forum

[resolved] osu! won't install -- says i have one installed but i dont!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
HappyDayzTaken
Problem Details:
Osu! Offline installer won't install ;-; , i do not have any osu! game installed currently. was trying to install. but everytime i open the offline installer, it always says i have one already installed and should uninstall it :C

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20150901
Kao
Have you tried restarting?
Topic Starter
HappyDayzTaken

Kao wrote:

Have you tried restarting?
yes, i have tried restarting. i also tried the online installer. but neither work, the offline insists i have a copy installed but i don't. the online installer stops at 77% ;-; , then starts all over again :c
o x
Are you sure of this? Please take a look in add/remove programs and see if there osu! is there. If so uninstall it and then the install should work. Even if you are positive osu! is not there I still suggest checking. It doesn't hurt to try.

Have you tried a mirror download? Also if you are running an older version of windows try the old installer
Kao
If that still doesn't work, you could try to find the uninstaller and delete the entry in regedit

1. Open run (Windows Logo + R)
  2. In the Run box that appears, type regedit and click Ok. Administrator permission required. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
  3. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\
    *Note, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ is for 64x bit systems
  4. Press Ctrl + F to do a search, and type in osu
  5. When it is found, delete the whole folder in which osu! is in
  6. Do a reboot and try again
Topic Starter
HappyDayzTaken

Cawub wrote:

Are you sure of this? Please take a look in add/remove programs and see if there osu! is there. If so uninstall it and then the install should work. Even if you are positive osu! is not there I still suggest checking. It doesn't hurt to try.

Have you tried a mirror download? Also if you are running an older version of windows try the old installer
Nope, isn't there at all :c

Kao wrote:

If that still doesn't work, you could try to find the uninstaller and delete the entry in regedit

1. Open run (Windows Logo + R)
  2. In the Run box that appears, type regedit and click Ok. Administrator permission required. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
  3. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\
    *Note, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ is for 64x bit systems
  4. Press Ctrl + F to do a search, and type in osu
  5. When it is found, delete the whole folder in which osu! is in
  6. Do a reboot and try again
when i search "osu" all i get is
Kao
Have you gone to the folder specified first?
That'll make the search start from there
Take note that if you got the correct result it would end in .../osu!/uninstall.exe

If it still isn't there, then it isn't a problem with registry.
Try scanning your computer for viruses or malware then try again

Other hope is that you install an obsolete version, then use the old installer again.
(This'll probably work)
Topic Starter
HappyDayzTaken

Kao wrote:

Have you gone to the folder specified first?
That'll make the search start from there
Take note that if you got the correct result it would end in .../osu!/uninstall.exe

If it still isn't there, then it isn't a problem with registry.
Try scanning your computer for viruses or malware then try again

Other hope is that you install an obsolete version, then use the old installer again.
(This'll probably work)

how to get an obsolete version?
Kao
Try downloading this https://m1.ppy.sh/r/osu!.exe then open it
Topic Starter
HappyDayzTaken

Kao wrote:

Try downloading this https://m1.ppy.sh/r/osu!.exe then open it

okay , will try this. in the meantime. can someone please make a clean osu!.zip with the installed files in it and upload it to mediafire?

i mean-- i know this is such a chore to ask- but. i dunno maybe it would help people like me who suffer this kind of problem?

(also for some reason DL 's from m1.ppy.sh are very slow :S even though my internet is fast? ) :c
Kao
That's the osu!.exe itself, no installation would be required
Besides, osu! Gets updated every time, making something like that would prove useless
Topic Starter
HappyDayzTaken

Kao wrote:

That's the osu!.exe itself, no installation would be required
Besides, osu! Gets updated every time, making something like that would prove useless

okay! i finally solved it now. it woudn't install but either the offline installer or the online installer will leave 3 FILES IN FOLDER WHERE THE GAME WAS GOING TO BE INSTALLED mainly being a log folder, file, and an osu!.exe . to whoever is experiencing this issue as well. just run the osu!.exe and let it update from there :S :) (also need fast internet :P just in case) thanks for the help , everyone :3