This has gone on too long and nothing is being accomplished from it. We have two different opinions and there is already a discussion thread for this here .
Using Random can potentially give you an easier version of the regular version of the map you are playing, but taking into consideration players can already re-arrange columns arbitrarily (at least for 4K, for higher keycounts the notes become too thin to be read easily for most people), giving the possibility of using Random doesn't give the player any more advantage (the best possible outcome of using Random is something the player could have chosen without using Random).

In the case changing the skin this way wasn't possible, the most fair way to make Random rankable would be also implementing another rankable mod or setting that allows the player to re-arrange the columns however they want; and also have a different star rating value for each possible column rearrangement (this is technically unfeasible, though, too many values to store for each map, and it takes too much time to calculate each possible combination).

That way, people can't have advantage/disadvantage from getting good/bad RNG numbers (Random becomes a fair rankable "for fun" mod, while the other mod is an also fair mod who is better suited for getting good scores); and mappers can't inflate/deflate the star rating values by setting the default arrangements in certain ways.
Topic Starter
bighatpaul

Cawub wrote:

But it can make the map easier thus giving the player an unfair advantage. No matter what you rearange your columns to be the Random mod will always be random.

and this is a great argument for and against it. i've heard mixed things about ranking being broken, nothing incredibly concrete, but if true, then yeah random wouldn't hurt it anymore than it already is. is that something that's being worked on?
Redon
Topic Starter
bighatpaul

Redon wrote:

"Clears" are completely meaningless in osumania
equally as useless in Stepmania, but still a feature in some themes. it would be a nice aesthetic touch.