posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Senritsu
waw
ty Sur and Jona 💞
Nardoxyribonucleic
Hello, I would like to point out some difficulty issues present in the set.

Despite the slow BPM of the song, the snaps used in every difficulty are not on the said scale.

1: In Mudah (Kantan), Various 1/2 notes could be found throughout the map. For example, 00:36:706 (30,31,32) - 1/2 k d d and 01:30:088 (7,8,9,10) - 1/2 dddk are supposed to be the patterns used in a Futsuu.

2: In Sedang (Futsuu), A number of simple 1/4 triplets such as 00:34:721 (46,47) and 00:51:265 (71,72,73) - are featured in the map, which would be too hard for a Futsuu.

3: In Susah (Muzukashii), difficult structures like 1/4 dk dkd ddkkdkd are used, which are in fact equivalent to the level of an Oni. (cursor at 01:16:632 - )

I would say it would be much better to rename the difficulties as Futsuu, Muzukashii and Oni (in Indonesian if you prefer) respectively.
Topic Starter
Senritsu
thank you nardo for pointing out those points!

i really want to keep the diff name in Indonesia, somehow it suits the song which is in Indonssian also. about the naming diff, i gave it easy normal hard due to the spread on the difficulty itself, not how certain difficulty have what snaps. the reason i use this is because i literally cant translate oni and insane to indonesian and put it in the measurement of difficulty. like how mudah is the easiest on the set etc.

i do hope i can keep the difficulty names and im sorry i explain it so briefly bcs i wont be able to type and update for the next whole week.

thanks!
OnosakiHito
Disqualifying this beatmap as there are still things that can be changed and should be talked about.

Current BPM is correct but it doubles the amount of visible barlines on the playfield. I recommend you to change the BPM to 136 and use x0.5 inherited timelines to half the amount of visible barlines. In this way they appear every 4/1 instead of 2/1. Clean and correct.

Additionally, I would also suggest to use Normal - Hard - Insane difficulty names instead of Easy - Normal - Hard. There is no clear border when it's about the distinction of lower difficulties on lower BPM'd songs, but I see it a bit similar as Nardo just from a bit different aspect: beside those Notes Nardo mentioned, difficulties like Normal are made in a continues way through the whole map. It's not very hard due to the nature of the song, but lower players would need some rest for their eyes since there is no break at all and they get packed up with one pattern after another. However, I would like to have just a few more opinions about this since you said translating Insane in indonesian can't be done.

One last thing which bugged me a lot in Mudah:

1. 01:04:059 (64,65,66,67,68,69) - Recommending to add a rest moment in a way which makes it coherent to the upcoming ones. With its current constellation it feels very off to play the upcoming patterns as their placement differs on an odd stanza. 01:04:059 - is still connected to previous part due to the missing rest moment which you started having at 01:08:471 - .

That's all for now.
Surono
Insane = Gila / Edan

If the mapper want to keep current diffnaming, it needs to be nerfed on spread density each diffs e.g break section. yeah recommended to changes as mentioened above
Raiden
I myself am slightly divided when it comes to the difficulty names. If it is true that we only care about snapping to determine a difficulty's name, what about the other end of the spectrum (super high BPM maps)? Current ranked ones are linearly labeled as Kantan, Futsuu, Muzukashii and so on. But taking for example Comfort BLAST, the Muzukashii doesn't really have any 1/4 at 335 BPM (neither does the Oni, mind you).

Would it make sense to say that the 1/4s are at 167,5 BPM? Then would the mapper be using 1/8 on the higher difficulties, even if they are actually 1/4 at 335 BPM? If we say so, the tempo between difficulties is changed then, so it stops being coherent. The song has the exact same tempo no matter the difficulty.

To be totally honest, I'd leave the difficulty name up to the mapper until we find a solution we can all agree on for edge cases such as super low and super high BPM songs. I'd say this is a good concept for a new discussion within the RC. come to think of it, the line that says "rhythm related guidelines approximate to 180 BPM" handles this issue very efficiently.

So yeah, I'd say leave the decision to the mapper ultimately.
Volta
Insane = Gila
Oni = Setan

but "Gila" or "Setan" here gives a vibe that the map is incredibly crazy ultra hard (for Indonesian), contradictory with the soothing atmosphere of the song.
Snapping-wise, the difficulty names are one level below the diff scale, but i think it's fine if mapper want to keep it as it is, since it's more make sense to Indonesian.

If mapper decide to use the actual diff scale, probably the highest difficulty can use custom one, like "Sangat Sulit" or "Spesial", rather than explicitly translating Insane or Oni.
PatZar
why don't change the actual Taiko difficulties name instead of custom name? lmao.
i think the other already told their opinions what the map should be, but i think she won't do that, she consistent with their mind.
i would rather talking with growth mindset than fixed mindset, i have too many "curhat" that talks about 'zigzigueve'.

and probably she thinks the currently names are fine, so do i, its fine for me if you want to ask, but i WOULD stick with the currently basic rules that sounds like " You can use custom name for highest/hardest difficult only" correct me if i wrong.

talking about its mapset spread i will not say nothing, i won't download tho lol.

on serious note, please change your difficulties name.
so good luck. see you
zigizigiefe
Did someone just say zigizigiefe--oh, nvm..
PatZar
lol, my uvuv languagesry, i dont mean to mention you
Topic Starter
Senritsu
just got back to my home and will respond (and say what's on my mind) as fast as i can bcs im still overload with assignments.

briefly, im thinking to changing it to sedang-susah-sangat susah like Volta suggested, changing the bpm, and checking the thing said by Ono on Kantan.
Nardoxyribonucleic
Call me later when you get this done. I will provide a mod to follow through.
Topic Starter
Senritsu
kk i'm finished.

so what i do :
1. doubled the bpm like Ono said
2. deleted 01:03:177 (63) - at Mudah to make a break
3. discussed a little with Volta and decided to keep the diffname. snapping should be fine now because the bpm is doubled.

help me
Nardoxyribonucleic
Hi, sorry for being a bit late but here is the mod as promised.

• [Mudah]
  1. 00:51:265 (47) - consider changing this note to k for the relatively high-pitched vocal ?
  2. 00:53:471 (51,52) - similar to ^ , swapping these notes to k d would accompany the pitch decrease nicely.
  3. 01:12:000 - add k and move 01:12:882 (74) - to 01:13:324 - for variation ? By doing this the vocals could be emphasized as well.
  • [Sedang]
  1. 00:24:794 (29) - consider removing this note for a more balanced spread with Mudah ? It seems weird to have higher note density than the next session starting at 00:35:824 -
  2. 00:45:088 - you may add d here if you apply ^ for better density progression.
  3. 00:53:471 (76,77) - same as Mudah. Then d could be added at 00:55:677 - for smoother flow.
  4. 01:12:882 (110) - this note could be moved to 01:13:324 - if you apply the suggestion in Mudah.
  • [Susah]

Please change base slider velocity to 1.4 via notepad to fix the decimal error.
  1. 00:12:662 (11) - maybe delete this note to cohere with 00:19:721 - ?
  2. 00:53:471 (103,104) - same as Mudah
  3. 00:55:677 - same as Sedang. Then you may change 00:55:235 (106) - to k to vary a bit.
You may call me back after that~ :D
Topic Starter
Senritsu

Nardoxyribonucleic wrote:

Hi, sorry for being a bit late but here is the mod as promised.

• [Mudah]
  1. 00:51:265 (47) - consider changing this note to k for the relatively high-pitched vocal ? i prefer the current one. doesnt want to emphasize anything on this song really, because the flow is really calm.
  2. 00:53:471 (51,52) - similar to ^ , swapping these notes to k d would accompany the pitch decrease nicely. ^ but idk if people against it.
    i will keep it anyway lmao
  3. 01:12:000 - add k and move 01:12:882 (74) - to 01:13:324 - for variation ? By doing this the vocals could be emphasized as well. acc'd
  • [Sedang]
  1. 00:24:794 (29) - consider removing this note for a more balanced spread with Mudah ? It seems weird to have higher note density than the next session starting at 00:35:824 - done
  2. 00:45:088 - you may add d here if you apply ^ for better density progression. will keep it like that
  3. 00:53:471 (76,77) - same as Mudah. Then d could be added at 00:55:677 - for smoother flow. keeping it
  4. 01:12:882 (110) - this note could be moved to 01:13:324 - if you apply the suggestion in Mudah. kk
  • [Susah]

1. 00:12:662 (11) - maybe delete this note to cohere with 00:19:721 - ? yea
  2. 00:53:471 (103,104) - same as Mudah same
  3. 00:55:677 - same as Sedang. Then you may change 00:55:235 (106) - to k to vary a bit. added, but not changed.
You may call me back after that~ :D
thanks!
Nardoxyribonucleic
A quick recheck here. (no kd)

• [Susah]

1. 00:54:794 (105) - move to 00:55:677 - for the guitar as mentioned ?
Topic Starter
Senritsu
i swear to god i fixed the sv on notepad wtf osu

ok done
Nardoxyribonucleic
Rechecked the set again. Spread becomes more appropriate. Difficulty names suit their respective level of difficulty at the moment and breaks are sufficient.

Rebubbled~
Surono
back, no more 1.39999999999999999999999
Topic Starter
Senritsu
thank you so much Sur and Nardo \o