forum

tomppabeats - you're cute

posted
Total Posts
show more
Harmango
Hey! Heres my half of the M4M :)

First off uhh I would captialize the name of the difficulty xD it just bothers me somehow when its lowercase.

00:12:258 (1,1) - Overlap may be confusing to beginners
00:18:381 (1,1) - ^
00:21:458 (1) - The jump from this note to 00:23:736 (2) - doesn't look straight to me
00:24:505 (1,1) - I'm sure you can find some other overlaps, cause I dont wanna spam and point them out xD Also its your choice if you want to change them, perhaps try to make these overlaps side by side.
00:29:100 (2) - Angle this slider so after it reverses, it end pointing at the next note which is 00:30:638 (1)
00:36:388 (1) - I would suggest removing this because there should be a delay after the slider for slow difficulty songs
00:36:773 (1,2) - Overlap could be fixed because try to make it so the first note ends exactly on the beginning of the second note, personally it would look better in my opinion
00:38:311 (1,2) - ^
00:39:454 (1) - I would press Ctrl + G on this note because it would help with the flow
00:44:961 (2,1) - These two notes could flow better to 00:45:875 (2)
00:46:493 (2) - Move this note lower and press Ctrl + G

Also for your Hard difficulty I would actually change the name because the star rating does not meet the criteria for a Hard difficulty, also please capitalize the first letters of all your difficulties lol.

I hope I helped! :D
Topic Starter
Togetic

harmanjit102 wrote:

Also for your Hard difficulty I would actually change the name because the star rating does not meet the criteria for a Hard difficulty, also please capitalize the first letters of all your difficulties lol. the sr for certain difficulties does not need to be the determining factor for each diff names. its based more on the spread of the mapset. also everything is lowercase to fit with the artist and title being completely lowercase. but thanks for the input, haha.
I hope I helped! :D
VINXIS
btw not changing anything because the modder thinks the map is 4 Beginnerz xDXDxxxdXDXDXD month late Lol
Joe Castle
HI! im here from #modreqs since you requested a mod there, so im here :)

lets see if i can help you! (this is just my opinion)

Cheesecake´s easy:

1. 00:12:258 (2,3,4) - dont you think the spacing between the sliders and the circle itself is a little bit... irregular? i recommend to move the circle a little bit more to the left.

2. 00:15:324 (4,5) - move the circle a little bit down, so it doesnt collide with the slider

3. 00:24:505 (1,2,3) - same problem as #1, the spacing looks kinda weird there

4. 00:27:582 (3,4) - separate this sliders a little bit, so they dont collide

5. 00:30:638 (1,2,1) - same problem as #1 here too :(

6. 00:39:839 (3,4,1) - same problem as #1, the spacing looks kinda weird for me

normal:

1. 00:13:796 (2,1,2) - you should move this circle a little bit up, just a little bit, so the spacing between the sliders and the circle looks more "perfect"?

2. 00:26:043 (2,1,2) - you can move this circle a little bit, just a little bit to the right, with the same reason as #1

hard:

1. 00:35:655 (2,3,4) - in my opinion (you can do whatever you want :o ) the first slider should be a little bit more closer to the second one

snicker:

1. 00:39:454 (1,1,2,3) - i dont really get the point of the circle there, it doesnt feel necessary there :(
2. 00:42:525 (1,2,1,2) - same as #1, with the same reason :o
3. 00:45:586 (1,2,1,2) - same as #1, the circle still feels weird for me

My opinion about the map

its well done actually, and idk if my mod really helps, but i hope it does :) at least i tried
very good job right here :D :D :D
Topic Starter
Togetic

Joe Castle wrote:

HI! im here from #modreqs since you requested a mod there, so im here :)

lets see if i can help you! (this is just my opinion)

normal:

1. 00:13:796 (2,1,2) - you should move this circle a little bit up, just a little bit, so the spacing between the sliders and the circle looks more "perfect"? I definitely know what you mean by more perfect, but the spacing between the objects is consistent and does not really create any spacing inconsistencies. When it comes to aesthetics, the placements look completely fine to me at least.

2. 00:26:043 (2,1,2) - you can move this circle a little bit, just a little bit to the right, with the same reason as #1 This case is more understandable than the last one you pointed out, but it does not really need to be changed either in my opinion. Even though the spacing is sort of off,
it is not a real noticeable change that will affect someones gameplay. The spacing difference is also there to make sure the objects are as perfectly aligned as possible.

hard:

1. 00:35:655 (2,3,4) - in my opinion (you can do whatever you want :o ) the first slider should be a little bit more closer to the second one I definitely do see why this may be something that could be pointed out, but the main reasoning for the spacing between these sliders is because the song breaks its original melody, tempo, etc. to play this laugh sample; having the spacing difference is able to reflect this moment in the song.

My opinion about the map

its well done actually, and idk if my mod really helps, but i hope it does :) at least i tried
very good job right here :D :D :D Aw thank you so much! Every mod helps in one way or another, regardless if your ideas were implemented or not. Thank you for the mod and good luck! :]
Topic Starter
Togetic
timing fixed thanks to xexxar pointing it out to me.

fixed gd hitsounds too so vinxis and cheesecake you don't need to do that :]
defiance
rank this now it's my favorite tomppa song
Topic Starter
Togetic

osuskrub wrote:

rank this now it's my favorite tomppa song
pls help me find a bn :[
defiance
just wait 4 the new bnz bb
Topic Starter
Togetic
i'm too shy to ask any bns someone save me from my misery!!! 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
Liyac
when
Topic Starter
Togetic

Californian wrote:

when
Sotarks
general
please add a muted sliderslide for both custom set hitsounds.
you have tag conflicts double-check that

snicker
00:14:552 (1,2) - you could swap the ncs here
00:36:008 (3) - nc this for more readability of the pattern
00:36:775 (1) - reduce this to a normal 1/1 slider and put a circle at 00:38:307 -
00:47:503 (1,1) - remove ncs

normal
00:14:935 (1) - remove nc
00:21:066 (1) - ^
00:27:196 (1) - ^ same here like just fix the NCing of this whole diff it's so weird xD just NC downbeats

easy is fine
just confirm metadata please
and call me back, pretty chill map i like the song!
Topic Starter
Togetic

Sotarks wrote:

general
please add a muted sliderslide for both custom set hitsounds. done
you have tag conflicts double-check that done

snicker
00:14:552 (1,2) - you could swap the ncs here done
00:36:008 (3) - nc this for more readability of the pattern done
00:36:775 (1) - reduce this to a normal 1/1 slider and put a circle at 00:38:307 - done
00:47:503 (1,1) - remove ncs done

normal
00:14:935 (1) - remove nc
00:21:066 (1) - ^
00:27:196 (1) - ^ same here like just fix the NCing of this whole diff it's so weird xD just NC downbeats done for all lol

easy is fine
just confirm metadata please metadata should match for this (i was gonna use discography 2015 but he took it off of his bandcamp i guess it doesn't really matter tho lol)
and call me back, pretty chill map i like the song! :]
Thank you so much!! I really appreciate it! For the nc's the reason they were so weird was because originally there was a bunch of timing points so i new combo'd like everything on a timing point and i forgot to change them afterward. now its just every downbeat like normal. but yeah tysmmmm :]
Cheesecake
o lord i didnt respond to a mod for 8 months its all ds stuff so i just resnapped everything http://puu.sh/zcvO3/a40e511b1c.osu

can u add "youre" to the tags so u dont need to type the apostrophe when u search for it becuz who does that
Sotarks
Just poke me by forumPM when it's ready for recheck!
Topic Starter
Togetic
updated and ready!!
Sotarks
uhh recheck

general
00:11:488 - fix the custom set number pls
- both soft-sliderslide.mp3 & soft-sliderslide2.mp3 are .mp3 files, just convert them to .wav please
- idk seems like bg is bad quality (1440x943) maybe change it, or change size ? (it's ok if u keep)

ez
00:37:002 - unsnapped timing line uhh

call me back when those are fixed
Topic Starter
Togetic
updated and ready!! x2
Sotarks
f a i r y f l y i n g
Topic Starter
Togetic

Sotarks wrote:

f a i r y f l y i n g
f
a
i
r
y
f
l
y
i
n
g
Aurele
is this map ready to go?

you might want to recheck the storyboard again to make sure the rings are at the right place.
Topic Starter
Togetic

Gabe wrote:

is this map ready to go?

you might want to recheck the storyboard again to make sure the rings are at the right place.

i’ve been busy lately so i haven’t been able to check in awhile, but if the sb needs to be fixed i’ll definitely try to check it out soon! thanks for bringing that to my attention :]

other than that it is pretty much completely ready to go. just need one more bn check, haha
Aurele
ok! let me know when you want to push it forward
mancuso_JM_
Hi there!

I'm taking this bubble over the spacing between 00:48:652 (3,1) - in normal. Try keeping the spacing consistent between notes in this kind of difficulties, it is a normal diff after all.
In addition, it looks weird having a little jump in this difficulty and a stack in hard even if you used different patterns.

Feel free to contact me if you want to continue with the ranking process! I'll take care of this map!
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.