forum

Manga Recommendation Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
adam2046
Fap Note
blissfulyoshi
Since no one has asked for recs in a while, I guess I'll ask.

Looking for a series where the a female MC is in complete control of a situation. I guess the closest thing to what I am looking for is a female led Code Geass (Please do not recommend any Code Geass spinoff)

The only thing I recall reading that sort of fits is Trick Ster (awful thing with has almost no point)
Marifune-kun

ampzz wrote:

Define which genre/s you are after first as it is hard to recommend anything without some criteria.

As I could rattle off a few action, comedy or seinen manga and you may find the content offensive.
Note: Manga has no plural so you don't need the added 's'. :)
Well, i dont care about the genre. As long as its not guro, its fine. :D
OmNii_old
You should try Beelzebub(manga), fucking lol'ed so hard on each chapter. And the last arc is fucking epic.
Beelzebub can make you laugh even in the serious moments.
Sallad4ever

blissfulyoshi wrote:

Looking for a series where the a female MC is in complete control of a situation. I guess the closest thing to what I am looking for is a female led Code Geass (Please do not recommend any Code Geass spinoff)

The only thing I recall reading that sort of fits is Trick Ster (awful thing with has almost no point)
I think Kaibutsu Ojou/Princess Resurrection fits here. The story pretty much centered on the princess who is the MC, there's a male lead but he is more like a supporting character even when he have his own spotlight. It's quite famous so I don't know if you already have it.

This quite hard, I don't know any other title that fits here :o
blissfulyoshi

Sallad4ever wrote:

blissfulyoshi wrote:

I think Kaibutsu Ojou/Princess Resurrection fits here. The story pretty much centered on the princess who is the MC, there's a male lead but he is more like a supporting character even when he have his own spotlight. It's quite famous so I don't know if you already have it.

This quite hard, I don't know any other title that fits here :o
I guess Kaibutsu Ojou sort of fits. It seems like her older sister has more control over what is happening than she does. She just knows how to react well from what I have read.

What I really want is the manipulator to be the MC.
Sallad4ever

blissfulyoshi wrote:

I guess Kaibutsu Ojou sort of fits. It seems like her older sister has more control over what is happening than she does. She just knows how to react well from what I have read.

What I really want is the manipulator to be the MC.
Hmm then maybe try Seigi no Mikata. I haven't really read Trickster but reading the description of it, Seigi no Mikata comes to my mind
nirvashzero
inaba of the earth inaba of the moon
defender97
mangaka-san to assistant-san
it's a 4-koma manga
Haseo_old
The Light of Tsukimi Manor
Drexel13
Vish024
Even if you've already watched the anime, School Rumble.
Philoslother
(these are pretty much all shounen, so only the occasional humor. They're all great though)
- Aflame Inferno
- Ga-Rei
- Record of a Fallen Vampire
- Claymore
And I just blanked. More later perhaps
Dafydd
Chrono Crusade..
Well, it's not too old. :D
Capricore
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun. It has good art, and the storyline's pretty good. ヽ(‘ ∇‘ )ノ
Elfuun_old
Battle Royale. Lots of deaths, blood, etc.
A more realistic version of Gantz.
-Athena-

Mantiz wrote:

Battle Royale. Lots of deaths, blood, etc.
A more realistic version of Gantz.
I see that and I can't help but recommend Claymore.
Elfuun_old
I second you recommendation, Claymore is awesome.
Oreiora
Cage of Eden, its a good horror similar to highschool of the dead with occassional fan services.
California
Liar Game and Gamble Fish are still ongoing and really good
Toki Hakurei
Freezing. Even though it has some service, it's a hell of a lot better than the anime.
GoreObsessed
Sankarea~ dat zombie history isn't bad
Cocolites
Hirunaka no Ryuusei
Yamada-kun to nananin no Majo
Orange(Takano Ichijo)
LigerZero
Kuso Miso Technique 8-)