rip my social life
Hibiya-chan
No.
7ambda
It was already removed when you were still typing lol
Railey2

B1rd wrote:

Railey2 wrote:

I don't need to be a cook to complain about shitty food.

Like or hate camellia, but at least he's interesting from a rhythmical perspective. They also have a lot of stuff going on in them that makes for an interesting map if you have the skills for it. Based on that alone, mapping his songs is justifiable in it's on right.
Nothing like that. You're going into a food hall where everyone is giving away free food and complaining because some people are making a type of food you don't like, and saying that it shouldn't be made even if other people obviously enjoy it. You're not complaining about shitty maps, you're complaining about a certain genre. Rhythmical complexity doesn't necessitate a better map, I'd generic anime maps all day over Camellia slider spam cancer. Anime TV size maps might be fairly basic, but there is nothing wrong with that. They are popular due to the law of supply and demand, they are easy to play and easy to map.
You can't apply the economic principle of supply and demand to mapping, because
1) supply is not really dependent on demand (aren't they supposed to affect each other?)
2) supply and demand is all about how it affects the price of a product, and we don't even have such a thing here. Even if you say that maps are the product, what's the "price" that supposedly goes up and down with supply and demand?

Totally wrong context to use a macroeconomic theory in.

My argument goes like this: Variety makes things more interesting.To me: More interesting is good. TV sized anime OPs lack variety. Camellia maps do not. Camellia > Anime OPs.

Whether you see it the way I do is another question, as it's dependent on how much you value variety, but I think most people would agree that bringing more diversity to mapping has value on it's own. I don't complain about the genre because I don't like the music, I complain about the genre because it's been overdone and stopped being interesting.
Zain Sugieres
"Camellia maps do not lack variety"

LOL
kouzuki_karen
hi i like 2hou n bms but anime is for weebz xdd

B1rd wrote:

Try mapping yourself rather than complaining about the songs that others map.
Railey2
nice argument zain

"LOL"

yes, they are more diverse. They have a greater variety in patterns, rhythmical structure, length, slider shapes, everything. Troll somewhere else
Zain Sugieres
All Camellia maps are the same lol

Slow part with long ass sliders a short spaced stream then a part with lots of sliders and bursts and then repeat 2nd time
Railey2

Zain Sugieres wrote:

All Camellia maps are the same lol

Slow part with long ass sliders a short spaced stream then a part with lots of sliders and bursts and then repeat 2nd time
all maps are the same they all have circles and/or sliders.

lol
Cloudchaser
This thread should be called "Camellia fan yells to anime maps"
Rizevim

Cloudchaser wrote:

winber1
camellia explores a bunch of different genres tbh, albeit all in the electronic realm from what i've seen. for a singular artist to make the amount and "variety" that camellia does is pretty impressive regardless. most artists really don't do much outside what they know. I will admit he does have a few specialties that he generally sticks to, but he does have a bunch of other styles.

any artist at some point becomes "the same," but anime maps or whatever with a variety of remixes are a bad comparison to begin with since it comes from a variety of artists.

Rizevim wrote:

Cloudchaser wrote:

reporting for duty
Railey2
because trying to have a constructive argument is the same as yelling. Of course people that never bother to have one would see it that way. Just go back where you came from.

Zains point was that camellias songs (and the adjacent maps) lack diversity because his songs follow a formula where he uses slow and fast part in alternating order. Never mind the fact that all anime openings so far are literally in Verse-Chorus form, which is as generic as it gets. And don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with using a formula that worked super well for decades. If you complain that the overarching structure of a song is boring, you can either go listen to experimental music or to songs that are so short, that they only consist of one or two parts.

The thing is, none of this matters. There is plenty of leeway for interesting stuff within the standard "intro - verse - chorus - verse - b-section - chorus - outro"-formula that is so commonly used. Especially when there are thousands of things going on at the same time and there are lots of rhythmic irregularities, as it happens to be the case with camellia songs. Saying that the formula itself makes for generic maps is really stupid, as most songs nowadays use it, anime songs included. I don't think anyone would claim that every map that has a song using this overarching structure, is boring. The relevant difference between most anime songs and camellia is: Anime songs tend to have nothing going on within the formula, it's just 4-4 all the way through. As a result, you get copycat jumpmap #15682.

Zain is one level of abstraction too high, complaining that there are slow and fast parts which makes his maps boring. In my comment, I go even higher by saying that all maps are just circles and sliders, which makes them lack variety, making it very clear how bad arguments can get when you choose to argue on the wrong level.
Zain Sugieres
I didn't say the songs lack variety, I said Camellia maps do.
Railey2
but they don't. You're talking out of your ass.

"Slow part with long ass sliders a short spaced stream then a part with lots of sliders and bursts and then repeat 2nd time"

-> like every electronic and pop and rock song ever? Yes, camellia uses the same formula of "slow and fast parts" (I described the formula more accurately in my post above), and yes you can see that reflected in the map. That doesn't make it "all the same", just like having circles and sliders in it doesn't make it "all the same". Wrong level of abstraction.
Firetruck

Meah wrote:

Map kpop instead. :)
Tae

Firetruck wrote:

Meah wrote:

Map kpop instead. :)
FIRETRUCK WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE GET OUT REEE
Foxtrot
I want more glorious new wave. No more Mr. Kitty.
Razzy

Zain Sugieres wrote:

"Camellia maps do not lack variety"

LOL
what? it's true

just look at Werewolf Howls, then PLANET//SHAPER, then Blastix Riotz

oh, you're talking about osu!std... never mind then
laport
I have pretty much 0 affinity with anime myself.
Foxtrot
I have a Bee Gees vinyl, still wrapped.
NarixuZen
Let's just stop mapping dem shit, they're low quality anime. It's better to map some Shrek and Corey, they're the quality anime everyone will love.
Xiaolin
calm down its just osu
Flaus
Shibayan is my god
Fourth

Flaus wrote:

Shibayan is my god
same <3
Topic Starter
Buster
back in the old days of osu
there not much anime songs
we have alot of videogame music western music ect.
but now anime songs are very common
and videogame and western music are very rare to rank
Endaris
videogame music is really not that rare
especially in osu!'s early years it was a real trend along with touhou (which is videogame music too by the way)

i think in many regards mapping happens in a nutshell now
saying we need more maps of camellia instead when that's just ONE artist in millions...

animesongs can also be pretty cool and not even that boring. I'm thinking of some fripSide songs here and there are also other animu songs that are fairly decent and not too lame

the actual cancer of mapping is ranking the 11th version of Hikaru nara TV size.
EneT

Endaris wrote:

the actual cancer of mapping is ranking the 11th version of Hikaru nara TV size.
Hey man, it's a good opening, okay.
Endaris
I'm not even so much against a second mapset of the same song - provided you're taking an approach to the song that differs from the one(s) already present by a somewhat significant amount.
The diffs by iyasine for example are different enough from the others I've played to somehow warrant a second set but the rest of the Hikaru naras I played was all the same.
EneT
KIMI DA YO KIMI NAN DA YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! OSHIETE KURETAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!
rakuskoin
ANIME DAISUKI!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Railey2
I am against mapping a second mapset of the same song. I wish they'd just prohibit it. They should also prohibit mapping more than 4 anime op's/ed's per season.
B1rd
left wingers always think like this
Railey2
tell me how left wingers think, b1rd.
Zain Sugieres
like you
B1rd
You want to heavily control and regulate everything despite not understanding that this creates a burden on innovation and small businesses and creates inferior products compared to the free market.
Railey2

B1rd wrote:

You want to heavily control and regulate everything despite not understanding that this creates a burden on innovation and small businesses and creates inferior products compared to the free market.
Some regulations are needed to prevent exploitation, environmental damage, or harm for the consumer in general. Some regulations aren't needed because they don't change much and just add another layer of complexity to an already complex system. Some regulations are harmful because they (as you said) hinder progress or screw over small business owners.

Regulations should be argued about on a case by case basis. Arguing about regulations as a whole seems like a waste of time. You can't make any useful blanket statements about them anyway.
Stefan
Let's try first to stop shit threads like this one and take care for 'secondary' problems after then.
B1rd
Regulations are the product of a few people handing down arbitrary judgements on how they think an economy made up of hundreds of thousands or millions of people should run. And consequently the regulations are inefficient in doing their goal with and have many negative side effects. Private organizations can outdo the government by providing testing and safety standards that are much more streamlined an efficient because they conform to the industry rather than the other way around.

And if you want me to understand you Stefan you'd better start speaking understandable English.
show more