forum

Manga Recommendation Thread

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Xeno_old
Sup

So can anyone lurking here recommend me a manga series that made you laugh quite hard. I'm in need of a good laugh. Anything is fine, as long as its not H.

inb4 l2n to google.

I already tried that and it has failed me. Only things I've already read, gets recommend. So please don't recommend any popular manga's, I'll only facepalm.

Thanks
Faust
Oyasumi Punpun
Topic Starter
Xeno_old

Faust wrote:

Oyasumi Punpun
Cool thanks, looks interesting, will give it a try
Sallad4ever

Faust wrote:

Oyasumi Punpun
I don't think this will make a good laugh, it's an interesting series indeed but it has some dark atmosphere in it

not really an H but more to a dirty joke, Seitokai Yakuindomo and Imoto wa shushinki
if you still don't like it try Gintama or Sket Dance then
blissfulyoshi
Medaka Box (I guess this is pretty mainstream though, just don't read it for the storyline)
Wa! (probably my favorite 4-koma)

I am a little forgetful right now. I guess I will post later when I think of more series.
Topic Starter
Xeno_old
Thanks guys, I'll give those a try :3
Firo Prochainezo
Yotsuba&!
Topic Starter
Xeno_old

blissfulyoshi wrote:

Medaka Box (I guess this is pretty mainstream though, just don't read it for the storyline)
Wa! (probably my favorite 4-koma)

I am a little forgetful right now. I guess I will post later when I think of more series.
lol, loved Wa!

Thanks for the recommendation :3
Vext_old
I still to this day think Ranma 1/2 and Love Hina are some of the best manga I've read. Lupin the 3rd being the worst...good show though.
Kokizi
noblesse is a good one

though technically it's manhwa.
Faust
Berserk.

Bitches.

If you're not still looking for stuff that just makes you laugh, that is. Trolo
ThunderTopaz
I could recommend Tripeace. I find it good, great story, funny.... and I'm sure you will enjoy it.
http://www.citymanga.com/tripeace/

If not Tripeace then Samurai High School is a great Manga to read. Its funny as well and also has a great story.
http://www.citymanga.com/samurai_high_school/
Marifune-kun
I have read some mangas and now im searching for good mangas . :)
I've read these mangas:
-The World God Only Knows
-To Aru Kagaku no Railgun
-Toradora!
-Yakitake Japan
-Eden no Ori
-Beelzebub
-One Piece
-Naruto
-Fairytail
-Hayate no gotoku
-Kaichou Wa Maid Sama!
ampzz
Define which genre/s you are after first as it is hard to recommend anything without some criteria.

As I could rattle off a few action, comedy or seinen manga and you may find the content offensive.
Note: Manga has no plural so you don't need the added 's'. :)
Lance
I'm currently reading Shin Angyo Onshi. I recommend that if you want something with action and an interesting plot.
blissfulyoshi
Okay merged topics together, will probably give recs in a bit.
Vish024
Great Teacher Onizuka. For me, greater than its anime counterpart. Possibly the most entertaining, refined and perpetually hilarious mangas I have ever read. It causes you to laugh and cry almost simultaneously in some moments.
Rid-ONE
School Rumble is a good comic, sometimes the artwork really complex for some scene, sometime (rather a lot time) the artwork was very simple contains a lot of impossible events but make you laugh on it XD

and special feature in this comic is a short sentence locate in edge of the page XD
Rantai
I've read 3 manga.

Yotsuba&!
Usagi Drop
Kurenai

I like all three.. that's all I can add here >.<
Yumi14_old
You should read Oresama Teacher that manga is awesome :D
and Penguin Revolution (Penguin Kakumei) too u'll like it for sure :D
hoihoisoi
Ratman. Just read it. Not bad at all.
anthonyyy0
Azumanga Daioh is the funniest manga I've read. For action, read Fairy Tail.
akrolsmir
I found Saitama Chainsaw hilarious. I''s is perpetually undermentioned, but pretty good.
Lilac
Deadman Wonderland.
Rid-ONE
Juvenile Remix
ampzz
If you can deal with 'heavy' story-lines and politics as a main topic I highly recommend having a look at Akumetsu, it's a mix of comedic relief done right in serious developments without resorting to anything stupid.

You could also try out:
All of these are 'complete' titles so you can read through all of it without having to wait each week, bi-week, month or bi-month for a new chapter release to come out.
blissfulyoshi
Marifune-kun:
Looking at your list, you seem to like a lot of action shonen, so recommending off of that (and yes I do see 1-2 slice-of-life and one of the most male-oriented shoujo stories out there)

First off, seconding everything ampzz recommended. (still, your reading seems ratehr light, so I am probably not going to name any darker series like Akumetsu)
My recs:
1/2 Prince
Aлёша!
Denpa Kyoushi
Iris Zero (you can almost call this a school based toaru clone)
Medaka Box
Oto x Maho
Siesta (another shoujo that appeals to a male audience)
The God of High School
Watashi no Mesiah-sama
Witch Hunter
World Embryo (If you liked Alive, this is similar)
Zippy Ziggy

There is some Korean Manhwa in there, but I don't think you will mind. If you or someone else ever reply to what they read and liked in this thread so far, I can give further recs.
Giganscudo
Okay looking at my recent history for mangas there is:

Wild life: a Shonen magazine about a veterinarian who has a absolute pitch (hearing) has comedy mixed in it。
Sket Dance: A gag manga about group of high schoolers who help people in their lives.(Hilarious) (⌒▽⌒)
Hayate x Blade: ... A school where all students fight with swords + Humor.
Mangaka san to Assistant san to: A 4-koma about a Mangaka with a pure but unnatural love for panties and his assistant, editor and other people.
Yankee kun to Megane chan: What can i say, other then the series is HILARIOUS
Yandere Kanojo: A Normal person (well not really) meets a Yandere and both fall in love... Though the problem is 1. shes a Yandere 2. she's also a delinquent
AR∀GO: Not really in the comedy section but is a really good Action Manga.
Mx0: A student is enrolled in a Magical Academy but cant use magic!?
Magico: A women is the carrier of a power unimaginable to the world and a magician has offered her a way to erase this power and the first step is asking her hand in marriage!?
Magi:Two people start going into dungeons to hunt for treasure and well... Just read the manga.
Kagami no Kuni no Harisugawa: A Man gets stuck in a mirror due to the curse and the only way to remove it is... A CONFESSION!?
Sallad4ever
Akumetsu has some gore element in it (not as heavy as Frankenfran though) so I don't think it's a good recommendation for anyone that enjoy light manga. Though I agree the drama and the action are quite satisfying

I'll just recommend some light manga then
  1. Sket Dance: I've see it has been mention but I'll say this again cause it's very great.
  2. WA!: Another school life manga. It's a very funny manga but sometime the joke may be a bit hard to understand
  3. Hyakko: Pretty much like Lucky Star, a manga about high school girl life. There are a some male cast even though not as many as the girls. I'm not sure about this title, some time it can be very relaxed but then the might change to battle oriented (only the recent chapter though). Still it's a good one
  4. D-Frag: A school life manga, about Game maker club (temp) or gang? The comedy here is manzai or straight man - funny man style, so it's heavily focus on a character "jabbing" on the other characters
  5. Fujimura-kun Mate: Same comedy style as above, but it has a harem aspect in it so expect a "one guy vs many girls" scenario
  6. Magister Negi Magi: Battle manga with magic as it's base, but don't expect a spell battle like Harry Potter cause most of the battle involve a brawl. Oh and this is heavy with panty shot and nude so read at you're own risk (Jangan baca bareng adek yah Marifune-kun)
Rid-ONE

Sallad4ever wrote:

Magister Negi Magi: Battle manga with magic as it's base, but don't expect a spell battle like Harry Potter cause most of the battle involve a brawl. Oh and this is heavy with panty shot and nude so read at you're own risk (Jangan baca bareng adek yah Marifune-kun)
Magister Negi Magi + Love Hina = oh wow :D
ampzz

Sallad4ever wrote:

1. D-Frag: A school life manga, about Game maker club (temp) or gang? The comedy here is manzai or straight man - funny man style, so it's heavily focus on a character "jabbing" on the other characters
  2. Fujimura-kun Mate: Same comedy style as above, but it has a harem aspect in it so expect a "one guy vs many girls" scenario
Good to see you're enjoying both of these. :D
Sallad4ever
D-Frag is currently my most anticipated manga scan, totally hilarious and exciting and Takao is so lovable~
adam2046
Fap Note
blissfulyoshi
Since no one has asked for recs in a while, I guess I'll ask.

Looking for a series where the a female MC is in complete control of a situation. I guess the closest thing to what I am looking for is a female led Code Geass (Please do not recommend any Code Geass spinoff)

The only thing I recall reading that sort of fits is Trick Ster (awful thing with has almost no point)
Marifune-kun

ampzz wrote:

Define which genre/s you are after first as it is hard to recommend anything without some criteria.

As I could rattle off a few action, comedy or seinen manga and you may find the content offensive.
Note: Manga has no plural so you don't need the added 's'. :)
Well, i dont care about the genre. As long as its not guro, its fine. :D
OmNii_old
You should try Beelzebub(manga), fucking lol'ed so hard on each chapter. And the last arc is fucking epic.
Beelzebub can make you laugh even in the serious moments.
Sallad4ever

blissfulyoshi wrote:

Looking for a series where the a female MC is in complete control of a situation. I guess the closest thing to what I am looking for is a female led Code Geass (Please do not recommend any Code Geass spinoff)

The only thing I recall reading that sort of fits is Trick Ster (awful thing with has almost no point)
I think Kaibutsu Ojou/Princess Resurrection fits here. The story pretty much centered on the princess who is the MC, there's a male lead but he is more like a supporting character even when he have his own spotlight. It's quite famous so I don't know if you already have it.

This quite hard, I don't know any other title that fits here :o
blissfulyoshi

Sallad4ever wrote:

blissfulyoshi wrote:

I think Kaibutsu Ojou/Princess Resurrection fits here. The story pretty much centered on the princess who is the MC, there's a male lead but he is more like a supporting character even when he have his own spotlight. It's quite famous so I don't know if you already have it.

This quite hard, I don't know any other title that fits here :o
I guess Kaibutsu Ojou sort of fits. It seems like her older sister has more control over what is happening than she does. She just knows how to react well from what I have read.

What I really want is the manipulator to be the MC.
Sallad4ever

blissfulyoshi wrote:

I guess Kaibutsu Ojou sort of fits. It seems like her older sister has more control over what is happening than she does. She just knows how to react well from what I have read.

What I really want is the manipulator to be the MC.
Hmm then maybe try Seigi no Mikata. I haven't really read Trickster but reading the description of it, Seigi no Mikata comes to my mind
nirvashzero
inaba of the earth inaba of the moon
show more