forum

[Archived] in multiplayer I can not download maps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Maria_Keynes
Problem Details:
Hello, why can not I download maps in multiplayer? I click on the map to download and nothing happens. I've tried using a different account, anyway. I tried to reinstall the game, and again, nothing has changed. Please help.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
I can not insert a screen.

osu! version: 20161101.2 (latest)
Sandy Hoey
When clicking on the beatmap, it is supposed to bring you to the website to download the map. The only way that you can download it in game is if you are a supporter.
Kao
Did you really make multiple accounts to fix this? You should know that making multiple accounts is not allowed and will result in a ban.
If however, you were unaware of this, you should contact accounts@ppy.sh immediately and state the two accounts there and the reason why you made two accounts.

Reinstalling the game doesn't help in these cases it just wastes time.
Using another account won't help and furthermore is illegal.
Try clearing the cache of your browser or try using a different browser.
o x
Try setting a different browser as default. This way the maps will load a page in the browser with a button for you to download them.

As Kao said creating multiple accounts is against the rules. Even if you did not create an account and used someone else's that is still against the rules. Please read the osu!Rules before continuing so that you will not get punished with long silences or restrictions!
Instead of breaking rules you should just have searched the map in Beatmap Listings.

In the future please try to refrain from breaking the rules, also please read the rules so that you don't unknowingly break the rules as well.
I suggest contacting accounts@ppy.sh and explaining to them why you used another account to get this cleared up.