Thanks! Some comments in the box
AxE Galaxy wrote:Another noob mod for you
AxE Galaxy wrote:Another noob mod for you
LeeSinOrAfk wrote:Hello, from queue
- soft-hitfinish2.wav is unused according to modding assistant so double check and if it isn't delete it
- 00:04:800 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - Vocals are really off here, i know helblinde made his songs start on offset 0 but 00:08:400 (1,2,3,4) - +20 sounds a lot better on my end and the first ones are even worse (for example 00:04:800 (1) - the end on the slider sounds closer to the blue tick than the white tick), i'm no timing pro but i would try to fix that a bit because 00:00:000 (1) - doesn't feel intentional that it ends on the blue tick (Rest is ok, just these vocals)
- 00:09:600 (1) - Stack this under 00:08:700 (2) - , visual distance between 00:09:600 (1,2) - and 00:09:900 (2,3) - is kinda big, doing this would make it more even and look more structured imo
- 00:19:125 (12,1,3) - Not of a fan of how these all overlap, 3 and 12 feels a bit forced here, try moving at x:376 y:88 so it's evenly distant from 00:19:050 (11,12) - and move 00:20:100 (4) - one grid left to have the same distance 00:19:050 (11,12,3) - 00:19:200 (1,4) - (really minor and nazi but i think it looks cleaner this way instead of the double overlap)
- 00:20:850 (3,4,5) - Really wide angle for a decent spacing here, try stacking 00:21:300 (5,1) - under 00:20:100 (4) - 's tail, would be more comfortable to hit and transitions better to the next part
- 00:22:350 (8,9,10) - Kinda same as ^ stack 00:22:500 (9) - on top of 00:23:400 (6) -instead of the other one works to solve this one
- 00:27:300 (4) - Looks kinda out of place because it doesn't fit the way of how you handle these in the rest of the map since you used either parallelism or symmetry, also makes 00:26:400 (1,4) - this overlap look not too intentionnal , try rotating 90° and blanket with 00:27:900 (2) - maybe?
- 00:30:000 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - More personal here but to me it's a bad idea to keep the same flow direction for more than 4 when you use so many 1/2 sliders in a row, i'd change the rotation of the second one But i loove the flow
- 00:37:350 (2) - Not sure of why you did a 1/2 slider here, 2 circles for consistency with 00:36:150 (2,3,5,6) - which are the same sound
- 00:47:250 (3,4) - stack them instead of slightly overlapping them since you stacked 1/1 gaps like 00:37:650 (3,4) -
- 00:50:400 (1) - Feels weird that you used a 2/1 just for this one while you're using 1/2 sliders 00:49:200 (1,4) - when vocals are doing the same, i agree way more with thee 1/2+following background rather than a random 2/1 I dont think they are the same, in 00:48:000 (1,4,1,4) - the sounds ... im not sure how to desribe it. It you were to make them 2/1 then that wouldnt make sense because at the last white tick a new vocal sound starts. 00:50:400 (1) - Here however, a new one doesnt, it just the previous one that dies.
- 00:51:150 (2) - Bad idea here, the end of the reverse is a vocal hold i would do 3 circles instead
- 01:02:400 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - I totally understand your idea here and it fits well but 01:02:550 (2,3) - kinda breaks what you tried to do since it makes it looks like you're descreasing the spacing if you compare it to the distance between 01:02:400 (1,2) - , i think simply stacking 2 and 3 solves this issue and would make more sense
- 01:21:300 (2) - Make the DS consistent here, doesn't look very neat if you don't
- 01:33:600 (5) - NC here, consistency with 01:32:400 (1) -
- 01:41:400 (4,5) - Stack them and then put them on top of 01:42:000 (1) - to follow your logic, pattern plays even better this way too imo
- 01:43:500 (2) - A bit too close from 01:43:200 (1) - imo, try moving it at around x:376 y:140
- 01:46:800 - I would definetely put kiai here Not sure about that, it would also include 01:50:100 (1,2,3,4) - this part which is pretty dead
- 01:48:075 (2,3) - Inconsistent DS with the rest of the stream here, they barely overlap
- 02:11:400 (4,5,5) - I'd NC all of these for emphasis because this is a pretty op part Not sure why those notes specifically?
- 02:21:900 (2,2) - Stack is slightly off
- 02:43:350 (2,3,4,5) - This looks poorly structured with the inconsistent DS and everything, just make a perfect square here
- 03:02:400 (1,2) - Same as the stream before DS is inconsistent here
- 03:08:100 (1) - Remove NC here, if you NC here you make the SV change 03:08:400 (1) - here unreadable (well not literally unreadable but it's not as intuitive as having NCs only on 03:07:800 (1,1) - )
- 03:14:700 (2,3,4) - Stacks are off here
- 03:37:200 (9) - NC here consistency with the other streams
- 03:35:400 (5) - Really minor move it to x:252 y:44 to have a consistent visual distance between these 3 03:35:100 (3,5,8) -
- 04:18:675 (5) - This is overmapped, if you're gonna overmap triples do it consistently (as in similar sounds) and make them start on the red tick instead because they emphasize the last note so it's a lot more intuitive considering they will end on the white tick Not sure i agree with this assessment. Its not directly overmapped since there literally are 3 clear sounds in there. This is also a part of the song that only happens once so i think having it stick out a bit is a good thing.
- 04:39:600 (1,2,3,4) - These shapes feel pretty random since you used straight and curves sliders during the rest of the map, you should make them the same or add some in the rest of the map
I can feel the progression from your previous map that i modded and i can even feel it during the map because for some reason second half feels cleaner/better but overall map is nice Thanks
Helblinde+Supercell = <3
Hope any of this helped, good luck
Makes sense, i didnt realize that the notes you had highlighted were the middle of the measure ones (since they had different numbers tho i realize now why that is)
LeeSinOrAfk wrote:For my point at 02:11:400 (4,5,5) - NCing here would mean NCing on the middle of each of the three measures which would break consistency with the rest of the map and give more emphasis to this part with the 1/1 snares, you don't have to do it but you could, you could also spam it 1 2 1 2 1 2 but i don't really like the sudden lack of followpoints (even though it makes perfect sense to NC each white tick to emphasize the snares), hope this is more clear
00:33:300 (4,1) - stack fix
00:42:000 (1,2) - don't stack, players can't read. fix
00:50:700 - add a beat why not 1/1 slider for vocals?
01:09:900 - 01:10:200 - 01:10:350 - 01:10:500 - add beats. why? this section is mapped to vocals
01:12:900 (1,2,3,4) - http://puu.sh/so4tU/c6eb201814.jpg for drum
01:33:600 (1) - divide into some sliders.
02:19:800 - add a beat this is mapped to melody
03:10:800 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - this stacking could be unrankable, perfectly stacked sliders are hard to read. ill have to hear with a BN for this one
Gerar14x wrote:From m4m
00:25:650 (4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,1) - You can meke them start in the same point like some of the streams before them at the begining I think this one is fine like it is.
00:31:800 (3) - Stack the head with the end of 00:31:200 (1) - just to follow the pattern of 00:30:000 (1,2,3,4) - either way its fine imo I think that removes flow from the pattern.
02:29:325 (1,2) - This section is... hard to read, at least for me, but now i watch it throught edit the reason why i always died at this section was because of notes like these, may be because its spaced or could be because 1 is stacked with the previous sliderend, and that secion is made of 1/4 sliders and by reaction i tried to singletap thinking that 1 was a slider too, i would suggest to stack those 2, maybe that could help reading that, The same would be for 02:32:925 (1,2) - and 02:34:125 (1,2) - anyways this is up to you Ive actually already nerfed those 1/4 jumps but i think ill nerf them some more.
03:56:400 - 04:04:800 - i dont know thy, but i feel the little streams of 5 cricles in that section are overmapped (or maybe i cant hear idk) but im not gonna lie, it plays nice That actually seems true. Gues ill need to remap this section... i think... i mean it plays well but as you say, i dont really hear all those sounds.
04:29:550 (4) - NC... maybe, either way its fine breaks the NCing structure of NCing every new measure.
Honestly, i enjoyed the map (until i die in the slider section) and i didnt found a lot of things to give suggestions, its just that is fun to play, good luck Thanks
Doormat wrote:from my queue
- 00:11:700 (9,10,11,12,1) - stacking this stream underneath the (8) makes for some really awkward flow imo. i'd move it to somewhere in the picture below for flow similar to 00:16:050 (4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,1) - The flow looks awkward in the editor but actually playing it i think its fine
- 00:18:450 (4,5,6,7,8) - 00:18:900 (9,10,11,12,1) - what are with these stream shapes? it looks kind of chaotic imo, why the sharp curves? i'd try for a less curved stream Those stream shapes exist when there are two 5-note streams in a row and i want to ctrl c+ctrl v+ctrl h+ctrl j them but also have them both overlap with notes earlier/later. I dont think they're that bad, after all its a 5:30 minute song with LOTS of those , some of them having personality isnt a bad thing imo
- 00:23:250 (4,5,6,7,8) - 00:23:700 (9,10,11,12,1) - subjective stuff again, but the stream shapes here aren't really intuitive. the bends in the streams here make them play kind of funky, like it's changing direction for no reason. try going for streams like 00:24:450 (4,5,6,7,8) -
- 00:37:800 - i don't recommend a pause here. music is still picking up the pause doesn't really agree with the build up imo. maybe try making 00:37:650 (4) - a 1/2 slider Fix
- 00:38:250 - i also don't recommend a pause here either for the same reason above. try a circle? No melody here
- couple blankets you could fix, like 00:48:300 (2,4) - 00:49:200 (1,3) - etc. not gonna point all these out since i'm pretty sure you can figure out most of these yourself
- 00:50:400 (1) - i get the long slider for the held vocals, but you end up skipping a really loud snare at 00:50:700. maybe try a 1/1 repeat slider instead, and hitsound the repeat with a clap? fix
- 00:54:450 (4,5,6,7,8) - 00:54:900 (9,10,11,12,1) - last time i point out these streams because you do this a lot, but to reiterate, the sudden bends here aren't intuitive and feel unnatural to play imo, and they look kind of ugly from an aesthetic stand point. i'd go for a more simpler shape that moves in one direction instead of having all sorts of bending
- 01:16:650 (1) - i think you should extend this so that the slider end is on 01:17:700 - this is where the string sound ends
- 01:19:050 (1) - same, think you should extend to 01:20:550 - the violin sound is stronger here Here ive started mapping the vocals since they kicked in
- 01:36:825 (1) - i think spinner should start at 01:36:900 - instead since that's where the whizzing sound/vocal note starts
- 01:41:850 - pretty audible kick here i don't think you should ignore Mapping the vocals here which feel like they take a break here
- 01:44:100 - try not to ignore the snare here, it's one of the loudest sounds here. i'd put a circle here
- 02:19:950 (3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - having these all stacked at the same spot is kind of boring imo. the notes on 02:20:100 (5) - and 02:20:250 (7) - have an accent on them, so why not try making these kick sliders for some variety?
- 02:28:500 (2) - maybe try making this a 1/2 slider like 02:29:700 (1) - ? same sounds
- 02:34:800 (1) - finish instead of clap; cymbal crash here more more distinct
- 02:43:200 (1) - to 02:44:100 (7) - what's with the sudden shift to low distance snapping? doesn't really match with the music imo. i also don't think going from 50% to 30% hitsound volume is a good idea; it sounds really quiet. maybe just try having 50% volume and delete the 40%/30% volume points because the music is toning down before the stark increase at 02:44:400 -
- 02:44:400 - 50% hitsound volume doesn't suit the music here imo. try going back to 75%
- 03:07:800 (1,2) - please don't overlap your sliders like this. it makes the (2) really difficult to read and play. these types of patterns are usually frowned upon and can generally be what stops your map from getting ranked someday
- going back on the above point a little bit, stacks like 03:10:800 (1,3) - might be okay because there's more time to be able to see the pattern, but still debatable since it might be hard to predict
- i think that the section from 03:46:800 (1) - to 03:56:100 (2) - is really undermapped imo. music starts to pick up again with the synth so you should probably map to that. i get that it's a calm part of the song, but even so this section still feels undermapped since you skipped out on a large chunk of the music despite it playing in the background problem for me is that i feel clueless about how to map this part since the background music is undistinct, its really more like background noice.
map could use a lot more polish imo. hope this helps!
- Yoshimaro - wrote:hi im modder c:
[YEAH BRO WHAT THE FUCKS UP]
add monstrata to tags
00:06:640 (2,3,4) - thematically wouldn't it fit the song better if this was a triangle instead of square :thinking:
00:10:050 (3,4,5,6,7) - these dont blanket the curvature of any of these 00:10:650 (9,10,1) - , fix for some nice aesthetic
00:31:200 (1) - i think this deserves a flow change, you had one here 00:30:000 (1) -
00:32:400 (1,2,3,4) - SUMMER SQUARE MIGHT AS WELL ADD BLUE DRAGON TO THE TAGS WHILE YOU'RE AT IT
im joking JEEZ bro calm the FUCK down
00:37:950 (5,1) - as indicated by 00:37:950 (5) - the pixel locator, the start of this object is x:388 y:140 but the red tic on 00:38:400 (1) - is x:389 y:139, FIX THAT SHIT BROH
00:42:000 (1,2,1,2,3,4) - bloop, bloop, bloop bloop bloop bloop
00:43:500 (2,4) - hoYl BLAKNTSE
00:50:400 (1) - maybe give a flow change from 00:50:250 (6) - ? having 00:50:100 (5,6,1) - be linear makes it hard to distinguish 00:50:400 (1) -
01:02:550 (2,3) - logically, how you follow this section 01:02:400 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - with increasing jumps, it should have spacing as well and not stack, use your hitsounding as an indicator for jump size here (you did a pretty good job already, just fix this stack tbhaych)
01:24:000 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - use perfect geometry to make it a perfect triangle? im missing some doritos rn tbh lo
01:47:850 (7,8,1,2) - un intuitive stream shape
01:48:900 (5,6,7,8,1) - ^^^
01:50:100 (1,2,3) - PLEASE I JUST WANT 1 TRIANGLE :C (literally nothing wrong here im just bitching, excuse me plz)
01:51:600 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - you managed to make a jump map that doesnt touch a single corner once, let this be an indicator to how much you're restricting yourself in your mapping in terms of space usage
your jump sequences could be much prettier with better formatting, it would take forever to go through all of them so let me just dissect one jump sequence in this first kiai and then you can consider it in other sequences throughout your map
01:56:700 (2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - sure why not
if this map were exclusively for jump training, then there is nothing wrong with this combo as it is. one reason for that is because flow wise, there's nothing really wrong with it and second because its intuitive... but this is ranked criteria and it looks super cluttered and placed without formatting. here are some reasons i think it looks unformatted (tell me to fuck off if you want this is just my POV tbh lo): #1 the sequence has no shape. not that triangles, squares, and whatever else have you are necessary to making a clean looking jump sequence, but even parts of them can completely clean up your aesthetic with the same flow.01:57:900 (3) - this note awkwardly lands stacked over 01:56:700 (2) - and unevenly distanced between 01:57:000 (4,5,1) - .01:56:850 (3,6,7,2,4,5) - these are rehashed jumps and form a crooked line. 01:58:350 (6) - unevenly distanced between 01:57:900 (3,4) - and has no distinguishable logic to its placement.
if you look at 01:56:700 (2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - as a unit, you can find glimpses of geometry as it is already that can totally fix this aesthetic and keep the flow (basically, put logic into something that otherwise has none (that i can see)).
01:57:300 (6,7,2) - linear, just copy paste 01:57:450 (7,2) - for a straight line if you wanted it.
01:56:700 (2,5,7) - same.
01:56:700 (2,3,5,6) - nearly 60 degree angles from 6>3>5>2.
01:57:300 (6,1,2,3,5,6,7) - a really awkward looking hexagon
so if i didnt already beat the shit out of this point, let me beat it some more in my conclusion saying that you have the the right outline, just give it some shape because rn it looks goofy
ok back to memes
02:03:150 (5,2) - lo nice stakc
02:27:600 - helblinde what the HOyL lol what is this sample from
02:36:450 (4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,1) - sound very overmapped
02:43:200 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - PERFECT PLACE TO USE DORITO GEOMETRY
02:52:650 (3) - lmao if you look at it sideways, it looks like some legs and feet
03:02:775 (6,7,8,1,2) - un intuitive stream shape
03:03:150 (3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - this was pretty close, but 03:03:600 (1) - comes off 03:03:525 (8) - a bit too sharp, no?
03:18:450 (3,4,5,6,7,9) - fix curvature, use the approach circle
04:19:200 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,1,2,3,4) - this section flows in a repetetive counter clockwise circle, flow breaks are warranted in here
04:48:450 (4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,1) - most natural curved stream in the entire map, this was super comfy
press ctrl a and look how minimal :c the map super is centralized and has some pretty cluttered spots, but the flow is nice and comfy and is definitely salvageable through aesthetic. rhythm choice not an issue, gj
o k x d e n j o i m y d u d e s t a y f r e s h